The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was it last years BAFTAs where Kate wore that stunning gold dress?
That dress was perfection. She seldom looks bad but often her dresses are nice but a little bit boring. Love when she shows up in something really special

Reactions: 9
I find it interesting that Peter Townsend had a daughter that to me looks similar to Princess Margaret. If someone said she was Princess Margret and Peter Townsend’s daughter I would believe them.
0EFCF609-C97B-4577-9C47-57CF13D320CC.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I find it interesting that Peter Townsend had a daughter that to me looks similar to Princess Margaret. If someone said she was Princess Margret and Peter Townsend’s daughter I would believe them.
View attachment 1950770

Breathtaking. Absolute stunner. And this was the world before botox, fillers, nose tweaks, so she was all natural.

I googled the mother who doesn’t look unlike Margaret? Townsend has a type, lol

Reactions: 5
I was rewatching the crown recently as I had covid and alot of time to kill.

And Peter Townsend was really a bit of a pervert wasn't he.
I mean she was like 14 when they meet, 17 when they started spending time together alone...

And then he goes and marries a 19/20yr old afterwards?

I mean, nowadays we'd raise eyebrows..
Look at Leo d and him being linked to the 19yr old.

Reactions: 8
By, they’re making them work.
they’ll be needing a hollibobs soon ;)
With all the recent engagements I'm amazed she isn't in mustique right now... Although I get the feeling the BAFTAs are the right amount of glamour for her....

Reactions: 3
I was rewatching the crown recently as I had covid and alot of time to kill.

And Peter Townsend was really a bit of a pervert wasn't he.
I mean she was like 14 when they meet, 17 when they started spending time together alone...

And then he goes and marries a 19/20yr old afterwards?

I mean, nowadays we'd raise eyebrows..
Look at Leo d and him being linked to the 19yr old.
Wasn’t the queen 13 or so when she met Philip, who was 18?
Was he a pervert as well?

Reactions: 2
Wasn’t the queen 13 or so when she met Philip, who was 18?
Was he a pervert as well?
I was shocked by that in the crown. I didn't realise they were related either. I suppose there was only a 5 year age difference so it was fine by the time they actually got together. Peter Townsend was way older I think?

Reactions: 1
I was shocked by that in the crown. I didn't realise they were related either. I suppose there was only a 5 year age difference so it was fine by the time they actually got together. Peter Townsend was way older I think?
16 years older

There's been a lot of engagements since Christmas hasn't there, wonder is it always busy this time of year or have things stepped up a bit compared to previous years?

Good God, yes, he definitely was! Doesn’t everyone know he was? Hardly a secret. A lifelong dirty old man

I’m still not sure which part of the PENNY BRABOURNE saga to believe.

Was said she was either his lover (established long term mistress accepted by Queen) or his secret daughter/love child.

Hence the only outsider invited to the funeral by the Family.

Reactions: 1
They only met. Not jump between the sheets.
Unless you were there you can’t possibly know that.

“They first met at Britannia Royal Naval College in 1939, where an 18-year-old cadet Philip was introduced to a 13-year-old Princess Elizabeth of England while she was touring the grounds. From then, it’s said, the young royal never thought of anybody else. The two began to exchange letters throughout the war years.”

So what was an 18 year old naval cadet writing to a 13 year old GIRL about? The weather?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Unless you were there you can’t possibly know that.

“They first met at Britannia Royal Naval College in 1939, where an 18-year-old cadet Philip was introduced to a 13-year-old Princess Elizabeth of England while she was touring the grounds. From then, it’s said, the young royal never thought of anybody else. The two began to exchange letters throughout the war years.”

So what was an 18 year old naval cadet writing to a 13 year old GIRL about? The weather?
Honestly, back then? And knowing she was going to be the Queen one day? Probably. His letters to her would have been opened and read before they were given to her, ditto hers back to him would have been read for suitable content before being sent out. My mother is a bit younger than the Queen, she was born in 1939, but she tells me that when she was 14 or 15 she used to have an 18-year-old boyfriend who would come and take her out of her boarding school on Saturdays to go to the cinema, and this was seen as perfectly fine. She can be extremely open about her past with a glass or two of wine inside her (sometimes too open, I once lost a game of 'daftest place you've had sex' with her when I couldn't beat on top of Cheddar Gorge after a cider festival), but one thing she's always been adamant about is that she was a virgin when she got married at 21, despite four boyfriends beforehand, and I believe her.

Reactions: 14
Honestly, back then? And knowing she was going to be the Queen one day? Probably. His letters to her would have been opened and read before they were given to her, ditto hers back to him would have been read for suitable content before being sent out. My mother is a bit younger than the Queen, she was born in 1939, but she tells me that when she was 14 or 15 she used to have an 18-year-old boyfriend who would come and take her out of her boarding school on Saturdays to go to the cinema, and this was seen as perfectly fine. She can be extremely open about her past with a glass or two of wine inside her (sometimes too open, I once lost a game of 'daftest place you've had sex' with her when I couldn't beat on top of Cheddar Gorge after a cider festival), but one thing she's always been adamant about is that she was a virgin when she got married at 21, despite four boyfriends beforehand, and I believe her.
This sounds like an afternoon with my Aged Relatives and the Emva cream. Cousins and I just gave up and just said ‘you win’ to everything. My 90+ year old aunt who is an accomplished flirt still loves embarrassing my cousin whenever possible.
(My mum was 13 and Dad 16 when they met. I’ve seen some of their letters. They revolve mainly around what was on at the pictures and family news)

Hmm 13 and 18 is a bit off. But only 5 years, thats not too unusual. She had a crush, they wrote letters, I wonder when it turned romantic.

Peter t was 16yrs older. That's quite a jump.
And at 17 they were spending hours together alone in south Africa.

I was just really grossed out then he married the 19yr old, he'd have been 20+ years older.

They make out like it was princess margarets great love affair but I was like...

Or was he just grooming teenagers.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.