The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s depends on the relationship you have with the other person and knowing what you can say and what you can’t.

We have a standing joke that friend still has baby brain 30 years on … but if someone we/she didn’t know very well ever said the same umbrage would be well and truly taken.
I would have used baby brain back in the day, I think Kate sounds really uptight with no sense of humour! I use menopause brain now!
😀

Reactions: 7
Re popularity I recall seeing Charles'furious face when the crowds were cheering his new young attractive wife compared to him and his rather boring and conservative image. I think a similar scenario was brewing between Meg and Harry and William and Kate.
Diana would have been Queen Consort though. It isn’t comparable. With the inevitable slimming down, H&M wouldn’t even have had a bad space on the balcony by the time William got to be king; possibly not even after the first few years of Charles’s reign either. You seem to think, like Harry does, they’re higher up the ranks than they are.

William doesn’t have a single reason to be jealous of Harry (except perhaps for his relative freedom of choice). It’s actually hilarious that dim old Harold thinks he does 😂

Unpopular kings are still kings. Popularity isn’t primogeniture.

Reactions: 8
What do you give as a token seasonal gift to people who have got pretty much everything that most ordinary people aspire & work towards for a life time?

A bloody good laugh!

Princess Margaret - possibly a little sharp of thought, quip & deed at times - chose a biro for Harold.
Maybe Margaret ‘knew‘ something all those years ago…?
Maybe Harold was already struggling with his writing etc?
Maybe she chose the smallest cheapest thing from the corner shop?

Who knows what message or intent was, what we do know is that the ‘boy’ has held on to this petty slight & blown it up into an adult grievance to share with all.

Meh!
I wonder what she gave William? Did she give Harry an expensive pen or was it a Bic
😁 Maybe William got a Parker pen.

Reactions: 1
I wonder what she gave William? Did she give Harry an expensive pen or was it a Bic
😁 Maybe William got a Parker pen.
Maybe William received one of those 4 coloured, changeable ink Bics that we all wanted as children!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Diana would have been Queen Consort though. It isn’t comparable. With the inevitable slimming down, H&M wouldn’t even have had a bad space on the balcony by the time William got to be king; possibly not even after the first few years of Charles’s reign either. You seem to think, like Harry does, they’re higher up the ranks than they are.
No I don't think they are higher up the ranks William was the heir and Harry was always the spare but Ido think they could've been more popular than Will and Kate. The Jamaican tour was awful William looked like he had a poker up his backside throughout. They just didn't relate to the people Meghan would have been more suitable because she can relate to black folk as she has a black Mother and Harry used to appear more of a people person than the more reserved William.

Reactions: 3
Tbh, I DO realize (male) primogeniture is crappy. I was the firstborn in a farming family but of the ‘wrong’ sex. My youngest brother would have made a great farmer but no, another boy was born in between us. It all went to him – our beloved home, our grandfather’s main focus of attention, everything to do with family history (although he couldn’t care less and I’m the historian. The documents have to stay in situ though, for future generations of the main line – his). You can either be bitter about it or accept it as the way of the world and be on your way.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
No I don't think they are higher up the ranks William was the heir and Harry was always the spare but Ido think they could've been more popular than Will and Kate. The Jamaican tour was awful William looked like he had a poker up his backside throughout. They just didn't relate to the people Meghan would have been more suitable because she can relate to black folk as she has a black Mother and Harry used to appear more of a people person than the more reserved William.
Have you forgotten how Meghan insulted people in South Africa saying in her podcast ….going there was the bravest thing she has done 😳 She’s also managed to insult Mandela‘s family …..And let’s not forget when she stood there and said ‘not many people have asked me if I’m okay’, in SA of all places. 😶
Meghan like Harold is another one with delusions of grandeur thinking she’s better than everyone else and she’s also a loose canon with her gob and uses the race card when it suits her narcissistic needs. If that along with putting notes on bananas is seen as relating to people it’s really no wonder this world is in such a goddamn mess.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
If Meghan was looking for an exit strategy this or next year once all the royal stuff had been milked dry, then it maybe going well.

