The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Princess Margaret called them a bunch of tarts. Diana was referred to as a Sloane Ranger never a Deb.
I think the main problem was that in the 10 years or more he’d been on the marriage market Charles had stepped out with, proposed to and been rejected by a goodly number of acceptable gels. The pickings were getting slim and the situation some what urgent. On paper Diana was ideal, it was just in the actuality it all went a bit pear-shaped.

Reactions: 5
I think the main problem was that in the 10 years or more he’d been on the marriage market Charles had stepped out with, proposed to and been rejected by a goodly number of acceptable gels. The pickings were getting slim and the situation some what urgent. On paper Diana was ideal, it was just in the actuality it all went a bit pear-shaped.
I agree they were a total mismatch he loved the countryside she didn't he liked classical music she liked pop, as he seemed a bit of an upper class bimbo.
---
How? (genuine question)
Just leaving it

[QUOTE="regularvoltaire, 📯
The St Diana lot will never be convinced, but I will always believe that they were stupidly forced together and that never would have worked. He loved Camilla, was sent away cos she ‘wasn’t suitable’, she realised that and married elsewhere to a very dashing man, who could blame her? Diana played away too, many times and with married men.
It was all such a shame that QETQM masterminded a stupid plan in the age of debutantes.
I am glad QC has had the ‘consort’ title dropped. She has put her head above the parapet marrying Charles and has shown herself to be an intelligent and kind woman.
Debutantes? In the 1980' s ?,They had them banned from the Royal Court in the 50's.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I meant the queen mum was from that era. X

Reactions: 1
I’m done with the lot of ‘em. I don’t think a republic is any better as we’d end up with some idiot voted in as president.

The monarchy and its structure needs to be massively reduced in cost and size. Start opening up all the historical buildings to the public.
Isn’t that the plan? Open buckingham palace year round?

I think It Girls were more media personalities and party animals
Yes Tara Palmer Tomlinson was an It girl she was on the first ever I'm a Celebrity and Prince Charles was her godfather. She passed away a few years ago at quite a young age.

i wonder if Harry’s been offered a coronation commentary gig?
to Be honest I’d expect some one to have approached them to do this.

Reactions: 2
I bet he has. He would take that, and go on whining about Mummy the whole time because he has the intellectual capacity of a turnip which insults turnips.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'd be shocked if there hasn't been at least an offer or three. The question would be which outlets, to me. Given his not likely being privy to any current information, I can see it going in two directions. Some outlets would be looking for his name alone and have actual commentators to pick up the slack. Some outlets, however, would be looking for sound bites and some tabloid headlines given Harry has shown he's happy to divulge private information of his family, and speculate on their thoughts, actions, and motivations.

Without a ghost writer, an editor, and a legal team to clean up any disclosures, there'd be a chance of catching some messy tabloid moments if they left enough moments of silence to fill.

I hope like hell his PR advisors would see those same possible issues.

Reactions: 2
American channels would definitely ask but that’s a whole can of worms to open if he starts doing commentary on royal events.
Like @Lammington says though Harry doesn’t have any recent inside knowledge of the family

Puts a new spin on things, this theory for me. If they happened to be negotiating (hypothetically) behind the scenes, they'd be holding out for as long as possible (whilst assuming as 'much-loved family members' they'd get a spot despite the late RSVP

I definitely think he and perhaps both of them have had offers. The thing is though, nothing they’ve done since they left has been “live” all the interviews etc have been pre-done (I believe) with time for their team
to check they haven’t said anything that’s going to get them in serious, legal trouble. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. I think they both know they can’t risk live tv commentary in case something comes out or they get a question they don’t like

Reactions: 4
I definitely think he and perhaps both of them have had offers. The thing is though, nothing they’ve done since they left has been “live” all the interviews etc have been pre-done (I believe) with time for their team
to check they haven’t said anything that’s going to get them in serious, legal trouble. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. I think they both know they can’t risk live tv commentary in case something comes out or they get a question they don’t like
I don't think they're able for anything live either. Everything I've seen them do looks like it was scripted or rehearsed beforehand. I think Harry doing a live commentary of the coronation would be well worth a listen. Good only knows what he'd say particularly if he had a co-commentator who could push his buttons or manipulate him into opening up.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.