The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rude! In fact most of your replies are rude!
Which bit is rude? Did you really want the Queen to be seen sobbing uncontrollably and grinding her teeth on walkabouts? Should Prince Philip have jumped off a sky rise when visiting New York whilst screaming obscenities? Would that be appropriate royal behaviour?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So her pushy mother, successful in her own right and who built a business from scratch, could manage push her to bag a Prince, but somehow wouldn't have been able to push her or support her into a successful career?

A great many people born in dire circumstances go on to achieve greatly, while others wallow in their victimhood (like the idiot Harry) for the rest of their lives and complain about how unfair life is.
The very fact that Carole sent them to a private school (and kate went to a private uni!) and instead of going off and carving out their own careers they have both managed to marry very wealthy men and social climb is not lost on anyone...

There is nothing wrong with being privilege or marrying into it like they have but lets not pretend that they'll be setting the corporate world on fire if they hadn't met their husbands

Reactions: 8
The very fact that Carole sent them to a private school (and kate went to a private uni!) and instead of going off and carving out their own careers they have both managed to marry very wealthy men and social climb is not lost on anyone...

There is nothing wrong with being privilege or marrying into it like they have but lets not pretend that they'll be setting the corporate world on fire if they hadn't met their husbands
They went to private school because of her father’s family trust fund and the fact they had been tickling around the lower reaches of the aristocracy for decades. His own father had served with Prince Philip, and was his Co-pilot on a tour a royal. His grandmother was acquainted with Queen Mary.

The press like to concentrate on Carole and her ancestry because it’s a ‘good’(/snigger at the parvenu) story … a little bit like when they sold Lady Diana as being the next door neighbour and growing up with the Royal kids … when really her Father’s side was more local landed gentry who knew ‘people’.

Reactions: 6

As evidenced by Pippa never having a real job, Kate seeming to work 2-3 days a week for jigsaw, and even James losing money left, right and centre on failed businesses.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Have I understood this thread correctly?

Kate and William are work shy, lazy and don't do enough engagements. However, when they do appear to be doing more engagements they are are rubbing the noses of the plebs and showing fake concern? :unsure:

I wonder if it's a protocol that they never take anything to any of these engagements in the name of impartiality. Can't be seen to show any favouritism. ( I do believe after Catherine visited a baby bank they received a donation from Pampers which was to do with her )

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Kate and William are work shy, lazy and don't do enough engagements. However, when they do appear to be doing more engagements they are are rubbing the noses of the plebs and showing fake concern? :unsure:

I wonder if it's a protocol that they never take anything to any of these engagements in the name of impartiality. Can't be seen to show any favouritism. ( I do believe after Catherine visited a baby bank they received a donation from Pampers which was to do with her )
I think they’d be as bad burnt as scalded if they took anything with them. Don’t take anything and be seen as entitled, don’t give a care. Take something and be seen as patronising.

Asking what is really needed and arranging private donation is probably the best way.

Reactions: 20
I think they’d be as bad burnt as scalded if they took anything with them. Don’t take anything and be seen as entitled, don’t give a care. Take something and be seen as patronising.

Asking what is really needed and arranging private donation is probably the best way.
I can guarantee if they'd have turned up with a couple of bags of shopping they'd have been ripped apart. 'Is that it? They could afford to donate the contents of Tesco' etc etc.

Reactions: 23

I'm no fan, but there's no need to make tit up. St Andrew's isn't a private Uni; anyone can go there if they apply. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I guess it was to say they most definitely wouldn’t be living on benefits.
Marina Ogilvy came from wealth and ended up living on benefits.

---

What rubbish. William was an air sea rescue pilot for many years, Kate has 2 As and a B at A level (including an A in Maths) and was a fashion buyer. Not to mention her parents are multi millionares as was Diana
Men and women who worked in the military have ended up living on benefits, so have people with good A Levels and University degrees. People from very privileged backgrounds have go in benefits too, like Marina Ogilvy.

Reactions: 3

She arranged around 10,000 items in donations to the baby banks when she visited from various different children’s companies, and a lot of them like Silver Cross and Pampers signed up to long term regular donations. Her work with baby banks has been one of her best and most impactful imo.

Reactions: 17
As evidenced by Pippa never having a real job, Kate seeming to work 2-3 days a week for jigsaw, and even James losing money left, right and centre on failed businesses.
You know, I quite like James. He seems like a decent guy and his struggles with depression and love for dogs really resonate with me so I do not mean this as a dig, but...why marshmallows? I mean, they're pretty bland-tasting and best used in Smores, so very expensive marshmallows with prints on them that are probably not going to be toasted is just very...odd? to me. Are fancy marshmallows a British thing that I don't understand?

Not trying to be facetious at all. I just really never understood the business concept and how Boomf stayed afloat for as long as it did.

Reactions: 2
You couldn’t possibly know this. Peoples circumstances often dictate a lot as to why they do what they do. If I won a 100 million on the lottery tomorrow I would be quitting on the spot and finding anything else I wish to spend my time doing at my own leisure. It is a privilege and so they act privileged. As royals they’re expected to do more than the average millionaires children. A lot of whom seem to think posting their privileged lifestyles on Instagram constitutes a job
Not unless they are the King constitutionally or unless they are working royals receiving sovereign grant funds they aren't.

---

So what, they don't take any taxpayers money apart from Kate when she is doing royal visits

You know, I quite like James. He seems like a decent guy and his struggles with depression and love for dogs really resonate with me so I do not mean this as a dig, but...why marshmallows? I mean, they're pretty bland-tasting and best used in Smores, so very expensive marshmallows with prints on them that are probably not going to be toasted is just very...odd? to me. Are fancy marshmallows a British thing that I don't understand?

Not trying to be facetious at all. I just really never understood the business concept and how Boomf stayed afloat for as long as it did.
To the best of my knowledge most of the marshmallows here are pink or white and come in bags from the supermarket. Sometimes little ones are put on hot chocolate.
here ends my marshmallow knowlege :D

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Marina Ogilvy came from wealth and ended up living on benefits.

---

Men and women who worked in the military have ended up living on benefits, so have people with good A Levels and University degrees. People from very privileged backgrounds have go in benefits too, like Marina Ogilvy.
Not if their parents are multi millionaires unless they spend it all on drink, drugs and partying

I think they do make private donations.

---

To the best of my knowledge most of the marshmallows here are pink or white and come in bags from the supermarket. Sometimes little ones are put on hot chocolate.
here ends my marshmallow knowlege :D
Oh there is a brand called Marsh & Mallow that produces the most delicious chocolate coated marshmallow in different flavours. You can get them in bars and in bags

Reactions: 1
I remember his marshmallow adverts being on the tv all the time years ago and didn’t know it was his company until about a year ago. They were quite a cool idea but soooo expensive for what they were. They could have worked much better as a funny novelty present on the side of someone’s main present but once you add in delivery they were about £15, which isn’t far off what you’d pay for a main present.

Reactions: 6

St Andrew's isn't a private uni

Reactions: 7
Not if their parents are multi millionaires unless they spend it all on drink, drugs and partying
What? A parents wealth doesn’t mean that the children aren’t going to end up needing help. Some parents refuse to help out their children and it’s nothing to do with drinks, drugs or partying.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.