The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that Harry and Meghan don't have much of a commercial future without the RF but they can't have a commercial future within the RF so what do they do....
Their Netflix documentary about leadership seems to have flopped. It's not the kind of content that has a wide appeal anyway and it's shown that their name alone isn't enough to draw an audience. People only watch when they're talking about the RF. What are Harry and Meghan going to do if they have to move on from complaining about his family?
I think Harry promoting therapy is perhaps not the way to go now. 🤔 He is however a good advertisement for not taking drugs and being a class clown, as it could turn you into a paranoid cockwomble like him. Although I’m not sure that could be turned into a money maker for H&M but never say never!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I agree that Harry and Meghan don't have much of a commercial future without the RF but they can't have a commercial future within the RF so what do they do....
Their Netflix documentary about leadership seems to have flopped. It's not the kind of content that has a wide appeal anyway and it's shown that their name alone isn't enough to draw an audience. People only watch when they're talking about the RF. What are Harry and Meghan going to do if they have to move on from complaining about his family?
They will have to live on Harry's inheritances. They could downsize and get someone to do some proper investments. Of course they should have done that in the first place. Harry is stupid if he thinks he is going to get an apology out of this. More than likely his children will be stripped of their HRH and his brother will never talk to him again.

Reactions: 9
What are the opinions of them following the book release in the USA? I can’t seem to find any articles on this

he's donating a tiny percentage to charity. Better than nothing but he'll certainly be making £££ from it himself
For such self proclaimed philanthropists and humanitarians, they sure do live by the mantra “charity begins at home.” 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't want them at the coronation, as much as I love celeb gossip and dissecting behaviour, it should be a "don't rain on my parade day", the focus should be on Charles and the ceremony. The day, although of personal importance to the royal family, is a state occasion, it is a ceremony of the duty to his people. (And i say this as a non royalist!)

Also i dont want the BBC filling in silence with H&M narrative, nor hear if the children are with their grandmother in Montecito (the living one not the saintly floating ghost grannie). I don't want to see headlines showing h&m standing "frostily" next to w&k, or h&m extending any "olive branches" blah blah blah!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
What are the opinions of them following the book release in the USA? I can’t seem to find any articles on this
All I've read is that there has been the biggest ever reserves list for it in the New York Central Library. Not sure about sales.

Reactions: 3
On a more serious note than my last comment, there are many things Harry could have done with the amount of money he already had. Invest wisely, develop his/their own brand in the US, I’m sure his father could/would have even helped him with that, (many youngsters have been helped by The Prince’s Trust charity) but that would take hard work/dedication and I don’t believe he has that in him, even more so after his book. He just wants to make as much money as he can, as fast and easily as possible, which is what’s he’s done.

I don't want them at the coronation, as much as I love celeb gossip and dissecting behaviour, but it should be a "don't rain on my parade day", the focus should be on Charles and the ceremony. Also the day, although of personal importance to the royal family, is a state occasion, it is a ceremony of the duty to his people. (And i say this as a non royalist!)

Also i dont want the BBC filling in silence with H&M narrative, nor hear if the children are with their grandmother in Montecito (the living one not the saintly floating ghost grannie). I don't want to see headlines showing h&m standing "frostily" next to w&k, or h&m extending any "olive branches" blah blah blah!
I agree, I’m also sick of this ‘rewarding’ of bad behaviour that now seems to be a thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
They could be a self proclaimed royal correspondent based in the US of A.
I think they'd quite enjoy analysing that days outfits/where the Royals are visiting etc etc. Meghan could insert her own brand of venom under the conversation and Haz could whinge on about what he had to suffer when he was in the Royal Family and playing 3rd wheel etc etc.😁😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
They could be a self proclaimed royal correspondent based in the US of A.
I think they'd quite enjoy analysing that days outfits/where the Royals are visiting etc etc. Meghan could insert her own brand of venom under the conversation and Haz could whinge on about what he had to suffer when he was in the Royal Family and playing 3rd wheel etc etc.😁😂
I think they'd see that as beneath them! It would be hilarious though!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They will have to live on Harry's inheritances. They could downsize and get someone to do some proper investments. Of course they should have done that in the first place. Harry is stupid if he thinks he is going to get an apology out of this. More than likely his children will be stripped of their HRH and his brother will never talk to him again.
Harry shows a remarkably poor understanding of how the RF works for someone who grew up inside it. What he wants and what they're able to give him are miles and miles apart and he just can't seem to see it.
I hope the issue of their attendance is clarified well before the coronation. I presume they'll still be invited and they'll be trying to put the pressure on the RF to apologise or make some kind of concession before they agree to come.

