The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't imagine any of the royal men don't cheat, honestly. While the norm of a man having a mistress and it being simply accepted went out of fashion for the rest of us, it's a different story for the upper echelons of society.
It's only with Charles and Camilla that the public saw and judged the behaviours, but even then the only deviation from the norm was the backlash. I feel like William and Harry learned to be more discreet, but I'd be shocked if they learned not to have a mistress.

In that situation their wife makes a choice to stay or go. I don't necessarily agree with their choices, but I also have no inclination to live in their circles, so perhaps for them it's worth it, whether in the relationship in other matters, the position, or even if it's just them also getting to have someone on the side.

Reactions: 6
I worked for a high profile charity for a while and we had QE and Phil to visit, the only part of the organisation I had to help with was ensuring the drinks on their rider were right. I seem to recall QE liked that one that tastes like cough medicine, Campari (maybe she had a tickly throat that day) and a stout for Phil. For an 11am visit. I think the Queen Mum liked a gin on her corn flakes no? 🤭
Sounds about right!🤣

The videos of Kate recoiling from Will and swiftly moving away from his touches clearly show it's not all worth it. Imagine being tied publicly to a man who even the thought of his arm around you makes you uncomfortable. I can only hope for her sake that she's got her own side action to make it bearable.
There's a video of her recoiling from a black guy on Twitter which was quite frankly shocking

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think she looks like someone who just does as shes told, hence the match matchy ' I'm in Ireland I must wear green/ I'm in Jamaica I must wear green, black and gold' business and the early years stuff, where it looks like some courtiers have told her what to do and she's done it without having any say or opinion as to what she wants to do. I do agree she is perfect for the Royals and William in that respect though and if they are both happy and it's what they want it's up to them. I would be extremely surprised if they split up.
It's not like Kate is out on royal engagements every day of the week though. It's easy for her to suppress her personality or wear themed clothes or do what she's told for her 100 engagements a year or how ever many she does. It takes up very little of her time compared to other jobs and everyone behaves differently at work to how they do at home. I don't see Kate doing what she's told on engagements as a sign that she's given up her own personality - engagements are only a tiny part of her life really. Doing what she's told seems to be working well for her anyway. She seems to get on well with the rest of the family, she's reasonably popular with the public, she doesn't create any drama for herself and she has plenty of free time to do what she wants in private. I think it's the smart way to be a royal - wear nice clothes, smile at everyone, say nothing controversial then go home and do what you like.

Reactions: 17
It's not like Kate is out on royal engagements every day of the week though. It's easy for her to suppress her personality or wear themed clothes or do what she's told for her 100 engagements a year or how ever many she does. It takes up very little of her time compared to other jobs and everyone behaves differently at work to how they do at home. I don't see Kate doing what she's told on engagements as a sign that she's given up her own personality - engagements are only a tiny part of her life really. Doing what she's told seems to be working well for her anyway. She seems to get on well with the rest of the family, she's reasonably popular with the public, she doesn't create any drama for herself and she has plenty of free time to do what she wants in private. I think it's the smart way to be a royal - wear nice clothes, smile at everyone, say nothing controversial then go home and do what you like.
You're right, nice clothes, bland personality, job done

Reactions: 6
You're right, nice clothes, bland personality, job done
Exactly. I know she gets criticised for it but she's a much better 'royal' and a better team player than Diana or Meghan for example and she also has much more privacy than either of them did as royals. Bringing too much of your own personality to work with you when you're a royal is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. The way Kate does it is more sustainable in the longer term and she will be in the public eye for the rest of her life.
There's no point expecting royals to be trailblazers or to set the world alight with their ideas or their charity work. It's not really their role. Their role is to support some nice 'safe' charities, meet the public and appear interested in what they're talking about, host foreign dignitaries and lay on a good banquet for them, and represent Britain abroad. It's basically meeting people and being nice to them - the same as other ceremonial heads of state - and Kate is good at that. She and William could definitely do a lot more of it though especially now they're Prince and Princess of Wales.

I know Meghan said the RF wanted her to be 50% less or she couldn't be herself or something along those lines but honestly when you don't even work 2 half days a week then who cares if you can't express your full personality at work. I can't express my full personality at work either and I have to go there 5 days a week for the whole day. I have to be polite to all sorts of people who really annoy me too. Kate is right to do it the way she does it - she has a better relationship with the in laws, less criticism in the press, more privacy and less stress than if she were sharing her true opinions on things or if she were trying to change the British media landscape like Harry is.
I think she probably does things her way when it matters to her like taking photos of the kids herself or the way she's been able to stay so involved with her own family. Why would she care if she has to wear a green dress in Ireland or bite her tongue when she hears something stupid on a walkabout when she has the rest of the week off afterwards to do what she likes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Exactly. I know she gets criticised for it but she's a much better 'royal' and a better team player than Diana or Meghan for example and she also has much more privacy than either of them did as royals. Bringing too much of your own personality to work with you when you're a royal is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. The way Kate does it is more sustainable in the longer term and she will be in the public eye for the rest of her life.
There's no point expecting royals to be trailblazers or to set the world alight with their ideas or their charity work. It's not really their role. Their role is to support some nice 'safe' charities, meet the public and appear interested in what they're talking about, host foreign dignitaries and lay on a good banquet for them, and represent Britain abroad. It's basically meeting people and being nice to them - the same as other ceremonial heads of state - and Kate is good at that. She and William could definitely do a lot more of it though especially now they're Prince and Princess of Wales.

