The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair, they do tend to dress them in very old fashioned and restrictive clothing. Hopefully they wear nicer stuff day to day
I'd say they do wear normal clothes day to day. We've seen pictures of them dressed casually too. They do dress them in a very old fashioned way for these types of occasions. Charlotte doesn't stand out so much and now that George has progressed to suits, he doesn't look out of place either but the shorts and knee high socks combo for Louis is very Victorian looking.

Reactions: 6
I suspect they think Louis is in casual clothing compared to George. I think he looks quitr sweet.

Charlotte's tights are dreadful. I liked Zara's outfit, and Sophie's dress cost but not the boots and hat. The boots are too heavy and the hat is a bit Willy Wonka for me.

Reactions: 5
Crikey. Been out and just got to my Saturday paper. The Guardian are having a proper go (even more than usual) about the cost etc of the royals. It’s to be hoped they stick to their guns and don’t go bonkers with Corrie coverage, that would really mark them out as hypocrites….🤣🤣
And this too

And this too
It's not hard to keep control of that kind of plant as long as you have all the correct monitoring in place and act on any issues quickly.
---
I wonder why Camilla was driven away from the service and the others walked?
Prior engagement apparently

Reactions: 1
The shorts and knee socks are still a thing in the UK. And not just in posh circles. I wouldn’t call that outdated. Much more normal than smocked tops. Talking about young boys, mind you.
I have to say I really dislike the electric blue. It’s so harsh on the eye and stands out but not in a good way. I do like the fuchsia but I don’t like the specific outfits. I think Anne hit the right spot. The woman with the orange top too.
Also, the all blue Cambridges kind of melt into each other.
Sadly, the Yorks missed the mark again.

Reactions: 2
gettyimages-1251110699-1024x1024.jpg

Sophie's is awful. Neutral brown with a hot pink just doesn't work.

gettyimages-1251110649-1024x1024.jpg

Love this silhouette on Kate, but I think the royal blue is wearing her rather than the other way around. She'd have been better in a cool toned blue that matched her kids a bit better.

Reactions: 5
Wrong shade of blue for Kate - she suits a soft, powder blue much better. Sophie’s outfit is awful!

Reactions: 3
To be fair, they do tend to dress them in very old fashioned and restrictive clothing. Hopefully they wear nicer stuff day to day
They do. It's only for formal things like this were they are dressed very proper. I noticed George was dressed like his dad yesterday at the football. They've said before George likes to dress like his dad.

Kids can be so funny with clothes. I popped to see family last weekend and as I walked in my 7 year old nephew was dressed in a suit, complete with shirt and tie. His parents had bought it for him for a wedding they're going to and he refused to take it off. It was a very formal cup of tea. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sophie‘s hat is awful but I suppose it shields her from the person on her right.

I must admit I find the matchy matchy shades of blue very twee.

Reactions: 8
Must say I don’t think any of them looked great, Zara was probably the best of the bunch. Eugenie had a face on her (or so I thought) and the less said about Sophie’s concoction the better.

Charlottes dress underneath her coat was lovely and I wasn’t surprised to see she’d taken the coat off by the time they came out, I don’t know why they thought she needed a thick wool coat plus tights 🤣

Interesting to see Kate in dark nail polish. I definitely think there were a lot of things that whilst not “protocol” were the preference of the late Queen, I could well imagine she didn’t like dark nail polish, and Kate toed the line as a mark of respect. I don’t imagine Charles has any such strong feelings about nail polish 🤣🤣

Reactions: 8
They do. It's only for formal things like this were they are dressed very proper. I noticed George was dressed like his dad yesterday at the football. They've said before George likes to dress like his dad.

Kids can be so funny with clothes. I popped to see family last weekend and as I walked in my 7 year old nephew was dressed in a suit, complete with shirt and tie. His parents had bought it for him for a wedding they're going to and he refused to take it off. It was a very formal cup of tea. :ROFLMAO:
He was in the box at the football so i'm guessing there was a dress code.

Reactions: 1
The shorts and knee socks are still a thing in the UK. And not just in posh circles. I wouldn’t call that outdated. Much more normal than smocked tops. Talking about young boys, mind you.
I have to say I really dislike the electric blue. It’s so harsh on the eye and stands out but not in a good way. I do like the fuchsia but I don’t like the specific outfits. I think Anne hit the right spot. The woman with the orange top too.
Also, the all blue Cambridges kind of melt into each other.
Sadly, the Yorks missed the mark again.
I've never seen a child in the UK in shorts and knee socks? Is it a thing for uniforms or something?
I think they're taking the blue theme a bit far now as well and I love blue. I suppose at least William didn't have a blue tie.

I do not like their outfits today. Blue and pink in that shade are very strong colors. I liked Anne and Beatrice looks best. I see there is a lot of debate on instagram about Kate’ s nail polish. Again, I would prefer a more subtle color.

I've never seen a child in the UK in shorts and knee socks? Is it a thing for uniforms or something?
I think they're taking the blue theme a bit far now as well and I love blue. I suppose at least William didn't have a blue tie.
No it’s not a common thing in the U.K. as far as I’ve ever seen either. Might as well have put some trousers on him since the top half is a jacket with shirt and tie.
Charlotte’s outfit would have been nice with some neutral tights instead of blue.
The whole Wales family could vary their colour palette a bit.
I don’t mind the red nails and agree it was probably a generational thing respected while the Queen was alive but not a rule/protocol as such.

It seems the Outfit Planning Meeting had decided on shades of blue and reddish pink.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.