The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like Anderson Cooper went a lot easier on Harry than Tom Bradby. I don't think Bradby will be Harry's interviewer of choice anymore. He seemed really annoyed at him in parts. I don't think any UK based interviewer could justify an interview where they didn't challenge him at all.

It's clear to me that he wants the half in half out deal they he was denied already. The whole thing is like an extended temper tantrum with him also taking the opportunity to settle a score with anyone who's ever wronged him along the way.

I'm not even a monarchist and I think he's gaslighting and abusing his family. His interview narrative was lost mummy, very sad, everyone sorry for him, pa was a bit crap at parenting but he did his best and I love him because I'm such a great guy like that, his wife is a witch but I'm happy for them because they're happy together - see how great I am, I love my brother, his wife is also a bit of a witch, they were all horrible to my wife (not a witch btw and definitely never bullied anyone) and they all leaked stories about us but I want to reconcile with them because I'm so forgiving and because it will set a great example for the rest of the world, I'm also willing to work with them again because I'm such a decent guy but don't forget everyone that they're full of unconscious bias, they were mean to me when granny died and they're still leaking and planting stories about me. I'm going to tell you some of their deepest secrets and private conversations but I'm allowed because they've leaked several books worth of info on me. Oh and btw that time I told you they made comments about the skin colour of my unborn child and wouldn't make him a prince in case he was too dark - you were totally wrong to assume I thought my family were racist. I said no such thing you stupid peasant.

He's constantly jumping between insulting them and saying he wants to reconcile. If you genuinely loved this man as a part of your family as I presume Charles and William do then your head would be spinning from it. He's maddening and I can't decide if he's insane or just really cruel.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Yes, because a male member of the Royal Family can't possibly be an utter head on his own. He must be a poor brainwashed innocent.
He's far from a brain washed innocent. I do think there is something toxic about the two of them together though.

Reactions: 16
That smirk he gives when AC reads the balding part about William tells me everything I need to know about Harry

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Harry, dear boy, listen. It really is as simple as

YOU 👏 ARE 👏 NOT 👏 IN 👏 THE 👏 LINE 👏 OF 👏 SUCCESSION 👏

You were born 3rd and due to your grandmother’s longevity never gof to no.2, which you could perhaps have expected. It never gets any better. With the birth of George your role ended forever.

You say you want a family, not an institution, buy mean the opposite. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a problem.

The foursome idea was crackers. William isn’t going to share his throne with you, he never was.

You are loved but you just aren’t a key player. Sorry, that’s just primogeniture 🤷‍♀️

It all boils down to this imo. He drops the Heir and Spare labels all over the place but obviously sees them as no more than juvenile taunts. No Harry. They mean something. They mean William’s destiny was different to yours from the get-go. You just aren’t entitled to what he is.

Reactions: 15
I haven’t seen the interview, but apparently he came over better than expected, and a family member who’s on holiday in NY atm, said that there’s a lot of sympathy for him and Meghan in the media over there, and a fair amount of hostility to the royal family!
I’m going to watch it later. Have the book pre ordered from the library!

Reactions: 2
I haven’t seen the interview, but apparently he came over better than expected, and a family member who’s on holiday in NY atm, said that there’s a lot of sympathy for him and Meghan in the media over there, and a fair amount of hostility to the royal family!
It’s easy to get sympathy when you spend most of the time speaking about your villainous stepmother who you know Americans already don’t like, and don’t have an interviewer asking any semblance of a challenging question. There’s a reason he goes after Camilla more in America than here.

Reactions: 19
I hope there is sympathy for him in America as he’ll be living there forever. He had little good will and support in the UK already and he’s absolutely burned to the ground what was left.

Reactions: 16
Yes, because a male member of the Royal Family can't possibly be an utter head on his own. He must be a poor brainwashed innocent.
😂😂😂😂😂
Did I say that? Naw. Wind yer neck in. He's a fool all on his own. But she's in his head a lot of what he says comes from her it's quite clear to see

Reactions: 7
Well, if his intention was to make people feel sorry for William and send people over to Camilla’s side … he’s done a grand job. If it wasn’t, then he’s scored a bit of an own goal.

