The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially these two, I cannot for the life of me understand why they wouldn’t want to get out working more. They’re riding a high of the Harry hate train combined with the Queens death and their new titles, and Kate especially is constantly on the front pages when she actually goes out. They should be smashing out 3/4 public engagements a week atm just for the sake of meeting loads of people who’ll likely leave the engagement with a positive opinion of them and to be in the papers smiling and looking like they’re doing something.
Meghan and Harry have done them the biggest favour possible. If I was extremely tin hatted, I'd suspect they were drill on the payroll being paid millions just to be the comic book baddies, letting them get away with doing the absolute minimum. They only started doing engagements this week, when the book came out. Its the middle of January. I wonder if William will give some of his newfound windfall from the Duchy of Cornwall ( which I think is also getting a windfarm windfall) to good causes or the exchequer?

I would be interested to see the behind the scenes of how a royal engagement is booked and approved. Presumably the various teams either approach or are approached about an engagement, consideration would be made of appropriateness and calendar bookings, approval gained from the monarch's team I assume, and then arranging security, transport and ancillary services.
I'd be keen to see what that process actually looks like and how long it takes.
They count phonecalls, which can't take much time at all to organise, but go on the list as ' engagements' when no security or transport has to be arranged. They have a lot if staff to do all the organising for them. They basically have to read a cribsheet and be driven thee and back.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
They count phonecalls, which can't take much time at all to organise, but go on the list as ' engagements' when no security or transport has to be arranged. They have a lot if staff to do all the organising for them. They basically have to read a cribsheet and be driven thee and back.
I mean I'd be intrigued to see the actual process, not the end result. What all the staff members do, the teams needed to check and sort consent, etc.
We see, make judgement on, and snark on the end result, and even in your response you went straight to that, where my interest was in what cogs get turned to get there.

Like, for each hour-long engagement we see, how many staff members across the various teams actually spent work hours on it? Because nothing for the royals is going to be as simple as rocking up, there'd be so many hoops that those staff had to jump through.

Reactions: 6
I mean I'd be intrigued to see the actual process, not the end result. What all the staff members do, the teams needed to check and sort consent, etc.
We see, make judgement on, and snark on the end result, and even in your response you went straight to that, where my interest was in what cogs get turned to get there.

Like, for each hour-long engagement we see, how many staff members across the various teams actually spent work hours on it? Because nothing for the royals is going to be as simple as rocking up, there'd be so many hoops that those staff had to jump through.
This is really interesting and I definitely think the I sing hero’s here are the staff arranging it behind the scenes. Everything you mentioned plus they must have to do a hell of a lot of background research on the place/people they’re meeting to make sure there’s nothing lurking in the past the press will latch on to

Reactions: 2
This is really interesting and I definitely think the I sing hero’s here are the staff arranging it behind the scenes. Everything you mentioned plus they must have to do a hell of a lot of background research on the place/people they’re meeting to make sure there’s nothing lurking in the past the press will latch on to
Plus the effort put in by the 3rd party. Princess Anne visited my sisters work. They decorated the reception and refitted the ladies toilet for a 15 min visit. Madness.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Plus the effort put in by the 3rd party. Princess Anne visited my sisters work. They decorated the reception and refitted the ladies toilet for a 15 min visit. Madness.
Theres a saying that Royal VIsitors are accustomed to smelling fresh paint on most of their visits.

I worked for a high profile charity for a while and we had QE and Phil to visit, the only part of the organisation I had to help with was ensuring the drinks on their rider were right. I seem to recall QE liked that one that tastes like cough medicine, Campari (maybe she had a tickly throat that day) and a stout for Phil. For an 11am visit. I think the Queen Mum liked a gin on her corn flakes no? 🤭

• Wow
Reactions: 1
At this stage, the teams will have procedures in place and it should be smooth. If it's a charity (especially a childrens one) the people who work there should have some sort of background check. I also think this is where their patronages come in, they tend to visit them and work from there.

As other people have said, this doesn't excuse their laziness - if you have to pad out your engagements with 10 minute zoom calls etc. exactly how much work are you doing?

Reactions: 7
Absolutely. Mike has been cashing in on his royal relation for decades, and is known to blab about them just enough to stay interesting in the hope to get more out of him. Additionally he is basically a shady influencer. So yeah…. no brownie points for Anne’s offspring. I think out of all Beatrice is the only one working a somewhat real job since 2017. Peter Philips company is a joke and heavily relying on his connections. Eugenie might be another contender for actually working a real job. And it seems both women have stopped to take off more days than actually work. But who knows. At this point Beatrice is the only one not living on a royal property- but fear not, she and Edit purchased a £3.5 million manor home in 2021. Oh how the other 1% live.
TBH it's not that different in other wealthy circles. It's for a reason that we are talking about nespo babies. They are supposedly having hardcore careers yet are spending their time flying around the world to go on vacation. I know a girl from a very wealthy family - she knows she will get a job in the family business. In the meantime she did a law degree "for the fun" and while I was studying hard, she did more intercontinental flights than me during my entire life. Plus, those people, when they study, they benefit from great accomodations, a cleaner and all those things that make your life much easier.

