The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really?! How little self respect must you have to accept someone constantly cheating and then give that as advice?!
She did/ does it, so she probably thinks it's a price worth paying for being a member of the RF. The Queen also did it with Philip, letting him have his dalliances for the sake of a stable marriage. It's probably why they were so shocked that Diana didn't put up and shut up. Kate knows what's expected of her.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
She did/ does it, so she probably thinks it's a price worth paying for being a member of the RF.
Not even for the Queen Mary Tiara.

Not only is your every move, utterance, hat and leg cross dissected by the media, counting who you can really trust wouldn’t trouble the fingers of both hands you’re also expected not to make a fuss when the one person who really should have your back flits off to exercise their droit de seigneur on a regular basis. Urgh.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The videos of Kate recoiling from Will and swiftly moving away from his touches clearly show it's not all worth it. Imagine being tied publicly to a man who even the thought of his arm around you makes you uncomfortable. I can only hope for her sake that she's got her own side action to make it bearable.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Really?! How little self respect must you have to accept someone constantly cheating and then give that as advice?!
Well Carole did keep inviting him around for dinners etc. after each break up so when your own mother is leading that example dont expect anything different

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Well Carole did keep inviting him around for dinners etc. after each break up so when your own mother is leading that example dont expect anything different
Good point, I get told off on here when I say Carol had big ambitions for Kate to marry William but I think this proves it, most Mums would advise her to ditch him Prince or no Prince but Carol was probably saying stuff along the lines of "look love he is shagging other tarts but you are his wife and you'll be the Queen the others will be nothing stick with him and look the other way"

Reactions: 8
I recall when she was pregnant with Charlotte he just ignored her when she struggled down the stairs of St Paul's. They seem in a better place now but I was horrified by seeing that, or how he just ignored her often or laughed at her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
I recall when she was pregnant with Charlotte he just ignored her when she struggled down the stairs of St Paul's. They seem in a better place now but I was horrified by seeing that, or how he just ignored her often or laughed at her.
Shows he is a nasty piece of work as well then, I read years ago that his Uncle Earl Spencer used to laugh at his first wife's anorexic body.

I read years ago that his Uncle Earl Spencer used to laugh at his first wife's anorexic body.
In Charles Spencer’s wedding speech he apparently said something along the lines of “I was advised to find someone who’d stick with me through thick and thin. Those of you who know Victoria [first wife] know that she’s thick, and she certainly is thin”.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
In Charles Spencer’s wedding speech he apparently said something along the lines of “I was advised to find someone who’d stick with me through thick and thin. Those of you who know Victoria [first wife] know that she’s thick, and she certainly is thin”.
Thats the one, what a horrible horrible man, and Diana also recalled hiding behind a door and her Father hitting her mother who was crying, what a horrible family.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I remember looking at her wedding pictures and thinking how sad she looked.
He is a nasty piece of work. For all his showing off at Diana's funeral he was a crap brother to her an an absent uncle, not to mention a tit husband and father

Reactions: 19
I remember looking at her wedding pictures and thinking how sad she looked.
He is a nasty piece of work. For all his showing off at Diana's funeral he was a crap brother to her an an absent uncle, not to mention a tit husband and father
Well he loved being the centre of attention at the funeral and playing the "hero" defending his sister and protecting his nephews, I don't think they saw him after that, he p*ssed off back to S Africa.

Reactions: 15
Isn't that referring to Rose Hanbury supposedly having an affair with William? Giles Coren who was at SoHo House Amsterdam with Harry and Meghan started that rumor - I'm open believing William 100% cheats and has cheated in the past, they had so many break ups

I thought they only broke up once, when they were courting?

- but it seems too convenient. Kate told Chelsy to look the other way while Harry cheated.
Where did you see that?

Reactions: 1
They broke up several times. They were even referring to separate break-ups in their engagement interview (whoops).

At uni, they broke up once or twice (heard from people who knew them at uni that I know personally); they had others before the big break up, and after. He wouldn't commit and had a wandering eye. Remember his 'I'm FREE!' dancing on tables or groping other women's breasts drunk at pubs? Or the stories at Sandhurst how he tried to sneak women in?

A lot of this has been scrubbed. Kind of like the photos of them smoking.

I think she loves him, and he's safe with her: she has never challenged him and is completely loyal. She gave herself up - her identity and anything else she may have wanted in life - to pursue him. That's steely determination. It is why I don't see much difference in her and Meghan in that respect. They both went after their men and it worked.

They broke up several times. They were even referring to separate break-ups in their engagement interview (whoops).

