The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s just the traumatic way in which she died but as the secretary took out the gory photos I can see what you mean. I think maybe it’s the shock of him being so open about it, normally these things aren’t discussed in British society (and maybe that should change).
I’m so sorry to hear about your brother ❤
Thank you ❤
I agree Diana‘s death was tragic and could have been prevented and as you say death is not something that‘s often talked about especially so openly. I’m not sure it would help if we did, as it’s not something you can really prepare a child for without frightening them and hopefully most children won’t have to face losing a parent, or a sibling at a young age. Had I not been in a similar position I‘m sure I’d be shocked to read, or hear Harry say that. Death is such a difficult subject and having lost my brother when I was a child it made me want to protect my children from death as much as possible, for as long as possible as daft as that might sound, as it changes your life forever. I think it makes what Harry is doing, especially to William even more uncomfortable to witness.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
In a clip for the interview with Anderson Cooper, Harry says that Camilla ‘she needed to rehabilitate her image, she was the villain, she was the third person in the marriage’.
Ooooof. He’s going for the jugular there.

Thinking back to Harry’s comments about looking at Diana’s car crash, I don’t think there were any that were graphic. The one in the public domain is very grainy and shows her head (her body is obscured) and she looks like she’s asleep. Unless his private secretary was able to get his hands on others that aren’t available to the public?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I just read the transcript of the American interview. He says they never invited him on the plane to Balmoral and he didn't get to see the Queen. Both are true but they're not linked - none of the people on that plane got to see the Queen either.
Harry would have known both his grandparents were terminally ill, yet he hardly bothered to visit them when they were still alive, apart from seeing the Queen at the Jubilee and he didn’t exactly make their last years/months easy with his endless attacks and the Oprah circus, so it’s a bit late for him to try and play the victim where either of his grandparents are concerned.
It’s really no wonder William‘s at his wits end with him. William has had to watch both his grandparents health decline and no doubt been there for them as much as possible and carry on his duties. Whilst Harry has been busy plotting and stirring his cauldron of hate to profit from.
How do you ever forgive your sibling for doing that, especially when their grandparents were there for them when they lost their mother, especially PP. I would struggle to live with myself and hurt like hell if I’d behaved like that, yet Harry seems happy to continue playing the victim.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
In a clip for the interview with Anderson Cooper, Harry says that Camilla ‘she needed to rehabilitate her image, she was the villain, she was the third person in the marriage’.
Ooooof. He’s going for the jugular there.
Not a direct quote but as good as

Harold really is a nasty piece of work and it’s disturbing that he doesn’t even see how vile he is.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
He really is a nasty piece of work
I can’t believe he has the audacity to say that he loves his brother deeply after AC read out that specific sentence (a sentence that HE wrote) about William’s looks.

Last edited:
I can’t believe he has the audacity to say that he loves his brother deeply after AC read out that specific sentence about William’s looks.
I feel for William having to put up with that piece of tit, he is vile and anyone that still feels sorry for Harry after that must be tapped in the head because I doubt they’d feel sorry for him if he were a member of their family being so cruel.
Harry is a narcissistic bully and as far as I’m concerned he and Meghan deserve each other.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Harold really is a nasty piece of work and it’s disturbing that he doesn’t even see how vile he is.
Even Arselick Cooper wasn't buying what he was selling there!
Fl__EJoacAAUwHy.jpeg

Pushed by Meghan if it would ever be removed, he said: ‘Never.

Not in this climate of hate. And not after what happened to my mother.’

The Duke of Sussex adds: ‘Also, not in the wake of my Uncle Andrew.

Despite being embroiled in a shameful scandal, accused of sexually assaulting a young girl, no one had even suggested removing his security.

People have had plenty of reasons to complain about us, sex crimes weren’t one of them.’
Wonder if Eugenie and Beatrice are going to be cool with this one. It's true and something he genuinely should be talking about if he wants to take down the RF, but he's losing his only remaining allies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Lordy, I feel for the Sussex PR consultant. Either they are truly terrible at their job, or they're being ignored. Either way, poor sod isn't looking at good career prospects from here with this response.

Reactions: 6
To repeat my comment and now I'm completely serious:

I didn't watch, my info is reading about THE interview, but as far as I can see:

Harold is the perfect example of good, old school of brainwashing and "corrective measures", probably chemically supported. That's how the people talk after intensive "re-education" and "re-training".

You know how we always read about totalitarian regimes and their methods or watched as hostages read messages and talked into the camera glorifying terrorists - that's Harold. I'm really afraid for him and this stopped to be funny.

Reactions: 3
Buckingham Palace asked for a copy of the Anderson interview in exchange for a comment but were turned down by CBS.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Buckingham Palace asked for a copy of the Anderson interview in exchange for a comment but were turned down by CBS.
I don't know that it's "a copy in exchange for a comment" so much as responding that they'd need a copy to provide a comment. Which, I mean, how can you make comment on something you've not seen?

Second thought - I'd love to see CBS explain what value or purpose there is in a comment made in ignorance. Seeking comment without providing the source clarity on what it is they're making comment on seems either unethical (looking for them to refute what they think might be said to stir up trouble) or an attempt at an empty claim of seeking balance of opinions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I'm over it now.
The constant whinging.

