The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can I put this carefully, but you wouldn’t imagine Caroline Flack would have found Harry attractive if it wasn’t for his title. I am not sure the romance was at all serious on her part.

According to the Mail, H has been written out of the coronation script.
I can see why people would be attracted in the first place. He isn’t ugly, has a cute smile and I imagine he’s quite funny on first meeting which always goes a long way with women. What I can’t understand is how anyone could put up with it beyond a few dates and his true self comes out.

Reactions: 6
I just saw an ex soldier on sky news saying that Harry has PTSD and we should be wrapping him up in a bubble instead of criticising him and that his self destructive behaviour is a cry for help. I think he could have PTSD but it's a bit unfair to PTSD sufferers to blame all his behaviour on that. He clearly has a nasty, petty, vindictive side.

I hope the interviewers ask him some proper questions next week. Surely they'll look like idiots if they don't now that there's so much negative info out there.
I don’t see it myself, I see him as a jealous, spoilt brat that didn’t get what he wanted so he’s going to try and ruin it for others. Even if he were suffering PTSD it doesn’t give him the right to destroy others MH, which no doubt he has done and is doing with his constant vitriol. To wrap him in bubble wrap (which he pretty much has been his whole life), is allowing him to continue to hurt others and making it acceptable, which it should never be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
There's a fresh round of revelations in all the papers now. I actually don't know how Harry shared this account of their conversation after Philip's funeral. It's heartbreaking and it just makes me feel sorry for William. It sounds like a family trying to get through to someone in a cult or something. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20973036/william-lunged-harry-philip-funeral/
Gosh he’s got such a superiority complex. The way this reads it sounds like William was desperate for something to work, just be amicable with his brother again and for them both to be happy in their respective lives. From the extracts there doesn’t appear to be any point where he accepts he could have handled it differently or his family were right. He sees Meghan through such rose tinted glasses he can’t accept she’s done anything wrong and is willing to fight to the death of that. Why would anyone want to be his or her friend after this?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don’t see it myself, I see him as a jealous, spoilt brat that didn’t get what he wanted so he’s going to try and ruin it for others. Even if he were suffering PTSD it doesn’t give him the right to destroy others MH, which no doubt he has done and is doing with his constant vitriol. To wrap him in bubble wrap is allowing him to continue to hurt and destroy others which should never be acceptable.
I feel really sorry for William after reading the latest articles. He just sounds desperately worried about Harry. And Harry is writing about these events as an example of William being wrong or unable to understand him but all he's doing is making William sound better and himself sound like a blind fool.

And what is this about?

But he does recall happy memories of growing up with William and them blasting partridges on a shoot in Spain.
Harry added: “But now I saw that even our finest moments, and my best memories, somehow involved death.Our lives were built on death, our brightest days shadowed by it. Looking back, I didn't see spots of time, but dances with death.” He described Windsor Castle as a “tomb, the walls filled with ancestors” and Tower of London “held together with the blood of animals” adding, “maybe we were a death cult”.

• Heart
I'm not sure about a recap, but I'm still waiting for:

What exactly was the dog bowl? Must have been made of fine bone china to break when Harold sat on it.

Why are there no photos of willy in the leopard print leotard? Maybe you could wipe the internet of things back then, but they must still be floating around?

Was it a pearl necklace that snapped?
The dog bowl was from IKEA. Apparently, according to Harry in this very book, that’s all he and Meghan could afford.

