The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right - they would look ridiculous to go to the coronation sans official excuses. With all their accusations, it might be hard to then just go like everything is good.

Harry talks about how his emotional state has never been taken into account, yet he requested a meeting with Charles was burying his father, created a crisis while Charles' mother was on her deathbed and is putting a huge pressure on his father just months before the biggest event of his life - embarassing him in front of the whole world. People will remember that the year of Charles' coronation was also the year his own son was airing the rf's dirty laundry and talking about his penis. What a lovely son.
After the initial "racism" accusation and releasing shady statements over several months, they still had the gall to come to the Jubilee, and after getting booed on the steps of St Paul's released a pic of Lili to deflect.

They have no dignity, no self-awareness and no shame, so they'll have no problem showing up if invited, with him red-faced and angry as usual and Meghan more orange than ever while fake-grinning from ear to ear like a lunatic.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Right - they would look ridiculous to go to the coronation sans official excuses. With all their accusations, it might be hard to then just go like everything is good.
I think they really want to the RF to make some kind of gesture that they can spin into an apology.
I think they have the nerve to just turn up anyway even if the RF don't do anything. Harry just needs to say he wants to see if they can reconcile while he's there and then he can go back after and talk about how mean they all were to him like the day the Queen died. They have no problem doing a 180 to suit themselves like they did with the racism claims.

Reactions: 3
They’ll be invited as a show of goodwill but kept away from the immediate family / seated as far behind anyone of importance. Harry is still the King’s son but he can’t be trusted and they don’t trust them enough to include them in anything of meaning

Reactions: 4
I am absolutely in favour in putting a damn tiara on every eligible head. Can you imagine? Anna, Sophie, Kate, Camilla, Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara, Louise…. maybe a tiny one for Charlotte? And then the ones further down the line - cousins and aristocrats that have their own family tiaras. And the royal guests from other countries….. We deserve this!!!!
https://images.app.goo.gl/EZfaMoD7XQX3egNR8
Lets dig this out for Charlotte!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
What is the dress code for the coronation, for the ladies this is. At the last one a lot were wearing traditional dresses from their country or grand gowns with tiaras - are we going to see that again this time? Because they aren’t going to do a cut price coronation but I’ll be pissed if I’m denied the spectacle of beautiful dresses and jewellery.
I could be wrong but I *think* tiaras should only be worn in the evening, after 6pm is ringing a bell so, if I’m correct, then they’d not be worn during a daytime coronation but probably would for the evening state banquet (if there is one).

Reactions: 8
I could be wrong but I *think* tiaras should only be worn in the evening, after 6pm is ringing a bell so, if I’m correct, then they’d not be worn during a daytime coronation but probably would for the evening state banquet (if there is one).
After 5pm I believe.

I don't think we'll be seeing full glam for the coronation. I could be wrong, as the current cost of living crisis obviously doesn't impact the guests, but I feel like the age and personality of Charles will lead to a less glittering affair.

Reactions: 7
he's donating a tiny percentage to charity. Better than nothing but he'll certainly be making £££ from it himself
That whole thing is laughable. He received a £20 million advance. None of that is going to charity.

Reactions: 8
After 5pm I believe.

I don't think we'll be seeing full glam for the coronation. I could be wrong, as the current cost of living crisis obviously doesn't impact the guests, but I feel like the age and personality of Charles will lead to a less glittering affair.
I think it will be like a royal wedding. Hats and smarts outfits rather than tiaras. But who knows??

Reactions: 4
I think it will be like a royal wedding. Hats and smarts outfits rather than tiaras. But who knows??
That would be a bit pointless and not as interesting in my view. The whole point of royalty is the pomp, ceremony and crowns. Thanks to Harry we now know their personal beef with each other is like our families, they need something to mark them out as different otherwise what’s the point?!
Bring on the bling!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m bored of hats. I want to see the bling. What is the point of having it f you’re not going to wear it

Reactions: 23
I’m bored of hats. I want to see the bling. What is the point of having it f you’re not going to wear it
Exactly. Bring out the tiaras especially the ones that haven't been out in a while. We only ever see them at weddings. I know they wear them to state dinners but we only see pictures of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Exactly. Bring out the tiaras especially the ones that haven't been out in a while. We only ever see them at weddings. I know they wear them to state dinners but we only see pictures of those.
I hope Catherine gets to wear a new (to her) tiara...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I hope Catherine gets to wear a new (to her) tiara...
This is one of my favourites she's worn but I'm sure she'll wear something grander that she's not worn before. & I hope she wears gold again. ✨

-Packham-Elodie-Gown-Lotus-Flower-Tiara-Dec-6-2022.jpg

Reactions: 10
Agreed. It would be lovely. But looking at the photos of other coronations that have taken place recently, the trend seems to be towards wedding style outfits.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
he went to a polo tournament last year on Archie's birthday
Damn really? I’ve seen Sussex fans screaming about William missing Charlottes first Easter before, never seen a mention of this

I am absolutely in favour in putting a damn tiara on every eligible head. Can you imagine? Anna, Sophie, Kate, Camilla, Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara, Louise…. maybe a tiny one for Charlotte? And then the ones further down the line - cousins and aristocrats that have their own family tiaras. And the royal guests from other countries….. We deserve this!!!!
I literally don’t care how many headlines or tweets I have to see about how the country is suffering blah blah if it means I see this level of variety in tiaras. I saw an exhibit at Kensington Palace a couple of years ago with several tiaras on display and it’s honestly a crime that Kate continues to wear the same dusty pearls for every event.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Agreed. It would be lovely. But looking at the photos of other coronations that have taken place recently, the trend seems to be towards wedding style outfits.
Only the British monarch has an actual coronation. The other events aren't really coronations in the sense - inaugurations and more government events rather than a religious service with bling and prayer.

it’s honestly a crime that Kate continues to wear the same dusty pearls for every event.
I think they may have a plan regarding which tiaras she will wear once she is queen (consort). They need to keep something fantastic back so that she can bring out more sparkle. Some tiaras that Camilla wears are way too big and wide for Kate's hairstyles. That rules those out for later use... The girls of great Britain and Ireland looks too much like a crown, she probably cannot wear this one yet.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.