The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh posh people love a hand me down. So they have money to fix the mansions roof.
I remember watching an old documentary about Ampleforth College. All the boys were in hand-me-down outfits from their granddads that were decades old and full of holes and patches!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I remember watching an old documentary about Ampleforth College. All the boys were in hand-me-down outfits from their granddads that were decades old and full of holes and patches!
Also if they decide to spend on quality. Quality can only go so far though after 50 odd years!🤣

yes, Kate often rewears outfits as does most of the family. Her outfit from the Easter service was a rewear from the 2022 commonweath service.

I like to see the children in hand-me-downs from their siblings or cousins. C and L have worn their older siblings' clothes. Mia and Lena often wear hand-me-downs from Savannah and Isla

Edited to add that Charles has been sporting the same clothes for decades! 😂 He wore a coat recently that's 40 years old
Charles was recently seen wearing a coat of his father's that first appeared 67 years ago.

Reactions: 3
We know Kate wears clothes more than once because the DM give us headlines along the lines of ‘Thrifty Kate recycles Alexander McQueen coat’.

And I alway shout at the screen that’s not recycling. It’s wearing a coat twice.
Luckily the cats are used to it now.
---
Charles was recently seen wearing a coat of his father's that first appeared 67 years ago.
That’s how you can tell the ‘proper’ aristos. Their huntin’, shootin’, fishin‘ clobber was made when Victoria was a lass. The parvenu turn up creaking in this season‘s colours with the labels showing. Too, too non-U.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Documentary on All4 worth a look, A Royal Guide to..... Episode 4 is on fashion and there is a bit about dressing royal children. They reckon that they stick to these unwritten rules like shorts until about 7 as if they put them in more formal clothes, we would give out that they are dressing them like adults and if they went casual we would give out that they are not dressed up enough for theses events, I suppose in a way they can't win because even on this thread we all have different opinions 🤷

Reactions: 12
Documentary on All4 worth a look, A Royal Guide to..... Episode 4 is on fashion and there is a bit about dressing royal children. They reckon that they stick to these unwritten rules like shorts until about 7 as if they put them in more formal clothes, we would give out that they are dressing them like adults and if they went casual we would give out that they are not dressed up enough for theses events, I suppose in a way they can't win because even on this thread we all have different opinions 🤷
Louis should be glad he's only in shorts, historically little boys were put in smocks and dresses until they were 'breached' at 6/7 years old! It's called breaching.

I read somewhere that Boden clothes are made so they can be handed down. 🤔
I really like Boden and have bought a lot of it second hand. Currently in a cozy black Boden dress. So soft. It's gone through 2 different owners already and looks brand new! (I buy a lot of my clothes second hand now online, I just feel better about it and I can get good stuff for less.)

Reactions: 7
Love boden. Not cheap but lasts so well. I’m so glad they ship to Australia!

I really like Boden and have bought a lot of it second hand. Currently in a cozy black Boden dress. So soft. It's gone through 2 different owners already and looks brand new! (I buy a lot of my clothes second hand now online, I just feel better about it and I can get good stuff for less.)

Reactions: 2
I’ve noticed more of the matchy colours since Meghan said they couldn’t wear the same colours as the higher up Royals. Then a few of them wore burgundy to the Christmas carols to prove a point I think. I don’t remember any of the other Royals wearing the same colour as The Queen though.
There were quite a few times over the years were other female members wore the same colour. Even the same shade in a few instances.

The whole driving an extra old car, from your grandparents if possible (while also owning an expensive new one) or wearing patched up, hand me downs- preferably coats/blazers/cardigans, or a hand me down wristwatch is definitely something our (ex) aristocrats cultivate as a quirk.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Huw Edward and Kirsty Young will lead the Coronation coverage on the BBC with support from Sophie Raworth, Clare Balding, JJ Chalmers and Anita Rani.
David Dimbleby turned down the chance to present as he ‘didn’t want to play second fiddle’ (allegedly).
I think Huw, Kirsty and Sophie are great choices. Not sure on Anita or JJ and not a fan of Clare. I watched the Holocaust memorial in 2020 (I think) and Huw presented that - he had gravitas and covered such a difficult topic well.

Huw Edward and Kirsty Young will lead the Coronation coverage on the BBC with support from Sophie Raworth, Clare Balding, JJ Chalmers and Anita Rani.
David Dimbleby turned down the chance to present as he ‘didn’t want to play second fiddle’ (allegedly).
I think Huw, Kirsty and Sophie are great choices. Not sure on Anita or JJ and not a fan of Clare. I watched the Holocaust memorial in 2020 (I think) and Huw presented that - he had gravitas and covered such a difficult topic well.
I think they use JJ for the military information stuff … I think he tends to do that at the Trooping of the Colour and did for the Queen’s funeral as well.

Reactions: 2
Huw did a great job on the funeral last year as well. I noticed M&S have got a lot of their coronation stuff in this week, which is a great excuse for a shortbread tin.

Reactions: 9
Huw Edward's voice IS royal events to me. Every time I hear his voice I know I'm watching something historic. The day he stops they may as well finish the monarchy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Huw announced the Queen's death with great gravitas, I am not keen on Clare either I love Kirsty Young's voice.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I heard that Channel 4 are going to play Diana's funeral on the day of the coronation. I hope I heard wrong and they are not playing it, that's just weird.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.