I think the necklace was Harry’s balls in a Suits branded vice. A wedding gift from Meghan.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Carry on here folks ... can't be doing a recap because that would take up the next 52 pages :ROFLMAO:

I always thought the Royals gave each other crap presents at Christmas. Maybe it's a bit much to give a kid a biro but Harry needs to let go of some things. Any wonder he's the way he is when he can't let go of anything.
But surely she read his book. Why didn't she say something? I thought she came across better than him in the Oprah interview and he came across like a spoilt brat but she can only help him so much with an interview. He still has to sit there and answer the questions. But with a book you have months to edit and refine what you're saying so that you come across well. The ghost writer and editor had no vested interest in Harry coming across well but why did Meghan not intervene?
if she ever divorces him and wants custody of the kids then this book is her evidence, he's admitted to drug use and talking to the dead

a bit rich of meghan to dismiss Kate's ideas or actions as baby brain when she just made a whole series of podcasts discussing the negative labels that women receive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I feeel Meghan will be furious and humiliated that Harry was mocked on Jimmy Kimmel. These are the Hollywood types she’d want onside

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I can see why people would be attracted in the first place. He isn’t ugly, has a cute smile and I imagine he’s quite funny on first meeting which always goes a long way with women. What I can’t understand is how anyone could put up with it beyond a few dates and his true self comes out.
Oh god no. He’s WORSE when he smiles. Such weird teeth. Looks just like Wallace & Gromit.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I don’t see it myself, I see him as a jealous, spoilt brat that didn’t get what he wanted so he’s going to try and ruin it for others. Even if he were suffering PTSD it doesn’t give him the right to destroy others MH, which no doubt he has done and is doing with his constant vitriol. To wrap him in bubble wrap (which he pretty much has been his whole life), is allowing him to continue to hurt others and making it acceptable, which it should never be.
From what people are saying on here about his actions it sounds like he was destroying other people's mental health before he was in Afghanistan.

Reactions: 9
Someone on Reddit has done a summary of a few recent royal books, of note on Andrew:

• He insisted on more support, more acreage in hotels than any other member of the royal family. When he went to Davos he had a bigger chalet than everyone else, and everyone went, ‘Why?’ His sense of entitlement was off kilter.”
  • He had always received much more of her attention than his siblings... his classmates found him big-headed, arrogant, and deluded about his own intelligence. He experienced more coddling than Charles.
  • His decreasing relevance to the Crown drained his vitality and self-esteem.
And on Harry:

• Harry seems to be QE and Charles' favorite due to his spare status.
  • Harry became a commissioned officer at Sandhurst just months after William graduated from St. Andrews. It pleased Harry no end that his older brother would have to salute him.
  • QM left 14million to H & W, with more going to H as he was the spare and wouldn't have money like W.
Same mistakes in both of the spares.

Every new thing that comes out is so bloody childish. It is toe curling. Clutching shirts, on mummy’s life, you’re delusional Harold, no you are Willy…so embarrassing.

He has referenced Prince Andrew shameful sex scandal - but only that he got to keep his security so there was no way they were going to lose theirs.

Now he has all the money from vomiting out all his woes, he can pay for his own security forever. Plus his wife eats very little and can make her own clothes according to him. So that’s more money saved. They can practically live off grid in their multi million dollar abode.

Someone on Reddit has done a summary of a few recent royal books, of note on Andrew:

And on Harry:

Same mistakes in both of the spares.
So further down the pecking order but top for entitlement

Meghan is a beautiful woman, and he clearly adores her. He should have been amazed she even looked in his direction, but with his sense of entitlement, it probably never occurred to him. But her being mixed race was an added attraction for him, in that he thought it would piss off his family and the media by being involved with a woman outside his usual blonde bits of fluff. Not just her racial background, but her being a divorcee, an actress with some racy shoots. He wanted to provoke a reaction, which is what he seems to have wanted to do since he was a young man. He wanted to be seen as different from them (his family), that he wasn’t at all like them. But of course he is. At least the others recognise their privileges (apart from Andrew) but he thinks he has no airs and graces.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
So further down the pecking order but top for entitlement
It makes sense, really. Both Andrew and Harry have been reported as the Queen's favourites, which in itself can lead to some messiness of entitlement.