I know Meghan said the RF wanted her to be 50% less or she couldn't be herself or something along those lines but honestly when you don't even work 2 half days a week then who cares if you can't express your full personality at work. I can't express my full personality at work either and I have to go there 5 days a week for the whole day. I have to be polite to all sorts of people who really annoy me too. Kate is right to do it the way she does it - she has a better relationship with the in laws, less criticism in the press, more privacy and less stress than if she were sharing her true opinions on things or if she were trying to change the British media landscape like Harry is.
I think she probably does things her way when it matters to her like taking photos of the kids herself or the way she's been able to stay so involved with her own family. Why would she care if she has to wear a green dress in Ireland or bite her tongue when she hears something stupid on a walkabout when she has the rest of the week off afterwards to do what she likes.
I agree. She is absolutely doing the right thing for the life she wants and for the family she has chosen to join. Her job is to wear clothes, smile, nod, pop out some heirs and not rock the boat, which she does admirably. I don't like how she is put forward as a role model for women by the press against evil uppity women with opinions or having to read endless puff pieces about how she knows more about childhood development than people who have been working and researching the field for years, and that all Early years education needs is a Princess telling people to nurture their toddler ( not money, or resources). Smile, nod, wear some nice clothes, promote sports for girls or teens or something you're interested in that does not provide the government with an excuse not to spend money on something. Don't pretend that you are a stay at home mum when you are being paid to handshake for the RF.

Reactions: 13
I recall when she was pregnant with Charlotte he just ignored her when she struggled down the stairs of St Paul's.
Do you have a clip of that?

The family seem to think they are a catch too, and can be as rigid and unwelcoming as they like and people will be so desperate to be in the Royal Family they will just put up with it.
I agree and I find it hilarious. The men are unattractive, balding, bad mannered. Yes you get to be a royal but it’s hardly the catch it used to be.

There's a video of her recoiling from a black guy on Twitter which was quite frankly shocking
Where’s that, do you have a link?

Reactions: 7
I think Kate has a steely edge that she keeps well hidden.

During the jubilee church service that H&M attended, she looked liked a cat on hot bricks. Something had spooked her - possibly the Cali 2 being in the room.

The rest of the jubilee, without H&M, she seemed fine.

And when there was the walkabout after granny died. Jings, she looked liked she was firing lasers from her eyes and it was Meg who looked terrified. Possibly because by then she was Princess of Wales.

Technically when William and Harry were grandchildren of the Queen, it was a more level playing field. But after she passed, it was confirmed that Big Willy was the Head honcho and Ginger was the also ran.

Plus I might be wrong, but do other members of RF now have to curtesy to Kate as POW??? That's a power play in itself.

Reactions: 10

I agree and I find it hilarious. The men are unattractive, balding, bad mannered. Yes you get to be a royal but it’s hardly the catch it used to be.

I don’t think it ever was to be fair. It’s just that when you are marrying your deceased fiancé’s brother for dynasty purposes that’s not a consideration.

Reactions: 3
She gave herself up - her identity and anything else she may have wanted in life - to pursue him.
This is what I find a bit sad about her situation. If her goal was to be a wife and mother that’s great, I think homemakers are important and she could have definitely had that with some random rich boy. But by joining the Royals and dating William since she was a teen she doesn’t have her own identity. It’s all based on William.

Reactions: 4
I think Kate has a steely edge that she keeps well hidden.

During the jubilee church service that H&M attended, she looked liked a cat on hot bricks. Something had spooked her - possibly the Cali 2 being in the room.

The rest of the jubilee, without H&M, she seemed fine.

And when there was the walkabout after granny died. Jings, she looked liked she was firing lasers from her eyes and it was Meg who looked terrified. Possibly because by then she was Princess of Wales.

Technically when William and Harry were grandchildren of the Queen, it was a more level playing field. But after she passed, it was confirmed that Big Willy was the Head honcho and Ginger was the also ran.

