The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine the uproar if Kate did change that ring...

Iagree with the other that I wouldn't want a ring from such a cursed marriage. From memory too he had to ask Harry to have the ring as Diana left it to him?

I'd prefer what Harry did and get a diamond/stone of some meaning and get a, ring made
I think Harry offered it to William (wasn‘t Harry supposed to have picked the ring and William the Cartier watch). It think it’s whole mystique is that it’s Diana’s ring so in a way it now transcends style or where It suits who wears it. Probably in time 3 or 4 wearers down the line it will get tweaked but I think now it’s still too soon For it not to cause PR ructions.

Re the coronation will those from other Royal houses who are attending (like Monaco, Sweden etc) wear the garter’s from their country or not? Not sure on the protocol?
IMG_6124.jpeg

---
I love these! I wish I could knit to the standard to make one!
Ours locally ended up like this
That’s so nasty :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I love these! I wish I could knit to the standard to make one!
Ours locally ended up like this
I never knew they were called yarn bombers :ROFLMAO: There's someone by me who does it. Some creative post box toppers have appeared over the past couple of years.

Reactions: 5
I never knew they were called yarn bombers :ROFLMAO: There's someone by me who does it. Some creative post box toppers have appeared over the past couple of years.
I really don’t get why you would destroy these. They are so creative and people put a lot of effort into them.

Reactions: 22
It makes me sad that people would vandalise the post box toppers. Royal connection or no, someone put hours of work into that just to add something pretty to their neighbourhood. They do no harm, destruction just seems cruel.

Reactions: 32
Imagine the uproar if Kate did change that ring...

Iagree with the other that I wouldn't want a ring from such a cursed marriage. From memory too he had to ask Harry to have the ring as Diana left it to him?

I'd prefer what Harry did and get a diamond/stone of some meaning and get a, ring made
I’m sure Harry said in Spare that wasn’t true and was made up by the press. William had always asked for the engagement ring, Harry didn’t even know William was planning to propose to Kate

Reactions: 2
Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I personally have a bit of an issue with, sorry but no, I will not be swearing an allegiance to King Charles, I don't believe in bowing and scraping to anyone, and I don't think that the royal family are any better than anyone else. Whilst I would still rather we have the system we have now as opposed to a republic, the days of the divine right of kings is long gone imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Not sure if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I personally have a bit of an issue with, sorry but no, I will not be swearing an allegiance to King Charles, I don't believe in bowing and scraping to anyone, and I don't think that the royal family are any better than anyone else. Whilst I would still rather we have the system we have now as opposed to a republic, the days of the divine right of kings is long gone imo.

It's a personal thing isn't it. I'll be sitting at home watching but I won't be swearing allegiance. I think it's more of a ceremonial thing these days.

Reactions: 10
I feel weird about swearing allegiance to the monarch being part of citizenship ceremonies (here in NZ, at least) so I don't think I'll be signing up for that wee portion.
It just always feels a touch culty to me, like the American pledging of allegiance to the flag.

Reactions: 8
I’m torn on this whole swearing allegiance thing. On the one hand I can see what they’re trying to do by changing it from just being the nobility who are involved to making it something everyone can get involved in. Personally I won’t be sitting in front of the telly and saying it aloud, but then it is “voluntary” nobody is being forced to do it despite what the Twitter comments would make you think

Reactions: 13
King Charles 'gifts the Queen's dresser Angela Kelly a secret house'

Ah the ‘I’m getting flack for something that makes me look mean so I’ll let a Source/insider/confidant leak that I’m not really a Meany McMeany’ definition of secret.

Reactions: 7

New British citizens must swear allegiance to the sovereign, so a voluntary pledge of allegiance for the public is fitting for the coronation service.You won't be put in the Tower of London if you don't

Reactions: 4
It has historic roots which is why I assume it is there - monarchs would have all these oaths and allegiances read to them at Westminster Hall. It was mooted to be done in 1937 and 1953 as well. A lot of this is quite fascinating, you can read it in Roy Strong's Coronation, about the historic perspectives, where elements of the service and purpose of it comes from, including things like this. It was suggested by an MP I believe way back, but to bring it to Westminster Hall as a declaration of allegiance AND support by the people. Sort of like when you are at a wedding, and asked to support and uphold the couple.

Do it if you wish, don't if you don't. I am American so I won't :LOL: but I know my family in England will probably but they are very much monarchists. Sorry, I am a nerd who enjoys the history behind all of this - it is why it was my degree!

Reactions: 1
Re the coronation will those from other Royal houses who are attending (like Monaco, Sweden etc) wear the garter’s from their country or not? Not sure on the protocol?
View attachment 2137866
---

View attachment 2137866
---

Really nasty to destroy someone's hard work. Pathetic too. Just about sums up the mentality of these idiots though.

Reactions: 8
I've seen some American's getting really het up about the whole oath thing. Even though they've literally pledged allegiance to a piece of cloth every day at school.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m really looking forward to the Coronation. I hope it’s full of pomp and ceremony

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.