I think the concept has always been that the heir to the throne should learn to be responsible, learn proper decorum, and generally be prepared to be the ceremonial head of state.
The next down the chain has the benefit of freedom - they have all the privilege, money, and opportunities, but are held to a lower standard of behaviour, and their excesses are excused. Instead of keeping their worst behaviours hidden (as the heir is expected to generally manage) they can be a little wilder in the public eye.

Unfortunately, that freedom is hard to see as yet another privilege when your intellect is set by generations of inbreeding, and when you've got neither the empathy nor the experience to recognise how much better you have it than almost everyone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It makes sense, really. Both Andrew and Harry have been reported as the Queen's favourites, which in itself can lead to some messiness of entitlement.

I think the concept has always been that the heir to the throne should learn to be responsible, learn proper decorum, and generally be prepared to be the ceremonial head of state.
The next down the chain has the benefit of freedom - they have all the privilege, money, and opportunities, but are held to a lower standard of behaviour, and their excesses are excused. Instead of keeping their worst behaviours hidden (as the heir is expected to generally manage) they can be a little wilder in the public eye.

Unfortunately, that freedom is hard to see as yet another privilege when your intellect is set by generations of inbreeding, and when you've got neither the empathy nor the experience to recognise how much better you have it than almost everyone else.
It seems like the monarchs often have more difficulty connecting with the heir than the spare.

Heirs are essentially waiting for them to die, so then they can inherit the throne. The monarch is acutely aware of this, having done the same with their own parent. That must hit them. The heir grows relatively more independent as a result, and the press officers are far more interested in grooming them into a polished product so they tend to be more suited to the role.

Spares are sympathetic characters to the monarch, and as well they're a child who is not waiting for them to die so there isn't that same cloud over their relationship. They're indulged, leaving them immature and childish, and this continues as long as that monarch lives. They resent the heir, because the public perception of them isn't in line with the favouritism they get within the RF. Once their sibling ascends the throne, that means the parent is dead, and the sibling likely has children by this point making them utterly irrelevant as they're below their nieces and nephews in line. They aren't allowed to get paying jobs while working as a royal, and are then dependent on how much their sibling is willing to give them as their part of the soverign grant, and they're unlikely to be happy no matter what that figure is.

Queen Victoria wrote that one of her spares, Arthur, was “dear, dearer than any of the others put together". She had a horrendous relationship with Edward who'd go on to be king.

King George V was particularly harsh towards Edward, his heir. He was less harsh to George VI, who was his spare.

King George VI actually flat out called QE his pride, but Margaret his joy.

And then Andrew, and now Harry. They need to ensure Charlotte and Louis don't go the same way - whether that's telling them early on not to expect to be sustained as working as a royal for life and allowing them half in half out so they can earn their own money, or simply not having spares from this point on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It seems like the monarchs often have more difficulty connecting with the heir than the spare.

Heirs are essentially waiting for them to die, so then they can inherit the throne. The monarch is acutely aware of this, having done the same with their own parent. That must hit them. The heir grows relatively more independent as a result, and the press officers are far more interested in grooming them into a polished product so they tend to be more suited to the role.

Spares are sympathetic characters to the monarch, and as well they're a child who is not waiting for them to die so there isn't that same cloud over their relationship. They're indulged, leaving them immature and childish, and this continues as long as that monarch lives. They resent the heir, because the public perception of them isn't in line with the favouritism they get within the RF. Once their sibling ascends the throne, that means the parent is dead, and the sibling likely has children by this point making them utterly irrelevant as they're below their nieces and nephews in line. They aren't allowed to get paying jobs while working as a royal, and are then dependent on how much their sibling is willing to give them as their part of the soverign grant, and they're unlikely to be happy no matter what that figure is.

Queen Victoria wrote that one of her spares, Arthur, was “dear, dearer than any of the others put together". She had a horrendous relationship with Edward who'd go on to be king.

King George V was particularly harsh towards Edward, his heir. He was less harsh to George VI, who was his spare.

