Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lammington

VIP Member
I am interested to see if the "personality" of the royal family changes with Charles in charge. Once the melodrama has passed, I'm intrigued to see if he'll be able to push through and reduce the key roles, and if with that would come softening or hardening of the personas.

I suppose if nothing else, we should see a slimmed royal family by natural attrition - Andrew's not welcomed by the public, Harry's not a working royal or in the country, and neither the kids of Anne nor Edward are HRH. If Harry's kids don't get HRH titles that will limit the newest generation solely to the children of the heir with HRH titles.

Reactions: 2

Eirawen

VIP Member
Indeed, Mike Middleton's grandmother was an aristocrat but his wife Carol was not. Her mother was working class, even though her nickname was duchess, she actually lived in a council flat.
Just before Kate married William there was aTV programme aired about Carol's gily who were v ordinary
It looked as if Carol had disowned them since getting married and mixing in higher circles.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I think Kate has a steely edge that she keeps well hidden.

During the jubilee church service that H&M attended, she looked liked a cat on hot bricks. Something had spooked her - possibly the Cali 2 being in the room.

The rest of the jubilee, without H&M, she seemed fine.

And when there was the walkabout after granny died. Jings, she looked liked she was firing lasers from her eyes and it was Meg who looked terrified. Possibly because by then she was Princess of Wales.

Technically when William and Harry were grandchildren of the Queen, it was a more level playing field. But after she passed, it was confirmed that Big Willy was the Head honcho and Ginger was the also ran.

Plus I might be wrong, but do other members of RF now have to curtesy to Kate as POW??? That's a power play in itself.
The ones she outrank by virtue of being married to William (the Heir) always did. if William was present.
technically, if Anne, Beatrice and Eugenie were present with Kate on her own, then she curtesy’s to them as blood princesses (so throw Charlotte into that mix as well).
All Kate’s styling and honourifics come from being an extension of William and his presence.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Well they definitely shouldn't put out a statement or get one of their mouthpieces to say something, but they will be asked about it somerime and then they should laugh it off.
The should just say that ‘they know they’ve arrived now’.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Shes supposed to be her stylist
I was right - am aide who became her stylist....

I think she looks lovely most of the time with the odd horror like last night. I do think that outfits that would look absolutely terrible on someone else don't look as bad on her because of her figure if that makes sense. Last night's outfit could have looked even worse on someone else that wasn't as tall or slim.
I have a bit of sympathy with her on the personal style front because I also have no sense of personal style and I just like plain simple classic clothes. I could definitely be accused of being boring or having a boring wardrobe. It didn't mean that I don't know who I am as a person.
If she just had boring style I don't think she'd try and be "fashionable" like with the gloves or those horrific Erdem dresses she wore for a while which is why I think she has no clue who she is. If she was boring she wouldn't wear them at all.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
This is why TRF should never apologise to H&M (not that I think they have anything to apologise for). An apology is never enough for them. Whilst Jeremy Clarkson was seriously out of order, I do think his was a genuine apology (probably after a dressing down from his daughter and girlfriend Lisa).

• Sick

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I’ve honestly found that a lot of Americans think the crown is a documentary. I don’t even mean in like a supporting Harry and Meghan way but in a general knowledge way I.E someone said to me oh the queen liked to do *insert thing here* and then quoted the crown as proof it happened

people have been using the “crown” as their source on here too 😂😂

DarnIt

VIP Member
I don't watch her. But I think it's been playing on my mind, the feeling that things are going to be happening in the next few months in the world and with the Royals.
I know! I know! Things happen in the world. What the heck is up with me?🤷😄
We are living in verrry interesting times, the past few years have been tumult & turmoil.
Who knows what the coming months will bring, hopefully some peace & normality….

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’ve seen the Swedish RF wear their national dress to certain events which is quite cool:
View attachment 1886684
In Monaco Gabriella and Jacques have worn their national dress too
View attachment 1886687
It’s interesting what you said about designers take on national dress - I think that’s a really cool idea. I know it’s not coronation worthy but I’ve seen a few German designers who have created formal dirndl wear and it looks really nice!
View attachment 1886694View attachment 1886695View attachment 1886696View attachment 1886698
We don’t have a National dress, do we? 🤔

Spid

VIP Member

I feel like I should appreciate that he speaks openly about mental health but I've thought for quite some time that James Middleton comes across very badly. This validates my instincts there. I can't abide the "do as I say not what I do" crowd but it's even worse when the person is what appears to be a spoilt loser.

I feel terrible for those who get stiffed every time yet another one of his businesses goes tits up now that they've got to see him living it large in a posh house he should absolutely not have.
Wonder who chipped in, uncle Gary or his parents? He can't have much personal money considering every single one of his businesses failed

Falkor

VIP Member
I just don’t see how this can translate to actual change and improvement, it seems like it might be needed at a government level? She could bring out ‘baby boxes’ (like in Norway) in the poorest parts of the country and include babygrows, east recipes to make when you lack time, vouchers for supermarkets etc.
Scotland already does baby boxes, she probably needs something that can go nationwide.

TYL159

Chatty Member
Absolute balls.
I know it was a few months ago but have you already forgotten the complete shambles of the Truss/Kwarteng budget? Are you so silly that you’re going to blame skyrocketing mortgages, plummeting pensions and a cost to this country of £30 BILLION on someone other than the current appalling government?
I suppose you think Brexit (current cost to the economy of 4% lower GDP - £100billion in output per year ) was a jolly good idea and hasn’t tanked this country’s economy and reputation at all. 🙄
Inflation was just 4.8% in the UK in December 2021 before Putin invaded Ukraine. By August 2022 inflation was 10% after Putin's invasion, well before the Truss budget in the autumn.

Yes the Truss budget pushed up mortgage rates but again that was nothing to do with the royals, indeed Truss in her younger days was a republican as well as a LD.

I voted Remain but the low earners who voted for Brexit with pensioners have seen their wages rise faster than average

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
She says her friendship group were talking about it and people from that time but does she run in aristo circles? She’s a digger right?