The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I remember this. I think with Andrew it is all about status. Didn't he use the phrase ' Blood Princeses' to justify the security? Sounds like he also used it to justify why his daughters needed protecting from some vague theoretical threat but other people's daughters didn't deserve protecting from him and his mates.
He's revolting. Even if you believe what he says about only being friends with Epstein and not knowing about any of the shady stuff (which I don't btw) then he still brought a paedophile and his procurer back to his mother's royal palace and let them sit on her throne. Most people would so embarrassed about that alone that they would stop forcing themselves in a public that doesn't want him. Charles messed up when he let Andrew really to church with the rest on Christmas Day. The more Andrew gets the more he will want.

Reactions: 9
I think so too. They're not making a fortune from those jobs either I presume. I think they just wanted a little part time job to keep them busy until they got married.
How much of an advantage could she be to a law firm though? If you need a lawyer you're not going to be impressed by a celeb connection surely!
I think any fancy law firm in London would get bonus points for royal connections no matter how tenuous. Even basic celebrities generate business.

Reactions: 1
Neither the HRH nor the working royal status does determine how much security you get though. For PA it’s all about ego. I do wonder if he still thinks he is innocent or just doesn’t care or does want it back because not using it implies a guilt he never accepted.
I think Chelsea gets judged quite harshly. I don’t care if she loves to party. The woman has three university degrees under her belt. Gemmology, an LLB from Leeds and a Bachelor in Economics from UCT. She is now head of her own jewellery brand and travel agency. No idea if those business are successful or just for fun, but hey if she is living her best life so what.

Reactions: 11
I think any fancy law firm in London would get bonus points for royal connections no matter how tenuous. Even basic celebrities generate business.
I can see how she might get them in the door for a pitch but would a big company really pick their law firm because she was there? I can see how she'd be an advantage to them. I just don't know if she'd be a huge advantage. If I was in trouble legally I wouldn't be impressed by a famous lawyer!

Neither the HRH nor the working royal status does determine how much security you get though.
It determines that you get offices protection and security that you don’t pay for. Andrew has always been about having a free ride.

Peter has exploited his royAl connections for money quite a bit. Zara is quite good at riding so she seems to be the only with putting really any effort into something.
Zara has also got modelling gigs due to her connections. I doubt she would have got them otherwise. I think most of them exploit it to a certain extent.

I can see how she might get them in the door for a pitch but would a big company really pick their law firm because she was there? I can see how she'd be an advantage to them. I just don't know if she'd be a huge advantage. If I was in trouble legally I wouldn't be impressed by a famous lawyer!
I'm trying to remember what I heard about this but she barely attended either college or maybe an internship but in any case her royal connections came into play at some point. Maybe it's on a very old thread

The PR machine is definitely ramped up with separate articles on engagements for William, Kate, Sophie and Anne just today

Reactions: 4
The PR machine is definitely ramped up with separate articles on engagements for William, Kate, Sophie and Anne just today
Saw on the DM and their articles are ridiculous. Saying Zara and Mike and Kate and the rest of the women are taking swipes against M&H by calling each other ‘my love’ or wearing burgundy.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Kate's been seen twice this week?😉

Saw on the DM and their articles are ridiculous. Saying Zara and Mike and Kate and the rest of the women are taking swipes against M&H by calling each other ‘my love’ or wearing burgundy.
If they are doing that they're no better than the two they're mocking

Reactions: 6
Harry’s ‘todger’ was discussed on the Gloss Angeles podcast. They had no idea what a todger was until last week (they are American). Says the Elizabeth Arden connection to Diana and then talking about his frostbitten penis was ‘weird’ and didn’t know why he shared this. 😂
A6D2C5EA-BFC1-4ED3-91E4-DA1F874F25DD.jpeg

I'm trying to remember what I heard about this but she barely attended either college or maybe an internship but in any case her royal connections came into play at some point. Maybe it's on a very old thread
Well she attended enough to graduate 🤷‍♀️
She did quit after three years after starting as a trainee solicitor at a London Law firm.
I am sure her name might have opened doors but I don’t see how having her as a solicitor pays off if she was doing a bad job. Anyhow she isn’t working in law atm but is self employed.

Kate's been seen twice this week?😉

Honestly, if it’s a frozen todger that brings them out to work more- so be it.
I really don’t think K wears burgundy to remind everyone that more than one person wore burgundy to her concert. There have been numerous occasions over the years wear the female royals in attendance wore the same colour, even the same shade and even the same as HMTQ. The same could have been said about red, several shades of blue, black and white. All colours she and HMTQ wore at the same event. There are even more if you look at her and other female royals. That’s one of those incredibly lazy tabloid articles written just because it’s easy. Like made up royal fashion protocol or another tribute to Diana because she wore colour X.

