The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked Meghan's original ring before she messed with it. As much as I dislike her. I don't think it was glitzy/Hollywood enough for her, ergo adding the thin diamond band that's en vogue.
I agree. I think that the jewelled band looks tacky.

Reactions: 2
Agreed. Harry showed good taste and class with his design. But lost on her 🤣

Reactions: 3
The Queen Mother’s original ring was very similar to Diana’s - sapphire with diamond accents.
Hard to find a clear picture but you get the general gist here:
IMG_6106.jpeg

I hate the gold on Meghan’s engagement ring, it clashes with the diamonds to me, but then I think a silver band would have made it look really basic. I feel sorry for men because even the past two pages of this thread are such a clashing of opinions for rings, must be a minefield for them.

Reactions: 8
So Meghans original ring was three Diamonds on a plain band and she had little stones added to the band?
I just had a look for royal engagement rings and these popped up.....

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 5
I hate the gold on Meghan’s engagement ring, it clashes with the diamonds to me, but then I think a silver band would have made it look really basic. I feel sorry for men because even the past two pages of this thread are such a clashing of opinions for rings, must be a minefield for them.
That’s it isn’t it - people like what they like and feel comfortable with. I can’t wear rings with bands that are too thick - they feel odd when I bend my finger - especially on my ring finger where Ive got another 2. If Mr BM had produced anything with a thick band, I’d have been back round the Jewellers with it quicker than wink. Nice and romantic, yes but I’m the one that got to wear and feel comfortable in the chuffing thing.
(Luckily this did not happen and we spent a happy afternoon at the local Jewellers having fun.
well, I say fun …)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Am I the only one who isn't filled with excitement, at the prospect of a new monarch? I shudder to think about the millions being spent on this spectacle. It is just another opportunity for them to display their immense wealth. They are completely out of touch, with the majority of their subjects who are struggling financially.
Minimum wage, state pension and benefits all up 10% and it will raise tourism revenue too

• Haha
You would think a partner that chooses to propose marriage knows the other one well enough to choose a ring the other one loves.
The gemstone halo trend comes and goes. Some days I really like it, some days I find it too distracting on the eye.
Regarding the ring in question- I am not sure W would be too bothered by Diana-die-hard fans if he wanted it altered. He seems to have a rather balanced and rational view on his parents and their marriage. So either he was uber calculating and used the ring to ride on a „Saint Diana’s boy“ wave or he knows she actually really loved the ring after all still and that’s why he chose it. I can see both versions. Kate’s position is actually more interesting. Does she love the ring style? Does she love the connection? Does she love that he wanted to give her this iconic piece? Did both choose it from a calculating pov (not loving it but knowing it’s a great pr spin?) - not everyone puts a lot of emphasis on an engagement ring (especially if there are some pretty tiaras available instead). Would she have been offended not to get it? Does she hate it?

So Meghans original ring was three Diamonds on a plain band and she had little stones added to the band?
I just had a look for royal engagement rings and these popped up.....

the Queen’s all the way for me. Followed by Camilla’s 😀

The one thing you can say about the Royal Family is that I shouldn’t think they mind anyone reworking their bits and pieces … tiaras become necklaces become broaches become ear rings become rings become broaches become tiaras on a regular basis. The shade of Queen Mary hovers over the sparklies.
---
You would think a partner that chooses to propose marriage knows the other one well enough to choose a ring the other one loves.
The gemstone halo trend comes and goes. Some days I really like it, some days I find it too distracting on the eye.
Regarding the ring in question- I am not sure W would be too bothered by Diana-die-hard fans if he wanted it altered. He seems to have a rather balanced and rational view on his parents and their marriage. So either he was uber calculating and used the ring to ride on a „Saint Diana’s boy“ wave or he knows she actually really loved the ring after all still and that’s why he chose it. I can see both versions. Kate’s position is actually more interesting. Does she love the ring style? Does she love the connection? Does she love that he wanted to give her this iconic piece? Did both choose it from a calculating pov (not loving it but knowing it’s a great pr spin?) - not everyone puts a lot of emphasis on an engagement ring (especially if there are some pretty tiaras available instead). Would she have been offended not to get it? Does she hate it?
Personally, I would imagine that neither William or Kate got much say in it and the Palace PR cogs creaked into action. I like the idea that they have another ring that is ‘theirs’ and this is more of a dress ring to them.

The interesting thing will be what happens to it next. Whether the intended of every heir has to wear it regardless or whether it just finds itself shuffled back to the Palace vault.

Last edited:
The liturgy for the coronation service looks like it will be a beautiful ceremony.

I think my favourite is Beatrice's.
I actually had a dress ring with a cheapy pink gemstone. It was my pride and joy before it went missing during a move. So when I saw Eugenies it gladdened me (even though I'm a child of the ROI)

I actually had a dress ring with a cheapy pink gemstone. It was my pride and joy before it went missing during a move. So when I saw Eugenies it gladdened me (even though I'm a child of the ROI)
I liked hers too. It was a very pretty pink.

Reactions: 1
I wonder if amongst Diana’s jewellery, it was one of the few pieces she actually chose for herself? The trays of rings etc. I can imagine she was gifted a lot and could have access to a lot but I wonder how much she got to choose for herself? I think that must mean something to William beyond the relationship it symbolised. I can’t imagine being Kate but I can see if I was presented with a ring from someone I loved as an engagement ring and it had belonged to his dead mother then I would want to wear it. For sentimental reasons and because it meant something to him. I think it would be very hurtful to ask for it to be changed.

Reactions: 9
306F1D92-7398-4501-B158-AE401058E978.jpeg

Almost certain none of you will agree but I think William looks 🔥 here. Day to day I think he’s so unattractive but the minute he has a tan, sunglasses and an open neck I still swoon like I did when he was a teenager!

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I think jewellery is such a personal thing, especially something like an engagement ring that is more than likely going to be worn if not daily then regularly, that the recipient should have some say. It’s alright knowing what suits or what someone’s style is, but until something is seen on, it’s difficult to know if it’s right. Something can tick all the boxes but still be wrong.

View attachment 2136940
Almost certain none of you will agree but I think William looks 🔥 here. Day to day I think he’s so unattractive but the minute he has a tan, sunglasses and an open neck I still swoon like I did when he was a teenager!
William with a tan and sunglasses is a proper “hear me out” meme, then you’ll see a picture of him in some red crew neck in a random gloomy town and be like nahhh

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.