The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How can William and Charles ever have a relationship with Harry going forward after he has revealed so many conversations, including their secret code? There can be no trust there at all now.
For all Harry’s moaning about leaks and briefing against him and Meghan by the various other palaces it has never veered into this personal stuff.
He's never said what stories they're meant to have briefed either. I'm guessing he means the Kate crying one but I don't think Kate would have wanted that out there and if she did want to damage Meghan she could have added in the baby brain part. It's Harry that's put the worst of that incident in the public domain.

I think he's using this book to get revenge for every little perceived slight he's ever felt and he's trying to show again that's he's the 'fun' brother with the hilarious stories as opposed to stodgy William. The story about him using up the whole tank of gas and air so there was none left for Meghan is ridiculous on so many levels. He probably thinks it makes him look funny but yet again it makes him look like an idiot and a terrible husband.

He's also said that William thought he was becoming brain washed by therapy and wanted to observe a session to see what he was being exposed to. William also thought he was unwise to leave the RF and move overseas because he wasn't well.

This book is like an unintentional ode to William. Every story Harry thinks shows William in a bad light just shows him as sensible and caring. I've actually never thought as highly of William as I do now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
That article in the Sun makes him sound certifiable. He's away with the fairies if he thought publishing all that would garner sympathy. This book is going to do him so much damage.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That article in the Sun makes him sound certifiable. He's away with the fairies if he thought publishing all that would garner sympathy. This book is going to do him so much damage.
"Away with the fairies" is too nice an expression for what is going on with him, but I agree wholeheartedly with you.

He actually sounds deranged ,in another century, his family would have banished him to the tower.

I never liked him, nor could I see the supposed physical attractiveness he was supposed to have. He is an arrogant entitled, dangerous fool and he's become really quite ugly to match his inner nastiness. :sick:

Reactions: 8
I think there's 3 options for Meghan's involvement with this book.
1. She's as deluded as Harry and thought the book would come across well.
2. She knew it made him look bad but didn't intervene.
3. She tried to intervene but he wouldn't listen. (Not likely imo)

None of those scenarios paint their marriage in a good light. I can see her ditching him if his public image nosedives after this. She could say she never read it but that's not believable at all. Whether intentionally or not, she's toxic for him and they're toxic together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
After a somewhat purple-prosed confession of how he used to fancy some of the younger matrons at the prep school, he recounts how he used to take great satisfaction out of tormenting another, Pat.

He explains how Pat did not ‘make us horny’ on account of being short and unattractive, ‘not much of a thing, always with a tired face and greasy hair’.

She had a deviated spine and her knees were so stiff she had to descend the stairs backwards.

You might have thought, given Harry’s self-declared sensitivity, that this difficulty would elicit some sympathy from him.

Far from it. Instead, he stands at the bottom of the stairs and does ‘mocking little dances’ and ‘makes faces’ at her discomfort.

It was bad enough to do it at the time without describing it in his book now. I bet he's used her real name and all.
So much for preaching kindness. Endorsing bullying, who'd have thought it? 🤔

How many people have seen this book and decided that stories like this were a good idea?

Reactions: 12

How many people have seen this book and decided that stories like this were a good idea?
He's literally just a cash machine to whoever is around him now. Nobody cares about what's best for him.

Maybe when we see the full book he'll say he feels bad about it now or something but it's cruel to even include it. Whoever knows that woman will recognise her from his description. Even to say now that she's not much of a thing doesn't indicate that he's feeling remorseful about it anyway.

Reactions: 7
I just saw an ex soldier on sky news saying that Harry has PTSD and we should be wrapping him up in a bubble instead of criticising him and that his self destructive behaviour is a cry for help. I think he could have PTSD but it's a bit unfair to PTSD sufferers to blame all his behaviour on that. He clearly has a nasty, petty, vindictive side.

I hope the interviewers ask him some proper questions next week. Surely they'll look like idiots if they don't now that there's so much negative info out there.
Aren't at least 2 of them pre-recorded?

Reactions: 1
The Queen is very much to blame for all this playing favourites. Good parents/grandparents don’t do that.

I’m not one who believes she was all that as a monarch either, but even so, she was a much better Head of State than she was head of family. A lot of the mess over the decades could have been avoided if she and Phillip had been emotionally wiser.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I think there's 3 options for Meghan's involvement with this book.
1. She's as deluded as Harry and thought the book would come across well.
2. She knew it made him look bad but didn't intervene.
3. She tried to intervene but he wouldn't listen. (Not likely imo)

None of those scenarios paint their marriage in a good light. I can see her ditching him if his public image nosedives after this. She could say she never read it but that's not believable at all. Whether intentionally or not, she's toxic for him and they're toxic together.
some earlier postings suggest that a lot of the flowery language parts were written by her

Reactions: 3
I just saw an ex soldier on sky news saying that Harry has PTSD and we should be wrapping him up in a bubble instead of criticising him and that his self destructive behaviour is a cry for help. I think he could have PTSD but it's a bit unfair to PTSD sufferers to blame all his behaviour on that. He clearly has a nasty, petty, vindictive side.

I hope the interviewers ask him some proper questions next week. Surely they'll look like idiots if they don't now that there's so much negative info out there.
He seems pretty blasé about the whole thing to have PTSD. Pressing the weapons buttons in his helicopter was like "playing Xbox". Taking out the "chess pieces". I doubt he even saw any close combat. His comments about the people he killed, be they Taliban or possible civilians, rival Shamima Begum's flippancy about seeing heads in bins.