Her book would have never been like his. Even if she had tales of virginity, killing people and genitals she wouldn't have shared them like harry did. She's not a complete thicko like him.
… & I don’t that she likes him that much anyway.
Even less so after this book-based PR shitstorm.
Any plans she may have held for US high office with him as bag carrier have been nix’d by his declaration of drug use, vile temper, lack of self-containment, frosty knob, lack of political judgement & contempt for the every day ‘man’ in the street/front line parting with thier tax dollars to pay for securiddy. He is a liability, an increasingly dead weight on her ambitions.

Her next move will be awaited with interest.

Have you forgotten how Meghan insulted people in South Africa saying in her podcast going there was the bravest thing she has done and she’s also insulted Mandela‘s family.
1. Insult to Mandela memory & legacy called out by Mandela Grandson - done.
2. Insult to Mandela memory & legacy called out by Mandela Grandson - done.
3. Insult to Mandela memory & legacy called out by Mandela Granddaughter -done.

It’s a world record.

Reactions: 9
Tbh, I DO realize (male) primogeniture is crappy. I was the firstborn in a farming family but of the ‘wrong’ sex. My youngest brother would have made a great farmer but no, another boy was born in between us. It all went to him – our beloved home, our grandfather’s main focus of attention, everything to do with family history (although he couldn’t care less and I’m the historian. The documents have to stay in situ though, for future generations of the main line – his). You can either be bitter about it or accept it as the way of the world and be on your way.
That is my point it was no one's fault that William was born first. But if Harry and Meg had stayed they could have won popularity the same way that Anne has become extremely respected and the same goes for Sophie. They could have had a great Royal "career" but chose not to . But on the other hand their popularity could have caused rifts and jealousy tbh I think William is not a person to cross.

Reactions: 5
I would have used baby brain back in the day, I think Kate sounds really uptight with no sense of humour! I use menopause brain now!
😀
I just think it shows they are different people and perhaps Meghan isn’t terribly good at reading people. The fact she already knew that Kate wasn’t a hugger should have told her that Kate is someone who takes times to feel comfortable around new people, and not someone who goes from perfect stranger to BFF in 10 seconds flat, which is fair enough. Kate isn’t being ‘funny’ … in her position she’s probably wary about letting people in too quickly … whoever they are.

Reactions: 16
Have you forgotten how Meghan insulted people in South Africa saying in her podcast ….going there was the bravest thing she has done 😳 She’s also managed to insult Mandela‘s family …..And let’s not forget when she stood there and said ‘not many people have asked me if I’m okay’, in SA of all places. 😶
Meghan like Harold is another one with delusions of grandeur thinking she’s better than everyone else and she’s also a loose canon with her gob and uses the race card when it suits her narcissistic needs. If that along with putting notes on bananas is seen as relating to people it’s really no wonder this world is in such a goddamn mess.
I will be honest I didn't know about that, I haven't paid much attention to them until all the fuss about this book. I have a feeling they will split anyway, god only knows what he will be like then. Wonder if William would accept him back as he would be bound to blame Meghan for the current situation.

Reactions: 1
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.

• Heart
I just think it shows they are different people and perhaps Meghan isn’t terribly good at reading people. The fact she already knew that Kate wasn’t a hugger should have told her that Kate is someone who takes times to feel comfortable around new people, and not someone who goes from perfect stranger to BFF in 10 seconds flat, which is fair enough. Kate isn’t being ‘funny’ … in her position she’s probably wary about letting people in too quickly … whoever they are.
That’s if you were to believe Meghan, people have said Kate is a hugger, we have just one side of a story, Meghan‘s. Just because Meghan tells us she’s a paragon of virtue doesn’t make it so.

Reactions: 7
I really don’t get the impression William and Kate are bothered about the popularity of others in the royal family, in the same way I think Charles is unbothered by Anne’s popularity.

Not that Harry and Meghan were significantly more popular anyway. It’s all in their heads. Both couples were well liked 5 years ago.

Reactions: 6
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
Agreed both as daft as each other, and I don't think they would ever get on Meghan wouldn't "get" Kate and in turn Kate would look down her hooter on Meghan.

I don't think 'baby brain' is offensive but I think, by then, Kate and Meghan really didn't like each other and lots of other stuff had gone down. So someone you don't like who may have been quite unpleasant to you saying it, is very different.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.