The entitlement
Daddy cut me off!!
We were living in a 2 bedroom!

Oh duck off. Open up a newspaper. Have a look around. There is a living cost crisis in alot of places.

Be bleeping useful or duck off.

Reactions: 20
I just read the transcript of the Anderson Cooper interview. What a suck up. He made Bradby look like the hardest hitting interview since Emily Maitlis.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I would like it now if more people start to talk about Harry, like he has about them. I mean those who know the real Harry. Former friends, acquaintances, people who helped and encouraged him along the way. People he has cut off or misrepresented. His myths need debunking, and some new insights into his damaged personality brought forward. He likes interviews and books, other people should do their own. If the Palace don’t react, other people should.

Reactions: 8
I would like it now if more people start to talk about Harry, like he has about them. I mean those who know the real Harry. Former friends, acquaintances, people who helped and encouraged him along the way. People he has cut off or misrepresented. His myths need debunking, and some new insights into his damaged personality brought forward. He likes interviews and books, other people should do their own. If the Palace don’t react, other people should.
The problem there is that he's already built in a defensive narrative. "The palace leaks and plants stories," thus anyone who refutes him is a tool of the royal family, so they can claim any negative stories are part of the conspiracy against him.

In attacking an entity that rarely replies outright, he needs only to undermine and sow doubt in the non-direct responses for his claims to be proven right to those in his corner. While the rest of the present PR strategy he's managed is... questionable, that element serves its function.

The only downside, really, is that if they continue with the statements that lean in to paranoia, indefensible claims (Afghanistan), and hypocritical statements, the strategy of using paranoia about responses will work on fewer but more fervent supporters. They may back themselves into having largely the support of obsessive fans, which is not good for a public figure's reputation or safety.

Reactions: 7
im confused. theres two years between archie and lili but meghan said archie was 18 months old when she miscarried? So within 6 months, she fell pregnant again (miraculously fast for a 40 year old) and gave birth to a full term baby lili?
Not really. My friend had babies at 39, 40 and 41. Sometimes women are quite fertile but they don't try to get pregnant. Another friend was in her 20's and had problems with getting pregnant/ secondary infertility etc. Also, you are more fertile after you have had a baby or miscarried, I was told!

Reactions: 11
Harry would have known both his grandparents were terminally ill, yet he hardly bothered to visit them when they were still alive, apart from seeing the Queen at the Jubilee and he didn’t exactly make their last years/months easy with his endless attacks and the Oprah circus, so it’s a bit late for him to try and play the victim where either of his grandparents are concerned.
It’s really no wonder William‘s at his wits end with him. William has had to watch both his grandparents health decline and no doubt been there for them as much as possible and carry on his duties. Whilst Harry has been busy plotting and stirring his cauldron of hate to profit from.
How do you ever forgive your sibling for doing that, especially when their grandparents were there for them when they lost their mother, especially PP. I would struggle to live with myself and hurt like hell if I’d behaved like that, yet Harry seems happy to continue playing the victim.
My Uncle and his wife were a tit to my Grandma when she was alive but even more so when she was dying. It absolutely broke her heart and she was already going through enough. I’ve never forgiven him and won’t ever tbh. Personally on that alone I think William is in his right to never speak to Harry again. To put his supposedly “much loved” grandmother through this in her final days. Nah man. Tells you everything.

I don't think the monarch has to be more popular. The Queen wasn't always as popular as she was in recent years. Charles is never going to be as popular as William but the monarchy will survive fine with him in charge. It's more like the monarchy needs a cast of characters like a soap - the dutiful one, the pretty one, the fun one, the sporty one etc.
I'm inclined to believe the stuff about Charles and Camilla leaking against both couples. Didn't Charles complain about never seeing the grandkids. A crappy thing to do.
I'm not sure if I think W&K briefed against Harry and Meghan. I do think there is something unlikeable about Meghan and a lot of the bad press was her own doing. She comes across as insincere and fake and she wasn't long married when there was that incident at Wimbledon so I can well believe that she was difficult behind the scenes too. They also had a big turnover of staff and that doesn't happen for no reason.
I don't think Harry and Meghan could ever have stayed in the RF because they couldn't accept the hierarchy and that's fair enough but they could have left on better terms with the family.

On the topic of their leaving - I wish he'd stop saying they fled the country. It's so melodramatic.
I agree that they think the top person has to be protected and the most popular. The Queen was the drab, sensible one, and Margaret was the fun, flighty one, but no one thought she should be Queen because she was so off the scale. I don't think it has to be that way, but I think mostly they are bored, with no real problems so have to invent some. Their family dynamic tells them that the heir is the most important, so they think the public should think that too.The whole system of primogeniture breeds jealousy and resentment. Harry knew this. He was born into it. He isnt going to change it. He is stupid to think he could. And he is stupid if he still believes in Monarchy but can't see that the system of Monarchy is what leads to this. He only needs to look at Denmark to see that. The least troublesome Monarchies are the ones where they have done what his father is apparently trying to do. Cut the Monarchy to its bare bones. But that would exclude his children.
He should have left, taken his wife and children and his money and left them to it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.