I admit, I do feel sorry for him for the fact he is obviously so unhappy and troubled … but it is possible to feel that and also feel that he is a grade a plank.

How they come back from this is anybodies guess - if they even can. It’s going to need a lot of diplomacy and forgiveness and from what we know of the RF anyway they’re not qualities they have in abundance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
😂😂😂😂😂
Did I say that? Naw. Wind yer neck in. He's a fool all on his own. But she's in his head a lot of what he says comes from her it's quite clear to see
Yes it's clear as day that she's the one pulling the strings. He's far too thick to realise that he's being played like a fiddle.

Reactions: 8
Already when they did their Oprah's interview they mentionned they would come back in a heartbeat if they got what they wanted. They also said it was insulting that the RF suggested Meghan could keep on her career after her wedding if she wished so. It was already stunning from them to say thay would have no problem to work for the RF after all the abuse they said they got in march 2021. Who would like to work for a family/institution described as toxic and racist? That was for me a big redflag at the time because it wasn't making sense according to what they were telling to Orpah. In the Netflix doc they again hinted that it would be a loss for the RF to have Meghan back because she is biracial. I actually found that segment racist. The RF should not use Meghan as a token to show their acceptance and their non-racist stance. It would be wrong on all levels. If the RF wants to show to the world they are evolving they should drop the exception they managed to get to not have to hire people of colour. They should look in their vault and give back artworks and jewellery that have been stolen ( I know it's a complex topic because not everything as been stolen and it would take time and energy but that would be great to face those things). Using Meghan as the PR face of diversity inside of the RF would be wrong. It's very american to think like this, so not suprising actually!

And now the interview and the book, again it's all about coming back "if they get an apology" and what they want. At this stage, it looks like blackmail: we will keep on shitting on the RF as long as we don't get what we want.

The funniest thing? Harry complaining about being the spare but being at the same time a fervent monarchist.

Reactions: 5
Although I think Harry has put some awful stuff in his book, I am wondering whether there was a lot of jealousy/antagonism towards him and Meghan. Let's not forget that Charles was extremely jealous of Diana's popularity.Did William and Kate see Harry and Meg as a threat?I thought Meg and Harry had great potential when they first got together in the RF, they were the cool couple compared to Kate and Williams rather stiff and formal approach. Maybe stuff was leaked to the press as I don't see William as a saint either.So I don't dismiss everything he says as there may be truth in some of his claims. If they had stuck it out they could have upstaged Kate and William.

• Heart
I feel like coming for Camilla will buy quick support, but not lasting support.

For starters, let's just think about what the royal family's main support base - the older and more conservative - would think of their King and his long-term domestic partner, sans wedding rings.
It also undermines any attempt at claiming feminism or even just not misogyny - apparently the one at fault for his parent's bad marriage wasn't either of the parties in it, for cheating, no no no. Nor was it his grandparents for forcing Charles's hand to marry the young pretty woman who would make a good princess but the wrong wife, no. It was obviously and solely the other woman. That rhetoric doesn't tend to stick well with younger or more liberal folks, who would be more supportive of his claim that Charles, even as King, could have Camilla as his partner but not his wife.

Yes it's clear as day that she's the one pulling the strings. He's far too thick to realise that he's being played like a fiddle.
Exactly. He also sounds very mixed up. The part about achies skin colour - no he didn't use the words race/ racism but his WIFE sure done a smashing job of implying it on camera while he sat beside her 😂 I almost feel like she makes these messes and harry tries to clear them up, making things a million times worse in the process. The way she laughs and sniggers when talking about having to cursty or how bizarre a castle is to her, can almost feel him cringing with embarrassment that she's laughing at him and his family. Can only imagine the way she is in private about it to him!
But yes a lot is brought on himself with his entitlement. Which, growing up a royal, isn't that unusual

