The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to really like Mike Tindall but it feels like ever since the Queen died, the lid has been lifted in terms of sponsorships etc. I've no issue with his rugby podcast but I'm a celeb and dominos adverts feel like a royal cash in. I get that they have to find a way to make money but to be fair to them, you don't see Eugenie and Beatrice doing sponsored posts on Insta

Reactions: 13
Unseemly snigger
I had to Google and yeah...

---

I used to really like Mike Tindall but it feels like ever since the Queen died, the lid has been lifted in terms of sponsorships etc. I've no issue with his rugby podcast but I'm a celeb and dominos adverts feel like a royal cash in. I get that they have to find a way to make money but to be fair to them, you don't see Eugenie and Beatrice doing sponsored posts on Insta
I agree the rugby stuff, fine, it's his background and has largely been his career. The rest? Whatever about TQ I would have loved to have heard Phil's thoughts on the matter🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Mike tindall isn't a royal so there's no reason for anyone to stop him being on reality shows and doing ads.
They don't receive any tax payers money or do royal engagements.

Reactions: 6
Mike tindall isn't a royal so there's no reason for anyone to stop him being on reality shows and doing ads.
They don't receive any tax payers money or do royal engagements.
He's married to one so he is part of the Royal Family.

I don't think anyone would complain if it was rugby related but doing domino's ads cashing in on your royal connection is tacky

Reactions: 12
He's married to one so he is part of the Royal Family.

I don't think anyone would complain if it was rugby related but doing domino's ads cashing in on your royal connection is tacky
Peter Phillips flogging milk (I think it was) in China was tacky too

Peter Phillips flogging milk (I think it was) in China was tacky too
I couldn't understand that. Do the Chinese know who he is?

I think Mike Tindall had enough of a profile to be chosen for I'm a Celebrity without the royal connection and he didn't mention them too much while he was out there to be fair. The royal connection definitely boosts his overall profile though and he definitely takes advantage of it. I don't think he should have to stay out of the limelight just because he's married to Zara but he could stay away from things like gambling ads etc. He's not stuck for money and I don't think advertising gambling is a great look for anyone, royal or not. He seems to be cashing in more since the Queen died.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I couldn't understand that. Do the Chinese know who he is?

I think Mike Tindall had enough of a profile to be chosen for I'm a Celebrity without the royal connection and he didn't mention them too much while he was out there to be fair. The royal connection definitely boosts his overall profile though and he definitely takes advantage of it. I don't think he should have to stay out of the limelight just because he's married to Zara but he could stay away from things like gambling ads etc. He's not stuck for money and I don't think advertising gambling is a great look for anyone, royal or not. He seems to be cashing in more since the Queen died.
I think the big thing for me is that it definitely seems to be more of a thing since the Queen died and his royal connections are a big boost to his profile. I did appreciate that he didn't speak about the royals hardly at all in the jungle and when he was asked you got the sense he tried to shut the conversation down pretty quickly.

I don't know, I get that Peter, Zara and Mike all have to make a living, but there are ways they could do so without cashing in on the royal connections. Zara could do plenty of work in the equestrian field, Mike rugby and Peter? Well I'm not entirely sure what he's ever done but I'm sure he could find something that wasn't selling milk to the chinese. It will be interesting to see how things change now that it's their Uncle in charge, not their Granny. Although from what I've read Zara and Charles have always been close so he may have more problems with the Yorks than the Phillips side.

Reactions: 1
I think the big thing for me is that it definitely seems to be more of a thing since the Queen died and his royal connections are a big boost to his profile. I did appreciate that he didn't speak about the royals hardly at all in the jungle and when he was asked you got the sense he tried to shut the conversation down pretty quickly.

I don't know, I get that Peter, Zara and Mike all have to make a living, but there are ways they could do so without cashing in on the royal connections. Zara could do plenty of work in the equestrian field, Mike rugby and Peter? Well I'm not entirely sure what he's ever done but I'm sure he could find something that wasn't selling milk to the chinese. It will be interesting to see how things change now that it's their Uncle in charge, not their Granny. Although from what I've read Zara and Charles have always been close so he may have more problems with the Yorks than the Phillips side.
I was going to say I wonder if the fact with the death of The Queen they have officially moved to more of a subsidiary arm of the family tree rather than the direct line will made a difference.

I get the impression that the likes of Zara/Mike and Peter are well set up anyway, whether they shill milk or betting or not. They have property, investments and sponsorships and will be just as likely to get inheritances in wills as any of their other cousins. They don’t need to eat a plate of bugs to pay the school fees.

Reactions: 5
I was going to say I wonder if the fact with the death of The Queen they have officially moved to more of a subsidiary arm of the family tree rather than the direct line will made a difference.

