The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
Just because it’s not hurtful to you doesn’t mean it‘s not hurtful to another, I’m sure there are things that would upset you that would be water off a ducks back to another that doesn’t make it right. It‘s a misogynistic, derogatory comment and we don’t know in what context it was said.

Reactions: 25
The baby brain comment reminds me of whrn men snidely say we’re on our periods if we’re being emotional or rightly upset. It’s invalidating.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think the reason Harold has now come out defending Susan Hussey was William got a lot of backlash from the public for not having her back but after the racist accusations from H&M on Oprah‘s circus, William was stuck between a rock and a hard place on how to handle it and no doubt like a rabbit caught in headlights.
As I’ve said before anyone who’s had the misfortune of a narcissist in their life will see H&M for the narcissists they are, it’s their children I feel so sad and sorry for.
Also if Harold can make such heartless/cruel comments about others appearances, including his own brother in public, imagine how vile and low he will stoop behind closed doors, he’s quite the nasty, bully boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I think the reason Harold has now come out defending Susan Hussey was William got a lot of backlash from the public for not having her back but after the racist accusations from H&M on Oprah‘s circus, William was stuck between a rock and a hard place on how to handle it and no doubt like a rabbit caught in headlights.
As I’ve said before anyone who’s had the misfortune of a narcissist in their life will see H&M for the narcissists they are, it’s their children I feel so sad and sorry for.
Also if Harold can make such heartless/cruel comments about others appearances, including his own brother in public, imagine how vile and low he will stoop behind closed doors, he’s quite the nasty, bully boy.
His not exactly an oil painting himself, William is not as good looking as he was in his 20's but he beats Harry.

Reactions: 13
I would have used baby brain back in the day, I think Kate sounds really uptight with no sense of humour! I use menopause brain now!
😀
Just because you think it’s right doesn’t mean it is or everyone agrees with you. If someone tried saying my judgement was off or I was forgetting things because of my period/hormones/baby I’d be pissed off too. Men are never told their hormones are at play in similar situations, it’s just an easy way to minimise women.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes! Charles was the one who entertained his affair. It was to him to make it stop. Camilla was wrong to cheat on her husband but she didn't own anything to Diana. Charles was the one in charge to respect his wife. And Diana got affairs too. It's rarely mentionned, and I don't blame her but she did check out of their marriage too. Blaming the mistress is a tired trick. In the 2000s I think it made sense that Charles married Camilla. After all, it was a relationship that was lasting already for a few decades. It was making sense for him to marry the woman he loves and finally do what he should have done from the beginning. I can see also how it must be difficult to get with the idea that if your father had married the woman he loved, you and your brother would be never born.
My parents were horrifically poorly matched ( similar situation, arranged marriage, only knew each other a short time, age and education gap). They stayed together, miserably, trying to avoid each other as much as possible, blazing rows, complaining about each other to their adult children for 50 years until my father's death. Is that what Harry wanted for his parents? Maybe he would rather his mother was miserable but alive. If he wants to go back in time, he wouldn't exist, as Charles and Diana's marriage was a mistake, and Charles and Camilla should have married in the first place. Should Charles have listened to him about Camilla when he didn't listen to William about Meghan? Don't mess about in other people's love lives is always the way, because the person always chooses the lover over the parent/ child/ sibling, when left to themselves they may have made a different decision

Reactions: 14
I have found Harry's comment about Williams appearance really spiteful, nasty and so unnecessary. Said to cause his brother embarrassment and hurt.

The hilarious thing is, Harry is no looker, never was and with all his bile and spite has become incredibly unattractive, nay downright ugly.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
I dint think it's particularly offensive amongst friends, but Kate and Meghan were not friends, it's clear they were never going to be. That was a silly thing to say to someone who was keeping you at arms length anyway, who she didn't really know and who had just given birth.

Reactions: 14
That’s if you were to believe Meghan, people have said Kate is a hugger, we have just one side of a story, Meghan‘s. Just because Meghan tells us she’s a paragon of virtue doesn’t make it so.
I’m probably projecting onto Kate because my space is mine and if someone I’ve only just been introduced to approaches with huggy intent I‘d much rather they didn’t. I’d say for people in Kate’s position, a hug to people you are meeting as part of the job, that you aren’t going to see again is different to getting to know someone who is going to be in your inner circle.

Reactions: 9
Is there anyone here planning to buy the book, I'm not.
Nope, instead I’m off to buy a multicoloured Bic pen as I only had a lump of coal as a child, I’ve clearly been missing out. 🎻

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I've ordered in from the Library ages ago when we were told about it.

Not sure I can stomach it now :sick:
Getting mine from the library as well.! I just treat the whole thing like a soap opera, with all of them pretty much being as bad as each other.
I don’t take any of it seriously 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 2
No interest in reading the book. We'll know all the best bits anyway.

Reactions: 5
The absolute lack of self awareness of Harry making snide comments about Williams appearance! I mean ffs, he’s a plain looking bloke himself.
Although William is not ageing well, at least he was attractive at one point in that RF horsey kind of way!

Reactions: 8
Of course H&M would have showed up K&K to some extent. Not in any way important if you talk about real power. But the tabloids narrative in the beginning was W is lazy, stiff and boring, K is extremely lazy, stiff and bland, H is relaxed, funny, sincere and served his country, and when M entered the scene she was a workhorse, accomplished, had a successful career, glamorous and beautiful. I can see why W&K would have hated to rake in even more criticism- especially build on comparison. It was probably a double edged sword. Looking worse than before but also someone else taking the spotlight- which is not as bad for them. I don’t think it’s the same situation as C&D at all though. Not at least because I think W is from a more rational and calculating disposition. And it’s well known if you fly too high (and the tabloids make you) you will have a long long fall. If H&M had stuck it out, they would be on top of the popularity game again by now. Having a girl most definitely wins (pretty sexist but also true). And the tabloids would be back to nitpick on W&K. Till the next turn. The Walses are incredibly lucky H&M keep on messing up. That’s the only thing keeping the tabloids coming for them again. I am not faulting them for refusing to play this game though. Opting out should be a respected decision.
I am also not sure H calls Camilla a villain. But rather that that was the narrative the public had for her and that was what needed changing hence the big rehabilitation campaign. I can see how this has hurt his feelings though. Seeing your mother’s competition and replacement paraded around as his father’s one and truly love, down to earth and stable, emphasising the things she was that Diana wasn’t….. I can sympathise with him there. Same with the idea that your dead parent didn’t really die but rather disappeared. Especially as a child, but the appeal is definitely there even later in life.
His problem is that he has MANY valid points but fails to bring them across well. Or they get swallowed up by twisted truths and drivel. The books reads as if his therapist suggested writing as a way of finding closure. But putting it for the public to read and cash in 20mil….. not the way to go if you plan on reconciliation. It’s rather tragic how he obviously wants that but doesn’t realise he is only making it worse almost every time he opens his mouth.

Yes, because a male member of the Royal Family can't possibly be an utter head on his own. He must be a poor brainwashed innocent.
I think most people know the kind of head Harry used to be - entitled, rude, laddish (not unlike his uncle Andrew). But this new kind of head - sitting-in-his-truth, tree-hugging, singing with seals, spilling other people’s business for the highest bidder, that’s very much Meghan’s influence.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.