The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shorts are very much still a thing at private schools. But that's about it.
All of the infant and junior schools in my area have them as part of the school uniform and o often see kids wearing them. I think it’s probably dependent on the school, but it’s definitely not just private schools.

Reactions: 12
I do wonder if they're going to try a few different dress schemes to find the right protocols now Charles is up front.
The queen had her style set and her protocols in place. With Charles being a man with basically just a variety of suits to define his personal style, there's likely a bit of thought going on as to how to ensure he doesn't get too overshadowed by the women's fashion of the family while they're out and about en masse. There'll also be a question of how to look cohesive to ensure he can be seen front and centre for events.

I can't imagine there isn't a lot of planning that goes into ensuring that anyone photographing or filming the royals at a public event can track the monarch easily and have them stand out in images. That's harder to coordinate when it's not a full colourblocked outfit in a soft but bright colour, complete with matching hat.
TBH Charles will get over shadowed as he's just in a suit and the woman are in lovely dresses. The Queen wasn't overshadowed because she also wore lovely colourful outfits, it's obv going to be different with a King.

I prefer when they all wear different colour dresses the matchy matchy is a tad boring.

Reactions: 3
I’m surprised William & Kate haven’t relaxed the dress code a bit for their kids. It’s identical to when William & Harry were little which is nearly 40 years ago. Surely chinos, smart shirt & blazer jacket would be fine. At least until the boys are teenagers. For Charlotte they should look at the Spanish princesses who are always beautifully dressed but with a nod to modern trends.

All the matchy blue was boring. I didn’t like Kate’s long blocky coat, it’s a funny colour for a coat and the style was quite dated. I wish she wasn’t always so ‘careful’.

Reactions: 9
It was Charles and Camilla's 18th wedding anniversary yesterday...the colour of which is blue :)

Reactions: 17
TBH Charles will get over shadowed as he's just in a suit and the woman are in lovely dresses. The Queen wasn't overshadowed because she also wore lovely colourful outfits, it's obv going to be different with a King.

I prefer when they all wear different colour dresses the matchy matchy is a tad boring.
I’m just imagining Charles as Jesse from The Fast Show … appearing out of the Highgrove Garden Shed and pronouncing ‘For the Easter Service, we will mainly be wearing blue or pink’ and vanishing inside again.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m surprised William & Kate haven’t relaxed the dress code a bit for their kids. It’s identical to when William & Harry were little which is nearly 40 years ago. Surely chinos, smart shirt & blazer jacket would be fine. At least until the boys are teenagers. For Charlotte they should look at the Spanish princesses who are always beautifully dressed but with a nod to modern trends.

All the matchy blue was boring. I didn’t like Kate’s long blocky coat, it’s a funny colour for a coat and the style was quite dated. I wish she wasn’t always so ‘careful’.
Why don't they put Louis in trousers its not the 1950's :rolleyes:

Why don't they put Louis in trousers its not the 1950's :rolleyes:
Because that is the image they are wanting to project … a kind of idealised EnId Blyton World.
Louis is probably just relieved to have jumped forward 50 years and be out of the Edwardian sailor suit.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Because that is the image they are wanting to project … a kind of idealised EnId Blyton World.
Louis is probably just relieved to have jumped forward 50 years and be out of the Edwardian sailor suit.
It's ridiculous I remember how refreshing it was to see William and Harry in jeans and baseball caps when their mum took them to Alton Towers but of course for official engagements they were made to don outfits from Albert and Victoria's day.
---

She is cautious by nature and the matching outfits reinforced the Stepford wife image.
---
It’s just odd.
these people are over 40 - why are they acting like something out of a Sorority? It’ll be embroidered bomber jackets next.
(I thought the reason given for the Queen preferring nude nail polish was that it didn’t show chips in photographs)
Reminds me of a family in our village who attended the annual carnival in identical velvet jackets but in different colours.They thought they were the bees knees but everyone chuckling quietly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

I’ve noticed more of the matchy colours since Meghan said they couldn’t wear the same colours as the higher up Royals. Then a few of them wore burgundy to the Christmas carols to prove a point I think. I don’t remember any of the other Royals wearing the same colour as The Queen though.

Reactions: 5
The sailor suit was horrific and incredibly dated but I remember being criticised for pointing this out by a rabid royalist who tried to claim it was normal dress for the average toddler in the UK.

And to respond to other posts, of course they should dress smartly for formal occasions but that doesn't mean that they can't modernise somewhat at the same time

Reactions: 5
Shorts are very much still a thing at private schools. But that's about it.
My boys who went to council school in Glasgow did. Lots of the young boys wore short school trousers while in infants. Shirt, tie blazer and shorts

The sailor suit was horrific and incredibly dated but I remember being criticised for pointing this out by a rabid royalist who tried to claim it was normal dress for the average toddler in the UK.

And to respond to other posts, of course they should dress smartly for formal occasions but that doesn't mean that they can't modernise somewhat at the same time
A rabid royalist though 🤣 to be honest l think l remember that!

I suspect it was more a case of don't wear the same colour as the Queen. Charles seems obsessed with being overshadowed but that's his problem. Hes got issues. I don't think he is hard to overshadow, not exactly a riveting personality.

I think it’s the knee length socks that are the twee thing.

Sock free deck shoes, Telegraph rolled up under the arm and you’ve got the look.

I love sailor suits on little boys, tbh, I think it’s adorable. Sorry not sorry. 😁

I think they struggle with the boys and knowing how to dress them. At the jubilee Charlotte wore two lovely dresses that were quite modern and the sort of “party” dress you would see on any girl her age, especially the red sparkly one at the concert. They obviously don’t dress them like that at home, as all the photos they release and any photos taken by the public of them out and about we see they’re all dressed totally normally. I don’t think the boys always need to be suited up, a smart shirt and chinos would do for most occasions, add in a tie for church etc. It could come from further up of course, perhaps HMQ and now Charles wanted them dressed like that who knows

Reactions: 4
Do we ever see any of them in the same outfit again?

I wonder what happens to all the outfits they have and never wear again. Do we think they get donated to charity or kept in a vault for Historical purposes? Genuinely curious.

Reactions: 2
Do we ever see any of them in the same outfit again?

I wonder what happens to all the outfits they have and never wear again. Do we think they get donated to charity or kept in a vault for Historical purposes? Genuinely curious.
yes, Kate often rewears outfits as does most of the family. Her outfit from the Easter service was a rewear from the 2022 commonweath service.

I like to see the children in hand-me-downs from their siblings or cousins. C and L have worn their older siblings' clothes. Mia and Lena often wear hand-me-downs from Savannah and Isla

Edited to add that Charles has been sporting the same clothes for decades! 😂 He wore a coat recently that's 40 years old

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.