The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are assuming Catherine doesn't like the ring.
Maybe she loves it.
Like you say..It's what it represents. His late mother's ring which he wanted his future wife to own and hopefully treasure. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We are assuming Catherine doesn't like the ring.
Maybe she loves it.
Not assuming anything I would prefer to choose my own ring I personally think.its a hideous piece of jewellery.

Reactions: 4
There is a lot to be said for sentimental value. I have my late mother's engagement ring, and wore it on my wedding day.
It's not a piece of jewellery that is my style or something I would buy for myself. But it's arguably more important to me than my own engagement ring, as my engagement ring represents someone I still have next to me, while hers represents someone I've lost.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I can’t imagine she wears it day to day, because it would just a) get in the way and b) it’s value. It’s such an iconic piece now it has to be worth far more than it was when it was bought. She wears a wedding and an eternity ring as well so she likely just wears those day to day. I remember she didn’t have it on at the commonwealth games I think it was and I wonder if she forgot it 🤣 it’s so bloody big you can’t miss it

Reactions: 3
Plus it was of it’s time. 80’s gaudy flash looking! It’s bloody hideous. I’d be doing a Meghan and retaining the stones but fashioned into something nicer or to my taste.
I think it would have been nice for William to have taken the stones and fashioned it into something else for Kate if he really insisted on keeping it. It’s definitely not her style. What ring do we think she would have gone for? I’m thinking a traditional gold with diamond?
---
I can’t imagine she wears it day to day, because it would just a) get in the way and b) it’s value. It’s such an iconic piece now it has to be worth far more than it was when it was bought. She wears a wedding and an eternity ring as well so she likely just wears those day to day. I remember she didn’t have it on at the commonwealth games I think it was and I wonder if she forgot it 🤣 it’s so bloody big you can’t miss it
I’ve seen her wearing it in pictures where she’s taking one of the children in the pram with the nanny or whilst she’s been shopping in town or at the Polo - her days off. But sometimes she doesn’t, I think it’s very much ‘can I be bothered to wear this?’ 😂

Reactions: 4
Not assuming anything I would prefer to choose my own ring I personally think.its a hideous piece of jewellery.
Me too and if there was pressure on me to have that one, I would want it dismantled and redesigned.
A complete overhaul.

I agree it's hideous.
I didn't like it in the 80s when it was supposedly on trend.
Ugly
Ugly
Ugly thing.

Reactions: 7
Me too and if there was pressure on me to have that one, I would want it dismantled and redesigned.
A complete overhaul.

I agree it's hideous.
I didn't like it in the 80s when it was supposedly on trend.
Ugly
Ugly
Ugly thing.
could you imagine the uproar from Saint Diana fans if Catherine decided to dismantle and redesign the ring?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I often go out without my rings and there’s nothing meant by it. I’m guessing there’d be national headlines if Kate did the same

• Haha
Reactions: 11
At least she had the grace to accept the ring without adding more diamonds to it, like Meghan.
Any more stones added and it would weigh her hand down!

TBH I'm just not a fan of that big stone in the middle surrounded by smaller stones.
Too boring. Too symmetrical.

I suppose Kate’s ring isn’t as bad as Princess Marie’s. Prince Joachim presented her with red, white and blue stones encased in a thick gold band. It was meant to represent the French flag (Marie is French) but it looks like a tacky souvenir.
---
Any more stones added and it would weigh her hand down!

TBH I'm just not a fan of that big stone in the middle surrounded by smaller stones.
Too boring. Too symmetrical.
Ah, see I really like that design! I thought Meghan’s original ring was really nice.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
could you imagine the uproar from Saint Diana fans if Catherine decided to dismantle and redesign the ring?

Just proves, no matter what, there will be someone who is unhappy. Ha!
---
I suppose Kate’s ring isn’t as bad as Princess Marie’s. Prince Joachim presented her with red, white and blue stones encased in a thick gold band. It was meant to represent the French flag (Marie is French) but it looks like a tacky souvenir.
---

Ah, see I really like that design! I thought Meghan’s original ring was really nice.

Can't remember what Meghans original was.

Reactions: 2
At least she had the grace to accept the ring without adding more diamonds to it, like Meghan.
She’s not the first to do that - the Queen Mum completely changed hers.
I think giving anyone such an important piece of jewellery sight unseen has to be prepared for the fact the recipient might not been as keen on it as they are, however romantic the gesture.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I think it would have been nice for William to have taken the stones and fashioned it into something else for Kate if he really insisted on keeping it. It’s definitely not her style. What ring do we think she would have gone for? I’m thinking a traditional gold with diamond?
---

I’ve seen her wearing it in pictures where she’s taking one of the children in the pram with the nanny or whilst she’s been shopping in town or at the Polo - her days off. But sometimes she doesn’t, I think it’s very much ‘can I be bothered to wear this?’ 😂
He could have given it to her as a dress ring in memory of Diana and let her have a say in the kind of engagement she wanted.

Reactions: 6
I doubt it - it’s cursed and more importantly it’s ugly.
That's the main reason why I wouldn't want it. I don't think it's that bad but the fact it was a symbol of such a disastrous union would put me off. It's not like grandmother wore it for 60 years of marriage. Quite the opposite.

William doesn't wear a ring and never has.

Reactions: 5
I liked Meghan's original ring before she messed with it. As much as I dislike her. I don't think it was glitzy/Hollywood enough for her, ergo adding the thin diamond band that's en vogue.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.