The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The shorts and knee socks are still a thing in the UK. And not just in posh circles. I wouldn’t call that outdated. Much more normal than smocked tops. Talking about young boys, mind you.
I've not seen any little boys dressed like that in years thankfully as it looks ridiculous

Reactions: 6
I'd say they do wear normal clothes day to day. We've seen pictures of them dressed casually too. They do dress them in a very old fashioned way for these types of occasions. Charlotte doesn't stand out so much and now that George has progressed to suits, he doesn't look out of place either but the shorts and knee high socks combo for Louis is very Victorian looking.
I wonder if these clothes are a sort of work uniform for the children. They are told that when they wear those sort of clothes they must behave in a certain way because they are “on show” so to speak. Whereas when they are in their “normal” clothes they are off duty.

Reactions: 17
Whats with the matching colour code they never used to do that did they?
I tend to believe Meghan when she says it was 'protocol' - meaning the Queen didn't allow it. Same with the coloured nails that Kate's now got for the first time since marrying into the family, which I doubt Charles GAF about.

I think they want them matching Charles for things like this now. He was in blue, pink, and white, but they probably need to be better on dictating shades in the future (Kate's too bright but does match Camilla at least, while Zara and Sophie are in hot pink)

Reactions: 2
There's no need for them to coordinate to that level though. It's downright odd if you ask me.

Glad to see a different nail colour though, Kate does have an interest then!

Whats with the matching colour code they never used to do that did they?
It’s just odd.
these people are over 40 - why are they acting like something out of a Sorority? It’ll be embroidered bomber jackets next.
(I thought the reason given for the Queen preferring nude nail polish was that it didn’t show chips in photographs)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don’t really care they’re matching, I imagine it’s meant to be a sign of unity, as there is going to be so many questions about the monarchy now the Queen has died, in a way there hasn’t been in a long time. I’m way more concerned that Kate wore coloured nail varnish for the first time ever and it didn’t even match her outfit! 😂 I’m outraged I tell you!!! 😜

Regarding the fact they’re all fairly smartly dressed/formal, including the kids, probably important to remember that Charles is the head of the Church of England, and Easter is the most important event for Christian’s, in the Christian calendar. I imagine some people would be pretty pissed off if they weren’t smartly dressed. Lots of boys wear shorts to school, lots of girls wear dresses to school, I really don’t get this debate, personally 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I do wonder if they're going to try a few different dress schemes to find the right protocols now Charles is up front.
The queen had her style set and her protocols in place. With Charles being a man with basically just a variety of suits to define his personal style, there's likely a bit of thought going on as to how to ensure he doesn't get too overshadowed by the women's fashion of the family while they're out and about en masse. There'll also be a question of how to look cohesive to ensure he can be seen front and centre for events.

I can't imagine there isn't a lot of planning that goes into ensuring that anyone photographing or filming the royals at a public event can track the monarch easily and have them stand out in images. That's harder to coordinate when it's not a full colourblocked outfit in a soft but bright colour, complete with matching hat.

Reactions: 3
The Wales family have always matched or blended at least. If William had a maroon tie, Charlotte had a pinks red flowery dress, Kate with maroon accessories and George a maroon jumper sort of thing.
kate suits a more flare style. These long fitted coats make her look shapeless and just incredibly… long

Reactions: 8
It’s Easter, they’re at church, it’s smart clothes. Simple. My children, mr Voltaire and myself would also be dressed smartly too for such an occasion. We had a family do today and we were all dressed up.

In religious terms, Easter is very important in the Christian church as it is the time the big J-man ‘proved’ he was Christ. KCIII is head of the CofE and William will be next, then George, obviously they need to dress appropriately. I don’t get the fuss.

Reactions: 13
They wore matching blue last year. I prefer this colour and style on Kate more. The cobalt blue she wore today was too bright but then again I’ve never been a fan of that shade.
65DAA00F-ED65-4CDC-8FDC-1E05A9CCB01C.jpeg

Reactions: 14
As a Christian family growing up, we sisters always had a new spring dress and new summer sandals (Clark’s!) for Easter, to signify the newness of the season, and Jesus’ new life and the end of Lent etc. My Nan was really strict about it, we even got new vests and pants!! My sis would never have given in to requests for matchy matchy though. She always tried to win points by making a thing of letting me have first pick, then choosing something as different as she could, God rest her. 💕

• Heart
I've never seen a child in the UK in shorts and knee socks? Is it a thing for uniforms or something?
I think they're taking the blue theme a bit far now as well and I love blue. I suppose at least William didn't have a blue tie.
I see kids near me in shorts and socks for school all the time, especially once Easter hits, they usually stay in trousers all year round once they move from infants to juniors. I’ve never thought the kids were dressed any different to other kids, looks like how I was dressed as a kid and other kids in my family.

Sophie’s look was a real choice, hat looks borrowed from Boy George

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I love cobalt, but in a vest top or jumper. I think it was the head to toe and the style that I didn't like. Loved the shade of Louis' shorts.

Reactions: 1
I see kids near me in shorts and socks for school all the time, especially once Easter hits, they usually stay in trousers all year round once they move from infants to juniors. I’ve never thought the kids were dressed any different to other kids, looks like how I was dressed as a kid and other kids in my family.

Sophie’s look was a real choice, hat looks borrowed from Boy George
My boys wore shorts in infants. It’s pretty common where I live.

Reactions: 8
The shorts and knee socks are still a thing in the UK. And not just in posh circles. I wouldn’t call that outdated.
😁 When were you last in the UK? 1955? Young boys don't wear shorts and knee socks amy more, and smocks and little summer dresses with sashes for girls were last seen in the 1960's.

Reactions: 1
Hmm the boys wore the shorts and socks at school in the 80s. I suspect its still a thing at posh or formal schools.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.