And then Andrew, and now Harry. They need to ensure Charlotte and Louis don't go the same way - whether that's telling them early on not to expect to be sustained as working as a royal for life and allowing them half in half out so they can earn their own money, or simply not having spares from this point on.
George V was extremely harsh towards towards Bertie (George VI) which among other things just made his stutter infinitely worse.

Reactions: 10

Bertie was a 'difficult' child and it's highly probable he had ADHD and dyslexia. His big sister Vicky was a much better student than him and I think this caused the troubled relationship.
When he was having an affair with an actress, Prince Albert went to reprimand him and he died shortly after. Victoria thought that this incident caused the death of her husband and we all know she went a little crazy mourning him!

Reactions: 9
It seems like Harry has unleash 20 odd years of repressed feelings in one book.

“maybe we were a death cult”.
I’m sure the Royals are going to take kindly to be compared to Muslim fanatics like ISIS, who are described as a ‘death cult’.

Finally, he’s mentioned Andrew
489888A3-797C-4170-B0CF-D39C392F8665.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I think it’s a lot of conjecture. I’m sure QE never waited for her father to die so she could inherit his throne. And I’ve often seen in regular families that the youngest child, the one most coddled and doted on, grows up to be the most resentful, so it hardly has anything to do with generations of inbreeding.

I would actually say it makes total sense: children need rules, discipline, to learn that they have responsibilities, that actions have consequences. I would say the worst thing anybody did to Harry when he was a child was treating him as William’s equal. It should have been made clear from the start that William and Harry have different paths in life which neither of them chose, and that they should support each other.
Maybe it’s not the best analogy, but I know someone who has a sibling born with a rare genetic condition. That person missed out on a lot of childhood experiences because all the family resources and the lion’s share of the parents’ attention was on rehabilitating the other child. Objectively, I would say the parents often overlooked the child who did not have those special needs, and I personally wouldn’t be surprised if that person grew up to resent the parents and the sibling for it. But the opposite happened, and that person is one of the most loving, compassionate, fulfilled individuals I ever met, and is very close with both the parents and the sibling. And I should probably add that they did not have even one hundredth of the opportunities that Harry enjoyed his entire life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
How can William and Charles ever have a relationship with Harry going forward after he has revealed so many conversations, including their secret code? There can be no trust there at all now.
For all Harry’s moaning about leaks and briefing against him and Meghan by the various other palaces it has never veered into this personal stuff.

Regarding Charlotte and Louis and the RF needing to be careful with them…( sorry I can’t find the poster who said about them now).

I think there is a huge difference with their upbringings. Everything I’ve read from Harry’s book suggests that William can see that Harry is absolutely fucked and needs help. I think he learns from past mistakes and that he will be doing everything he can to make sure it doesn’t happen to his kids.

I also think the Middleton’s will be making a huge difference. William is supposed to have said that he absolutely loves spending time with the Middletons because it’s completely removed from royal life and just what he thinks a normal family is and should be.

I think Carol spenda lot of time with the 3 kids, taking them to the beach etc. Although they obviously understand the RF they do not have the same pressure that the RF do, nor that Diana’s family did as aristocracy in the 80’s when people cared about it a bit more.

They also brought up 3 kids who seem to get on well and support each other. They’ve never ever said a word about anyone or anything. I think that the family support network of them will probably make a huge difference.

I’m not saying the Middletons are angels or anything, just that I think it will make a huge difference to the way those 3 children are brought up and how they see themselves.

How can William and Charles ever have a relationship with Harry going forward after he has revealed so many conversations, including their secret code? There can be no trust there at all now.
For all Harry’s moaning about leaks and briefing against him and Meghan by the various other palaces it has never veered into this personal stuff.
Yeah it does make his “I just want my father and brother back” seem laughable doesn’t it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if William never speaks to him ever again. I read on the DM this morning William had already demanded Harry be cut from any ceremonial role at the coronation.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.