I think Kate and William are not that different from people in their level of wealth. It's just that there is a stronger expectation on royals than the people they are used to mingle with. It also probably explains why Harry is so tone-deaf. He only knows people that have the same lifestyle than him. They are maybe less posh but they are also part of a very exclusive part of society. When Harry was complaining about his dad cutting him off, it's because it's the norm in those circle that the kids of the wealthy, even when they are grown-ups keep on being funded by their parents/family.

TBH it's not that different in other wealthy circles. It's for a reason that we are talking about nespo babies. They are supposedly having hardcore careers yet are spending their time flying around the world to go on vacation. I know a girl from a very wealthy family - she knows she will get a job in the family business. In the meantime she did a law degree "for the fun" and while I was studying hard, she did more intercontinental flights than me during my entire life. Plus, those people, when they study, they benefit from great accomodations, a cleaner and all those things that make your life much easier.

I think Kate and William are not that different from people in their level of wealth. It's just that there is a stronger expectation on royals than the people they are used to mingle with. It also probably explains why Harry is so tone-deaf. He only knows people that have the same lifestyle than him. They are maybe less posh but they are also part of a very exclusive part of society. When Harry was complaining about his dad cutting him off, it's because it's the norm in those circle that the kids of the wealthy, even when they are grown-ups keep on being funded by their parents/family.
I think it's more to do with people who are struggling right now, using food banks etc. are funding this lifestyle than anything else then when they are in front of a camera pretending there "just like us". If they were private citizens no one would bat an eyelid on how little Kate works.

On the subject of Kate - in this weeks Popbitch.....

1674209843450.png

Absolutely. Mike has been cashing in on his royal relation for decades, and is known to blab about them just enough to stay interesting in the hope to get more out of him. Additionally he is basically a shady influencer. So yeah…. no brownie points for Anne’s offspring. I think out of all Beatrice is the only one working a somewhat real job since 2017. Peter Philips company is a joke and heavily relying on his connections. Eugenie might be another contender for actually working a real job. And it seems both women have stopped to take off more days than actually work. But who knows. At this point Beatrice is the only one not living on a royal property- but fear not, she and Edit purchased a £3.5 million manor home in 2021. Oh how the other 1% live.
What jobs do Eugenie and Beatrice do?

I think it's more to do with people who are struggling right now, using food banks etc. are funding this lifestyle than anything else then when they are in front of a camera pretending there "just like us". If they were private citizens no one would bat an eyelid on how little Kate works.

View attachment 1896651
I haven’t had a popbitch this week!!!

What jobs do Eugenie and Beatrice do?

Princess Eugenie has a full-time job at Hauser & Wirth, an art venue showcasing both emerging and established artists plus modern art from around the world, and she also carries out royal engagements to support the monarch.

Princess Beatrice is the Vice President of Partnerships and Strategy at tech company Afiniti. She was previously an associate at investment firm Sandbridge Capital and before that she had a role as an intermediate coordinating producer at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

View attachment 1896651
It’s the rumour that won’t die. Is that because it’s true or because Kate and William are so boring that we want it to be true to have something of interest to talk about?

View attachment 1896651
If true, is there anything either of them agreed with? So many stories of X family member did this and it was wrong because we would have done it this way. I’m expecting at some point for Harry to tell us how he would have negotiated the perfect Brexit package.

Neither the HRH nor the working royal status does determine how much security you get though. For PA it’s all about ego. I do wonder if he still thinks he is innocent or just doesn’t care or does want it back because not using it implies a guilt he never accepted.
I think Chelsea gets judged quite harshly. I don’t care if she loves to party. The woman has three university degrees under her belt. Gemmology, an LLB from Leeds and a Bachelor in Economics from UCT. She is now head of her own jewellery brand and travel agency. No idea if those business are successful or just for fun, but hey if she is living her best life so what.
How big is Harrys todger that he’s able to continually bag such intelligent women?

Last edited:
  • Haha

View attachment 1896651
What’s the ‘rural rivalry’?

Isn't that referring to Rose Hanbury supposedly having an affair with William? Giles Coren who was at SoHo House Amsterdam with Harry and Meghan started that rumor - I'm open believing William 100% cheats and has cheated in the past, they had so many break ups - but it seems too convenient. Kate told Chelsy to look the other way while Harry cheated.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Really?! How little self respect must you have to accept someone constantly cheating and then give that as advice?!
She is well determined to be Queen so he can do what he likes she will be the top dog one day the others will be nobodies.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.