• Sick

For starters, let's just think about what the royal family's main support base - the older and more conservative - would think of their King and his long-term domestic partner, sans wedding rings.
It also undermines any attempt at claiming feminism or even just not misogyny - apparently the one at fault for his parent's bad marriage wasn't either of the parties in it, for cheating, no no no. Nor was it his grandparents for forcing Charles's hand to marry the young pretty woman who would make a good princess but the wrong wife, no. It was obviously and solely the other woman. That rhetoric doesn't tend to stick well with younger or more liberal folks, who would be more supportive of his claim that Charles, even as King, could have Camilla as his partner but not his wife.
Yes! Charles was the one who entertained his affair. It was to him to make it stop. Camilla was wrong to cheat on her husband but she didn't own anything to Diana. Charles was the one in charge to respect his wife. And Diana got affairs too. It's rarely mentionned, and I don't blame her but she did check out of their marriage too. Blaming the mistress is a tired trick. In the 2000s I think it made sense that Charles married Camilla. After all, it was a relationship that was lasting already for a few decades. It was making sense for him to marry the woman he loves and finally do what he should have done from the beginning. I can see also how it must be difficult to get with the idea that if your father had married the woman he loved, you and your brother would be never born.

Reactions: 4

We all know there was a concerted effort to make Camilla more user friendly, they made no bones about it … it was even called something subtle like Operation Rehabilitate Camilla … and I might be misremembering or even dreamt it, but there is a bell ringing at the back of my mind that she even used to have weekly lunches with a reporter? But that is going back to the very early days before they married and was a good decade or more before he even met Meghan.

I really don’t get his thinking. I can see how he is deluded enough to believe that now ALL is out in the open, there could be a reconciliation with him levelling the playing field. Or maybe they have realised money is running out fast. I also get strategically being more critical in the US where he won’t get as much backlash. But it won’t matter at all if the USA would love to see him as glorious winner in this fight. The monarchy only needs the UK on its side and I think people that do care about the monarchy in the UK, one way or the other, don’t have big sympathies for him. The RF sits at the longer lever.
What’s crazy is that he is contradicting himself left and right. Fighting against media misinformation but doesn’t feel the need to clear up when they twist his words. Complains about leaking stuff to make others look bad, goes even further with being downright insulting or revealing private details about others not even shying away about the sphere of intimacy.
Excepting an award for their fight against racism in the RF, but no they are indeed not racist. He never said that. Hello? That’s sounds like straight out of Donald Trump’s playbook. I kind of waited for him to shout Fake news.
I can imagine the RF just waits for tomorrow. When the book is out and there is no need to promote it anymore. I agree thatcher should just wish Kate a Happy Birthday and leave it at that. No comment needed really. The ball is in their court. But they are wise not to pick it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
We all know there was a concerted effort to make Camilla more user friendly, they made no bones about it … it was even called something subtle like Operation Rehabilitate Camilla … and I might be misremembering or even dreamt it, but there is a bell ringing at the back of my mind that she even used to have weekly lunches with a reporter? But that is going back to the very early days before they married and was a good decade or more before he even met Meghan.
There has been definitely been a strong a push, but there's also the benefit of time - the public is used to her, so whether they like her or not there's not an active push from them to remove her. At a certain point, even the most avid and obsessive royal fans had to realise they don't actually own the royals as people, so can't control their choice of partner.

In trying to paint Camilla as dangerous, Harry is making a very personal and emotional attack - he can see her as the villain so he can avoid acknowledging his father's adultery, he can see her as the villain to avoid acknowledging his parent's toxic marriage. But he can't make that fact or sell that emotional attack easily, as it only works for those also emotionally invested in the same way.
He also runs the risk of inviting direct comparison to the PR and press onslaught of himself and his wife - it's hard to call out the active media push to rehab Camilla's image without risking comparison to his push to rehab Meghan's after the press turned on her. Why is one dangerous, but the other necessary?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.