Plus I might be wrong, but do other members of RF now have to curtesy to Kate as POW??? That's a power play in itself.
The ones she outrank by virtue of being married to William (the Heir) always did. if William was present.
technically, if Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie were present with Kate on her own, then she curtesy’s to them as blood princesses (so throw Charlotte into that mix as well).
All Kate’s styling and honourifics come from being an extension of William and his presence.

Reactions: 2
Just found this snippet online:
…Journalist Sophia Money-Coutts tells Marie Claire, "according to yet another expert HRHs don’t curtsy to other HRHs. So that means everyone *does* have to curtsy to Camilla now because she’s a HM but others e.g. Kate and Meghan and Beatrice etc. don’t have to curtsy to one another."
Money-Coutts clarifies, "other royal women, e.g. Zara and Louise Wessex, aren’t HRHs so presumably they do have to curtsy to them." (By this logic, Zara Tindall or Lady Louise would curtsy to Princess Kate, but since none of them has ever confirmed this, it's kind of hard to know for sure.)
Commenting on whether they all bother to follow these rules behind closed doors, one source told Money-Coutts for the Telegraph, "What they do when there are no outsiders present I can’t tell, but I suspect they do [curtsy]. They all did with the Queen."

Reactions: 5
This is what I find a bit sad about her situation. If her goal was to be a wife and mother that’s great, I think homemakers are important and she could have definitely had that with some random rich boy. But by joining the Royals and dating William since she was a teen she doesn’t have her own identity. It’s all based on William.
To be fair, we only know her public identity - we don't and will likely never know what identity she has beyond that which is out for public view.
As has been pointed out, when we see her she's at work, and presents herself accordingly, the way the rest of us have a "phone voice" for work.

Anything royal women present to the world is judged - fashion, personalities, makeup choices, facial expressions, weight, the lot. While their husbands are more likely to be judged for their actions, the women are judged for their existence.
In that situation, offering up more than professional and polite interactions for judgement is opening up for negative attention, as we have seen with others.

Reactions: 16
To be fair, we only know her public identity - we don't and will likely never know what identity she has beyond that which is out for public view.
As has been pointed out, when we see her she's at work, and presents herself accordingly, the way the rest of us have a "phone voice" for work.

Anything royal women present to the world is judged - fashion, personalities, makeup choices, facial expressions, weight, the lot. While their husbands are more likely to be judged for their actions, the women are judged for their existence.
In that situation, offering up more than professional and polite interactions for judgement is opening up for negative attention, as we have seen with others.
The very true. I suppose I wish I saw more of her personality and what she liked. At the moment it’s all alluded and when she interacts it’s quite distant and professional. Would be nice to see a bit more of Kate and not Duchess of Cambridge/Princess of Wales.

I was listening to bbc world service this morning and they had a topic which mentioned that the coverage of harry was over the top and listeners had complaints about that. I have to agree that the harry interview has been over analysed at this point and bugger all left to say about it.

I'm trying to think how to find it, I saw it on Twitter last year.

Thats the one, what a horrible horrible man, and Diana also recalled hiding behind a door and her Father hitting her mother who was crying, what a horrible family.
Definitely agree. Those desperate to see Diana in the grandchildren always go on about the ‘Spencer gene’ as if it’s some great compliment. Good god no. That family makes the royals seem like the most functional ever.

Reactions: 21
Kate and Meghan definitely both had the same gameplan. Snag a prince, be set for life, have your kids set for life. Kate was more obvious about it than Meghan was, with her switch to St Andrews.

Kate knew exactly what she was getting into and what being royal meant, because her mum had groomed her for it. She'd accepted it. Therefore she turns up, spends an hour with the proles, she doesn't say much meaning although she doesn't enthuse she won't offend, she pisses off home and can either spend time with the kids... or hand them off to the nanny at her leisure. She may no longer fancy her husband, but he won't ever dare divorce her, so she's safe.

Meghan had an idealised view and was shocked when it didn't work out that way. Not sure whether Harry sold her the moon on this, or whether it's just americans being unable to separate Royalty vs Celebrity, but she didn't get it the way Kate does. So she fucked it up, Harry can't stand anyone not liking his precious Meg so they left, and now she's lost her leash on him and now he's digging a hole for them with every word he says.

Meanwhile the aristocrats know that the real prize is a wealthy hedge fund manager. Rich enough to be set for life and have your kids set for life, without the shite that comes from marrying the manbabies that the royals create.

Reactions: 12
It's interesting how Kate seems to get a lot of flack for staying with William (if he did have the alleged affair), and meghan supposedly wouldn't have handled things the same way. Yet she and her friendship group worship Hilary Clinton who did the exact same thing (never mind all the other issues surrounding the Clintons) and it's not like people don't stay with partners who have cheated in the real world either.

Just seems odd to criticise her actions as if its something awful/detached from real world when it's actually a common occurrence (if it happened at all of course).

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.