The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been wondering who the hell was advising them that this at any point was a great idea, did not one single person with some level of intelligence suggest that maybe it needed editing. Especially given the recent passing of the Queen and it been clear that there was actually a large affection for the monarchy as a whole. Yes you can dislike individuals (Andrew) but it doesn’t mean the likes of Anne doesn’t do good work. Do you think they were ever spoken to about the tone of the book and the potential backlash from it? Or were they just ignorant of any actual decent advise. As I see it I really haven’t read any major change of opinion from either groups of supporters.

Reactions: 8
I think the headlines would have been much the same next week anyway. The leak took away the impact of the stories on fighting with William and the Nazi costume though. The papers should have been full of that over the weekend and the interviews on Sunday would have made a bigger impact too. The William story would have been huge without the leak. I still think people would have been laughing at the necklace etc but there would have been articles about violence and abuse as well just to stretch the coverage out and vary the tone a bit.
I think the only way Harry can fix this now is to have a mental breakdown and check in to rehab. I wonder if that's why Meghan wanted to check in somewhere back in 2018 - it's a classic celeb pr move if things are going against them and she was getting bad press at the time.
Meghan's suicidal thoughts are another thing we haven't heard about in the book yet. The papers must be holding something back for tomorrow's headlines.
Or she's saving for her own memoirs

Perhaps the woman who took his virginity, Courtney Cox, William’s best friends, etc would have preferred him not to have told their stories on his terms for money. Why is it ok for him to divulge stories about others but not the other way?
Because in his head the narrative would be everyone saying ‘oh, poor Harry. What he had to put up with. They wouldn’t even let him be his brother’s proper best man/gave him the smallest room in the castle/gave him a biro for Christmas‘ not the reaction he got which was a combination of laughter. eye rolling and you’ve no idea about the real world have you

Reactions: 11
Been wondering who the hell was advising them that this at any point was a great idea, did not one single person with some level of intelligence suggest that maybe it needed editing. Especially given the recent passing of the Queen and it been clear that there was actually a large affection for the monarchy as a whole. Yes you can dislike individuals (Andrew) but it doesn’t mean the likes of Anne doesn’t do good work. Do you think they were ever spoken to about the tone of the book and the potential backlash from it? Or were they just ignorant of any actual decent advise. As I see it I really haven’t read any major change of opinion from either groups of supporters.
According to the Tom Bradbury interview people only question them because those people don’t understand. Clearly they aren’t doing a very good job explaining it!

Reactions: 10
Even if they were given sage advice, they wouldn’t take it. They know best.

I bet every single member of the royal family wants to give Harry a hefty shove now. It has showed the whole family up. This latest episode does shine a light on the nonsense of revering this family. I had a lot of time for the Queen, but the rest of them…! So, in that way Harry has achieved his objective of damaging his family. If this lot lived on a council estate, they would be THAT family. Always scrapping, falling out, dysfunctional.

Reactions: 4
I don't understand the tiara story.

It didn't say why she couldn't have the spencer one.
He implies angela kell stopped it, but it's owned by the Spencer family??

I thought she wanted the one Eugenie had chosen for her wedding and that’s why she was told no.

She was originally going to wear the Spencer one but the Queen offered one of hers. It was one of the Queens that caused the misunderstanding/upset.

Reactions: 3

I think she was going to have it until the Queen offered one of hers. So Meghan dropped the Spencer one and went for one of the Queen’s of her own choice as far as I have read. Angela Kelly was then hard to get hold of for a fitting with the Queen’s one that she ended up using

I bet every single member of the royal family wants to give Harry a hefty shove now. It has showed the whole family up. This latest episode does shine a light on the nonsense of revering this family. I had a lot of time for the Queen, but the rest of them…! So, in that way Harry has achieved his objective of damaging his family. If this lot lived on a council estate, they would be THAT family. Always scrapping, falling out, dysfunctional.
He's lifting the veil on the RF which takes away the mystique. He's only shown them scrapping and falling out with himself though and that's understandable in my eyes!

I think she was going to have it until the Queen offered one of hers. So Meghan dropped the Spencer one and went for one of the Queen’s of her own choice as far as I have read. Angela Kelly was then hard to get hold of for a fitting with the Queen’s one that she ended up using
I don't believe that she'd have a given up a chance to wear a tiara that was associated with Diana on her wedding day. There's something missing with that story.

Reactions: 15
He's lifting the veil on the RF which takes away the mystique. He's only shown them scrapping and falling out with himself though and that's understandable in my eyes!

I don't believe that she'd have a given up a chance to wear a tiara that was associated with Diana on her wedding day. There's something missing with that story.
I agree. When Meghan wore her second “wedding” dress for the reception she made sure we all saw that she was wearing Diana’s aquamarine ring. If she could have worn the tiara Diana wore on her wedding day then she would 100% have worn it.

Reactions: 17
Genuine question, and not in a snarky way - how comes people thing Meghan wants a divorce? It seems like she’s on easy street right now, I wouldn’t have guessed she wants out just yet

Reactions: 2
Thanks.

A bit of a non story isn't it?
Why mention the Spencer one at all when she picked something different..

Thanks.

A bit of a non story isn't it?
Why mention the Spencer one at all when she picked something different..
Because it was an example of Harry changing his wishes to suit the RF and then them moving The goalposts?

I don’t believe it has shown the RF family up. Why would anyone in their right mind believe a one sided tell tell, who behaves like a spoilt man child when he can’t have his own way, the book should have been called ‘Tantrum’s and No Tiara’. If anything I pity the royal family trying to go about their duties whilst having to cope with Harold the horrible constantly throwing tantrums and whinging and whining about how difficult his privileged life is. The book isn’t even fit for toilet paper, it’s the ramblings of an immature, privileged, pillock, he makes the village idiot look like Einstein.
The only people that will feel sorry for Harold are Sussex worshippers and you can bet they wouldn’t think it was okay if a member of their family behaved like that to them, or their loved ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Perhaps the woman who took his virginity, Courtney Cox, William’s best friends, etc would have preferred him not to have told their stories on his terms for money. Why is it ok for him to divulge stories about others but not the other way?
If people are guessing rightly regarding her she already sold the story of them kissing in a field, etc.

And nobody is stopping others divulging their stories about Harry.

Genuine question, and not in a snarky way - how comes people thing Meghan wants a divorce? It seems like she’s on easy street right now, I wouldn’t have guessed she wants out just yet
I don't think so either. She's not going to get anyone as high profile as Harry again and I think she likes having the platform he provides.

This was my thinking too.
These yachting stories are nonsense. If they were true the RF would know all about it AnD have vetoed their relationship. I say this, having first hand knowledge that Pippa’s previous boyfriend (whom I worked with) was investigated and security checks run on him before they were officially an item.

Reactions: 13
I don’t believe it has shown the RF family up. Why would anyone in their right mind believe a one sided tell tell, who behaves like a spoilt man child when he can’t have his own way, the book should have been called ‘Tantrum’s and No Tiara’. If anything I pity the royal family trying to go about their duties whilst having to cope with Harold the horrible constantly throwing tantrums and whinging and whining about how difficult his privileged life is. The book isn’t even fit for toilet paper, it’s the ramblings of an immature, privileged, pillock, he makes the village idiot look like Einstein.
The only people that will feel sorry for Harold are Sussex worshippers and you can bet they wouldn’t think it was okay if a member of their family behaved like that to them, or their loved ones.
It shows them up to be just flawed humans like the rest of us. So why worship them? That’s the showing up I meant.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.