The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think military uniform for the men, day dress, hats for ladies. Hope the royal ladies at least of the BRF wear gowns and tiaras otherwise it will look ridiculous.

Reactions: 2
Apparently foreign royals have been told it’s day dress which makes me think the British royals will be in day dress/military. It would surely look a bit odd for Catherine and Sophie to be in tiaras and gowns whilst nobody else is (Anne is riding in the procession so will be in uniform) … personally I was hoping for full pomp, gowns, sashes, tiaras but I think it will just look like your average Trooping the Colour balcony

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Apparently foreign royals have been told it’s day dress which makes me think the British royals will be in day dress/military. It would surely look a bit odd for Catherine and Sophie to be in tiaras and gowns whilst nobody else is (Anne is riding in the procession so will be in uniform) … personally I was hoping for full pomp, gowns, sashes, tiaras but I think it will just look like your average Trooping the Colour balcony
honestly think it's dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. If they did go all out full pomp then people would complain more about the cost.

Reactions: 8
It's being paid for already, people showing up in more glitz and glam wouldn't be any different in my opinion - if you are going to do a once in a lifetime event like this do it properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Day Dress?! What?! Oh how disappointing!

Reactions: 4
I get why they’ve opted to avoid tiaras etc given the cost of living but the reality is those tiaras etc already exist, they aren’t paying for new ones, what’s the bloody point in having them all if they don’t ever use them, may as well sell them at this rate

Reactions: 15
No tiaras would certainly be disappointing. The pageantry and glitz is a big draw for those things. And the other royal houses have some (if not more) stunning pieces. It would be a shame not to. But I think they should add a tiara or two to every event where it’s possible.

Reactions: 9
I’m pleased, makes it more modern and up to date which is a good thing
But the whole thing isn’t modern by its own existence. If we are having it I rather we properly have it with all the pomp and ceremony - why half arse it.

Reactions: 18
But the whole thing isn’t modern by its own existence. If we are having it I rather we properly have it with all the pomp and ceremony - why half arse it.
Because the world has changed since 1953 and the Palace or King Charles himself and decided that things need to be 'more inclusive'.

Mm, he's leaving the ceremony in a gold coach that's over 250 years old, you'd think they could throw in a tiara or two alongside it.

Reactions: 18
This makes me think of the SATC episode where Carrie finds the ring before he proposes and it makes her physically sick.

I don’t really understand the whole idea behind it being romantic for a man to pick a ring after going into it blind with no idea what his future wife would want. Most women wouldn’t let their husband even pick an outfit but you’re expecting him to pick something you’ll wear everyday for the rest of your life in the name of romance, especially something that could cost thousands of pounds, no thank you.
I wear a wraparound bracelet that was my mother's on a daily basis. It was given to her by my father for her 23rd birthday, with her name engraved on the outside and his on the inside together with the date. It was a stopgap engagement present until their leaves coincided in the UK and they could choose an engagement ring together (diamond and emerald).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I get why they’ve opted to avoid tiaras etc given the cost of living but the reality is those tiaras etc already exist, they aren’t paying for new ones, what’s the bloody point in having them all if they don’t ever use them, may as well sell them at this rate
Maybe best to monitor ebay or etsy? Watch out for QCam or KatieWales?

• Haha
Because the world has changed since 1953 and the Palace or King Charles himself and decided that things need to be 'more inclusive'.
I don’t see a problem being inclusive - I think that’s great. But like other people have the jewels, tiaras, etc already exist.

Reactions: 4
Mm, he's leaving the ceremony in a gold coach that's over 250 years old, you'd think they could throw in a tiara or two alongside it.
That's pretty cool though. Older than the USA. I was reading that it was built for King George III. In today's money it would be worth around £2m.

Interestingly, king George died at the age of 81 way back in 1820. I know they had good care, but back then that would have been well above the average life expectancy, probably even double. Incredible the royals lived that long back then even.

I’m sure Harry said in Spare that wasn’t true and was made up by the press. William had always asked for the engagement ring, Harry didn’t even know William was planning to propose to Kate
The whole country was waiting for him to propose, it can hardly have been a surprise to Harry even if he wasn't told before (which l'm not sure l believe)

Interestingly, king George died at the age of 81 way back in 1820. I know they had good care, but back then that would have been well above the average life expectancy, probably even double. Incredible the royals lived that long back then even.
It is a bit of a misapprehension that all people died early in the past.
The average lifespan as we learn it was heavily skewed by infant mortality. Those who lived into adulthood didn't all pop off at 40, but so many died before the age of 5 that the stats lean very low.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.