Reactions: 15
God, imagine them at the coronation - Kate would not want to share mascara with Meghan or something, and Harry'd run off and witch about it in another book.

I'm excited to see how the coronation goes. It's been quite the year for royal happenings, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't engaged and lapping it up. I think because of the cost of living crisis we might not get as lavish of an affair as it could be?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What is the dress code for the coronation, for the ladies this is. At the last one a lot were wearing traditional dresses from their country or grand gowns with tiaras - are we going to see that again this time? Because they aren’t going to do a cut price coronation but I’ll be pissed if I’m denied the spectacle of beautiful dresses and jewellery.

Reactions: 10
What is the dress code for the coronation, for the ladies this is. At the last one a lot were wearing traditional dresses from their country or grand gowns with tiaras - are we going to see that again this time? Because they aren’t going to do a cut price coronation but I’ll be pissed if I’m denied the spectacle of beautiful dresses and jewellery.
I hope they go all out with the glam too. They already have the jewels so they may as well wear them!

Reactions: 12
For reference this is a good photo of some of the guests.
055CDB1D-0403-4150-A2DC-ADA6BEECC4C6.jpeg

Distinguished guests sit in the Abbey. The front row included Mr Malik, Soviet Ambassador, Prince and Princess Himalaya of Nepal, Crown Prince Akihito of Japan, and Emir Abdul Illah of Irak. Mr St.Laurent, Prime Minister of Canada and his wife,Mr Holland, Prime Minister of New Zealand and his wife, Mr Nehru Indian Prime Minister and his daughter were among those in the second and third rows.

Reactions: 6
It’s got to be at least like a full state banquet surely. All the crowns, jewels and glamorous frocks on display. You can’t be overdressed for such an occasion!

Reactions: 11
The Monegasque coronation of Albert in 2005 wasn’t as glamorous as I would have hoped:
DB6F1BAD-91CF-4120-84AA-42E4A15D9D3D.jpeg
C327D279-B44E-46F7-AC6A-D545CC7A47A3.jpeg
5E344771-2217-4D62-B4DE-D9B1BA1DDFD0.jpeg

The coronation of Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands in 2013 was better but still not glam tiaras on the guests.
06EF7FA7-747B-4434-85A4-E3EFFBE65A72.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Harry shows a remarkably poor understanding of how the RF works for someone who grew up inside it. What he wants and what they're able to give him are miles and miles apart and he just can't seem to see it.
I hope the issue of their attendance is clarified well before the coronation. I presume they'll still be invited and they'll be trying to put the pressure on the RF to apologise or make some kind of concession before they agree to come.
Right - they would look ridiculous to go to the coronation sans official excuses. With all their accusations, it might be hard to then just go like everything is good.

Harry talks about how his emotional state has never been taken into account, yet he requested a meeting with Charles was burying his father, created a crisis while Charles' mother was on her deathbed and is putting a huge pressure on his father just months before the biggest event of his life - embarassing him in front of the whole world. People will remember that the year of Charles' coronation was also the year his own son was airing the rf's dirty laundry and talking about his penis. What a lovely son.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
I am absolutely in favour in putting a damn tiara on every eligible head. Can you imagine? Anna, Sophie, Kate, Camilla, Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara, Louise…. maybe a tiny one for Charlotte? And then the ones further down the line - cousins and aristocrats that have their own family tiaras. And the royal guests from other countries….. We deserve this!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.