At uni, they broke up once or twice (heard from people who knew them at uni that I know personally); they had others before the big break up, and after. He wouldn't commit and had a wandering eye. Remember his 'I'm FREE!' dancing on tables or groping other women's breasts drunk at pubs? Or the stories at Sandhurst how he tried to sneak women in?

A lot of this has been scrubbed. Kind of like the photos of them smoking.

I think she loves him, and he's safe with her: she has never challenged him and is completely loyal. She gave herself up - her identity and anything else she may have wanted in life - to pursue him. That's steely determination. It is why I don't see much difference in her and Meghan in that respect. They both went after their men and it worked.
Wasn’t one break up because he’d set his sights on Isabella Calthorpe (half sister of Cressida Bonas) who recoiled in horror, set him straight and back to Kate he went?

Reactions: 4
Wasn’t one break up because he’d set his sights on Isabella Calthorpe (half sister of Cressida Bonas) who recoiled in horror, set him straight and back to Kate he went?
That's one of them for sure and nobody wanted him! Nobody wanted Harry either! I think the aristocrat girls would not want these royal manchildren - why when they have their own money and lives? Heaps to lose nothing to gain.

Reactions: 6
That's one of them for sure and nobody wanted him! Nobody wanted Harry either! I think the aristocrat girls would not want these royal manchildren - why when they have their own money and lives? Heaps to lose nothing to gain.
Well, yes … I think Isabella went on to marry Sam Branson.

Same as Charles … he’d been turned down by Amanda Knatchbull and Jane Wellesley at least … with even Diana’s sister saying she wouldn’t marry him if he were a Prince or a bin man.

They certainly struggle.

I know they have broken up more than once, but I don’t recall any others than the 2004 (university) and 2007 ones. There is so much gossip out there, but quite honestly not much with any substance. Very much like the M „hazing incident“.
Long term relationships go through up and downs. That’s not really surprising. And even ONS or affairs aren’t exactly out of the ordinary. I am also not sure K has given up on her personality. What we see is a VERY curated version of her. But if she is doing things for getting the Crown than this part of her personality. Either she hides things in public or she just isn’t it. She could be an absolute badass, ruling her family and husband with an iron fist for all I know. I can absolutely see her being perfect for this because the stuff that matters to her might not be the passionate, romantic, all rosy relationship but a rational partnership, wealth, power, security, connections and all of this guaranteed for her children and children’s children. I won’t judge someone for this. I do think W chose her partly because she does fit, her family is extremely important to him and they have a common goal. If both are in agreement it’s all fine.
I do agree that the royal life does probably not have much allure if you already move in the same circles, and have a carefree life without the pressure and scrutiny.

Regarding the visits- if the Walses were smart they would be very visible without having much more on sight engagements. Those engagements need quite some planning and are a huge stress for the places that are visited as well. But carefully planned “private” outings will bring them on the first page as well. Visiting places, school run, shopping…. To balance this out, they can have their stuff pen letters to their patronages or charities, people/research groups that achieved something, which will always find their way into the public. They fail at exploiting their staff efficiently. They could appear extremely busy without actually doing much more.

Well, yes … I think Isabella went on to marry Sam Branson.

Same as Charles … he’d been turned down by Amanda Knatchbull and Jane Wellesley at least … with even Diana’s sister saying she wouldn’t marry him if he were a Prince or a bin man.

They certainly struggle.
The family seem to think they are a catch too, and can be as rigid and unwelcoming as they like and people will be so desperate to be in the Royal Family they will just put up with it. But it's not the Medieval Court anymore. Aristo girls can have their own careers or marry some other rich blokes without the hassle of trying to remember curtseying orders and pretending to care about poor people.

• Haha
. I am also not sure K has given up on her personality. What we see is a VERY curated version of her. But if she is doing things for getting the Crown than this part of her personality. Either she hides things in public or she just isn’t it. She could be an absolute badass, ruling her family and husband with an iron fist for all I know. I can absolutely see her being perfect for this because the stuff that matters to her might not be the passionate, romantic, all rosy relationship but a rational partnership, wealth, power, security, connections and all of this guaranteed for her children and children’s children. I won’t judge someone for this. I do think W chose her partly because she does fit
I think she looks like someone who just does as shes told, hence the match matchy ' I'm in Ireland I must wear green/ I'm in Jamaica I must wear green, black and gold' business and the early years stuff, where it looks like some courtiers have told her what to do and she's done it without having any say or opinion as to what she wants to do. I do agree she is perfect for the Royals and William in that respect though and if they are both happy and it's what they want it's up to them. I would be extremely surprised if they split up.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.