Reactions: 9
Honestly, if it’s a frozen todger that brings them out to work more- so be it.
I really don’t think K wears burgundy to remind everyone that more than one person wore burgundy to her concert. There have been numerous occasions over the years wear the female royals in attendance wore the same colour, even the same shade and even the same as HMTQ. The same could have been said about red, several shades of blue, black and white. All colours she and HMTQ wore at the same event. There are even more if you look at her and other female royals. That’s one of those incredibly lazy tabloid articles written just because it’s easy. Like made up royal fashion protocol or another tribute to Diana because she wore colour X.
Precisely

Reactions: 3
I do wonder if the penny has dropped? Being mocked by Kimmel might have not been too bad, even though the Diana bit must have burned. But the fact that most reviews in newspapers were quite mocking as well and his penis made it into a comment at the Critics Choice Award….. his Penis is dominating the whole thing. It’s funny in a way. His father will forever be known as the king who wanted to be a tampon while H will be remembered as the prince with a frost bitten penis.
Maybe the finally see the writing on the wall and drop the constant royal, woe is me content. Take a break (like two years?), regroup, strategise and bleeping finally do your own thing. M should do at least two more seasons of Archetypes. Maybe with a better name. But that was a surprisingly well made product. H should focus on getting ok, Sentebale and Invictus. Maybe produce some great screenplays with a very diverse cast and crew. You now, SUPPORT all those minorities that deserve they say they support. There are many stories out of the communities for the communities. Close the pay gap. Find unique stories, especially as all we seem to get are sequels, prequel or re-tellings. Getting them back on the high horse would actually be crazy easy.
Same is true for W&K as they have incredible momentum right now.
I really don’t get how both couples seem unable/unwilling to exploit their situations in their favour with a lasting effect.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
According to the tea spiller she wasn't doing much of any lawyering. Also see Amal Clooney whom a lot of people are impressed by and gets high profile cases for being Mrs Clooney and her firm saw a huge profit increase when she married him -- yet this "human rights lawyer" seemed to have unlimited amount of time to fly around the world with George, Cindy and Rande, & there are many other famous lawyers with varying degrees of commitment to the profession who bank on name alone.

"Wearing burgundy" that one time and "calling each other my love" =/= [insert even 1% of the things M&H have done]

Reactions: 4
I do wonder if the penny has dropped? Being mocked by Kimmel might have not been too bad, even though the Diana bit must have burned. But the fact that most reviews in newspapers were quite mocking as well and his penis made it into a comment at the Critics Choice Award….. his Penis is dominating the whole thing. It’s funny in a way. His father will forever be known as the king who wanted to be a tampon while H will be remembered as the prince with a frost bitten penis.
Maybe the finally see the writing on the wall and drop the constant royal, woe is me content. Take a break (like two years?), regroup, strategise and bleeping finally do your own thing. M should do at least two more seasons of Archetypes. Maybe with a better name. But that was a surprisingly well made product. H should focus on getting ok, Sentebale and Invictus. Maybe produce some great screenplays with a very diverse cast and crew. You now, SUPPORT all those minorities that deserve they say they support. There are many stories out of the communities for the communities. Close the pay gap. Find unique stories, especially as all we seem to get are sequels, prequel or re-tellings. Getting them back on the high horse would actually be crazy easy.
I really don’t get how both couples seem unable/unwilling to exploit their situations in their favour with a lasting effect.
Your last paragraph; good question. I think M&H are just flailing around at the moment without any idea about what to do for the best, H particularly. W&K I suspect are both afflicted with can't-be-bothereditis which is a shame. I hope they get over it pronto because you are right. They have both momentum and massive goodwill on their side.

Reactions: 3
Especially these two, I cannot for the life of me understand why they wouldn’t want to get out working more. They’re riding a high of the Harry hate train combined with the Queens death and their new titles, and Kate especially is constantly on the front pages when she actually goes out. They should be smashing out 3/4 public engagements a week atm just for the sake of meeting loads of people who’ll likely leave the engagement with a positive opinion of them and to be in the papers smiling and looking like they’re doing something.

Reactions: 5
I would be interested to see the behind the scenes of how a royal engagement is booked and approved. Presumably the various teams either approach or are approached about an engagement, consideration would be made of appropriateness and calendar bookings, approval gained from the monarch's team I assume, and then arranging security, transport and ancillary services.
I'd be keen to see what that process actually looks like and how long it takes.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.