Aren't at least 2 of them pre-recorded?
2 were recorded last week I think and the other 2 are going to be live or at least recorded after the book leaked so I hope the questions will be tougher. It's getting harder for interviewers to just ask him the questions he wants to be asked surely?
some earlier postings suggest that a lot of the flowery language parts were written by her
They weren't written by Harry anyway!

Reactions: 5
It seems like Harry has unleash 20 odd years of repressed feelings in one book.

I’m sure the Royals are going to take kindly to be compared to Muslim fanatics like ISIS, who are described as a ‘death cult’.

Finally, he’s mentioned Andrew
View attachment 1864876
Such natural dialogue 🤪
I really hope its the translation, otherwise that ghostwriter should never put pen to paper again and go find himself another dayjob quick.

Reactions: 2
I thought the peeing his pants story that I saw on Twitter yday was made up but it's not. This is from the BBC:

Prince Harry recalled the moment he wet his pants just hours before he was due to meet Meghan for their first date. The duke said he was out at sea for a racing competition on a boat that didn't have a toilet when the accident occurred
Writing about the ordeal, he said: "All I cared about was jumping into the water, washing off the pee from my trousers and getting back to London as fast as possible where I was about to start my real race."

What man would pee their pants then jump in the water to wash it off instead of just peeing in the water in the first place?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Mmm I’ll ok I ll
2 were recorded last week I think and the other 2 are going to be live or at least recorded after the book leaked so I hope the questions will be tougher. It's getting harder for interviewers to just ask him the questions he wants to be asked surely?

They weren't written by Harry anyway!

I doubt the questions will be tough or live. I’ll absolutely come here and apologise if I’m wrong. The whole problem with Harold is he has never heard the word no. He’s spent his whole life surrounded by bowing sycophants - the minute he doesn’t get his own way, he turns into a petulant toddler. Bonnie Langford style - give me what I want or I’ll squeam and I’ll squeam and I’ll squeam. (Showing my age). Boy he is screaming at the mo!

I never thought I’d say this but I feel sorry for Meghan. She’s tied herself to a pathetic man child. They could have done so much good. Raised awareness for causes, travelled the world charming everyone in their path. They could have been the modern anti stuffy royals they supposedly wanted. Turns out their only currency now is moaning and surely with ever diminishing returns.

Reactions: 13
Regarding Charlotte and Louis and the RF needing to be careful with them…( sorry I can’t find the poster who said about them now).

I think there is a huge difference with their upbringings. Everything I’ve read from Harry’s book suggests that William can see that Harry is absolutely fucked and needs help. I think he learns from past mistakes and that he will be doing everything he can to make sure it doesn’t happen to his kids.

I also think the Middleton’s will be making a huge difference. William is supposed to have said that he absolutely loves spending time with the Middletons because it’s completely removed from royal life and just what he thinks a normal family is and should be.

I think Carol spenda lot of time with the 3 kids, taking them to the beach etc. Although they obviously understand the RF they do not have the same pressure that the RF do, nor that Diana’s family did as aristocracy in the 80’s when people cared about it a bit more.

They also brought up 3 kids who seem to get on well and support each other. They’ve never ever said a word about anyone or anything. I think that the family support network of them will probably make a huge difference.

I’m not saying the Middletons are angels or anything, just that I think it will make a huge difference to the way those 3 children are brought up and how they see themselves.
Additionally it might help that there’s two of them under the umbrella of ‘spare’ not that I think it would have mattered as I feel there’s a clear difference in how they have been raised. Charles was heir apparent from the age of around 4? Whereas William didn’t have that until last year.

Reactions: 5

Yel

I feeel Meghan will be furious and humiliated that Harry was mocked on Jimmy Kimmel. These are the Hollywood types she’d want onside
She's still got all the time to distance herself from harry and all this mess.

She'd be furious if Kimmel did a skit mocking her, but that's not going to happen.

Harry pictures his life in the state's forever more, but everyone he's got around him there could easily turn on him.

Reactions: 6
"Psychedelic drugs also helped me. I had experimented with them throughout the years, for simple pleasure, but now I had started to take them for therapy, like medicine,” he writes in the translated Spanish edition of his memoir.

He says it allowed him to see “another world beyond my very limited sensory perception” and he reflects that many philosophers say that “our daily life is an illusion”.

Another quote from the BBC. I'm interested to see the extent of his drug use. This sounds like he was taking drugs frequently as an adult and it's clearly affected his understanding of the world. He sounds like he's in a hippy cult. Imagine if he did get kicked out of America over it.

That story about that poor woman is absolutely sickening. I get that children can be mean and lack sympathy (although I wouldn't say maliciously ridiculing and targeting a disabled person so cruelly is normal even for a kid), but surely as an adult you'd be able to discuss it in a way that's more compassionate towards the people involved. It wasn't necessary to give such a detailed and unpleasant description of this lady and it honestly sounds so dismissive, like the fact that she was "ugly" and in poor health somehow justifies the bullying even looking back on it as an adult.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I’m actually completely mindblown that he thought this book would get people on side. Every story that comes out is worse than the last, no sane person would admit to any of this tit, so I can only conclude he is seriously mentally unwell or such a horrific person that he really just doesn’t see any of it for what it is. It’s also made me see William in a positive light I never have before, so he’s really fucked that one. I feel so sorry for his family, it must be hell being on the receiving end of this while watching someone you love implode like this on such a huge public scale, plus trying to take you down with them. Sharing such personal moments too even down to the wording 😔 He is absolutely wicked.

This should be a lesson to them though that if you raise someone to believe they are untouchable and better than everyone else, they will start to believe it. He’s been enabled his entire life but also controlled enough to protect him from his actions, then he finds the perfect person to exploit his weaknesses and set him “free” but all he’s free from is his family saving him from himself.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.