I get the impression that the likes of Zara/Mike and Peter are well set up anyway, whether they shill milk or betting or not. They have property, investments and sponsorships and will be just as likely to get inheritances in wills as any of their other cousins. They don’t need to eat a plate of bugs to pay the school fees.
Most people just like to have more money though, which would be the main incentive for Peter, but for Mike he might just have wanted to do I’m a Celeb for a once in a lifetime experience. If someone started telling them what they can and can’t do it pushes them down the road of agreeing with Harry and Meghan that everything they did was controlled. Reminds me a bit of Princess Margaret’s children selling off her stuff to raise some money and they got hell from The Queen. They raise them in the most luxurious lifestyle, then tell them they won’t provide them with any money or support as an adult, but still have a problem with them when they go out to earn something themselves.

Reactions: 4
Most people just like to have more money though, which would be the main incentive for Peter, but for Mike he might just have wanted to do I’m a Celeb for a once in a lifetime experience. If someone started telling them what they can and can’t do it pushes them down the road of agreeing with Harry and Meghan that everything they did was controlled. Reminds me a bit of Princess Margaret’s children selling off her stuff to raise some money and they got hell from The Queen. They raise them in the most luxurious lifestyle, then tell them they won’t provide them with any money or support as an adult, but still have a problem with them when they go out to earn something themselves.
I think if that was the case he'd do it off his own bat and pay for it or work it into a documentary of some sort. I do think the palace (or at least the queen) had some control over what they did or didn't do - whether it was explicitly said or not.

I see Kate is putting in another shift today for her Early Childhood project. With all these engagements she'll be in Mustique by the end of the week....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think if that was the case he'd do it off his own bat and pay for it or work it into a documentary of some sort. I do think the palace (or at least the queen) had some control over what they did or didn't do - whether it was explicitly said or not.

I see Kate is putting in another shift today for her Early Childhood project. With all these engagements she'll be in Mustique by the end of the week....
Yes she will and will need a spa, massage and probably Oxygen to heal her exhausted mind and body.

• Haha

Why would he do that? He’s not a documentary maker and taking part in a reality show for fun with tasks and making friends isn’t remotely the same. A lot of celebrities want to do strictly but they’re not gonna pay out of pocket to learn ballroom dancing.

Why would he do that? He’s not a documentary maker and taking part in a reality show for fun with tasks and making friends isn’t remotely the same. A lot of celebrities want to do strictly but they’re not gonna pay out of pocket to learn ballroom dancing.
I thought he was okay on Im a celebrity, I preferred him way more than the Hancock man, and he didn't say anything inappropriate about the Royals. He would have gone on that on the strenghth of his rugby career anyway.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree and I do feel this generation of royal cousins, Zara, Beatrice etc, have been struck by bad timing. They were brought up as Grandchildren of the monarch with parents as working royals and whilst Anne may have refused titles, probably not much expectation for them to go out and earn a living. That has of course now changed.

Obviously there's no real comparison to the next generation as Archie and Lili are over in the states and will never be connected in the same way to the royal family, they probably won't even know them. I think the best comparison is Louise and James who are younger than their cousins and I think Sophie herself has said that they have brought them up with the expectation to get a job and earn a living. Although I think the family benefits from the fact that both seem pretty shy and reserved and like they have no interest in courting fame and promoting dominos pizza. Perhaps if they were more outgoing/interested in that they may pose a problem and start doing ads for Hello Fresh on Instagram. But again, I guess you could argue that goes back to how they've been brought up.

This is the most bizarre and bonkers thing I have ever read! There's a H&M fanatic (to put it mildly)!! on Tiktok who is convinced the episode in The Crown called "Salad Days" is so-called because Camilla used to make a salad dressing for Charles and Andrew when they were on their gap year!!!! It was then sold in supermarkets in the 70's and 80's. 😳😳
What are these people on that make them believe such nonsense!!

• Haha
This is the most bizarre and bonkers thing I have ever read! There's a H&M fanatic (to put it mildly)!! on Tiktok who is convinced the episode in The Crown called "Salad Days" is so-called because Camilla used to make a salad dressing for Charles and Andrew when they were on their gap year!!!! It was then sold in supermarkets in the 70's and 80's. 😳😳
What are these people on that make them believe such nonsense!!
Honestly, that is mild compared to some of the craziness on Twitter and TikTok. Stan culture is mental.

France has about the same population as us and also has big inaugurations now with ceremonies at the Elysee Palace, military parades etc. Though admittedly not all European royals have coronations now but accession ceremonies. The Japanese and Thai, Tongan, Jordanian and Zulu royals still have coronations though

I think Charles is going to wish Harry was still spouting nonsense about his knob rather what Andrew is about to unleash ....

After the coronation I expect Charles will formally remove HRHs from non working royals ie Andrew as well as Harry

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.