The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad the Queen isn’t around to see this.
Latest story in the mail is W was drunk at his wedding.

Harold needs to shut the duck up now! Absolute man child.
To be fair to Harry, if you read the article that's not what he actually said. He said that he could smell the rum from the night before on his breath in the morning when they were going out to greet the public.

Reactions: 4
The only person on the base not tested. There’s privilege for you right there.

Definitely a privilege that he didn’t actually have to report into his seniors, they couldn’t even question him if he nipped off due to his position.

Reactions: 8
To be fair to Harry, if you read the article that's not what he actually said. He said that he could smell the rum from the night before on his breath in the morning when they were going out to greet the public.
Harry wrote that "Willy, already tipsy from the rum, shouted: 'Let's go down and see them!'."

Also William wasn't pleased about not having his choice of wedding attire, 'he wanted to wear the cavalry uniform and frock coat of the Royal Guards, he was made to wear the "the bright red uniform of the Irish Guards," Harry recounted'

(Above from the mirror)

I don't know military/royal protocols, but interesting that Harry was then allowed to wear what William couldn't at his own wedding (revenge/one up or simply times changed?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
It's just so unnecessary. Margaret's behaviour wouldn't have affected Harry in the same way as the behaviour of his immediate family. She had her own issues and she's dead. What's the point of slating her now? Even if I felt the need to write a book bashing my family, I wouldn't include a great aunt who wasn't very nice to me when I was young. I doubt she treated him any differently to the rest of the youngsters around at the time.
The biro was a nice touch though.
so, you got a ropey, thoughtless Christmas present, Harry.
Join the club.
I got a dishcloth once from my gran. It was from a pack of 2. My cousin got the other one.
it is now family lore … we got more fun from that than anything else.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Harry wrote that "Willy, already tipsy from the rum, shouted: 'Let's go down and see them!'."
That's not in the DM. I like that version better though!

The biro was a nice touch though.
so, you got a ropey, thoughtless Christmas present, Harry.
Join the club.
I got a dishcloth once from my gran. It was from a pack of 2. My cousin got the other one.
it is now family lore … we got more fun from that than anything else.
We know pens are a big deal in the RF! And she probably gave William a fountain pen!

Last edited:
  • Haha
That's not in the DM. I like that version better though!

We know pens are a big deal in the RF! And she probably gave William a fountain pen!
Who knows which version is true until true book is released 😄

Laughing at fountain pen, they will forever be Charles arch-enemy!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I find disturbing how sad he was when his brother got married. It shows how insecure he is - which is understandable as he lost his mum at a young age. But dealing with your trauma it's learning that's ok, people around us will make other strong bounds, it doesn't mean they love you less.

Then he talks quite a lot about his dream to form a foursome with William, Kate and his future. The reaction of his brother is quite condescending but again it's a bit weird idea - aren't you supposed to want to lead your own life with your partner and be on your own, with your own projects? It shows either again insecurity or that he really thought he just needed to marry to be put on an equal foot with the Cambridge couple. But that was foolish to think that was a possibility. It's the nature of a monarchy to be ruled with a strict hierarchy. It seems like he have always wanted to escape the way the monarchy is functioning. It's quite delusionnal from him.

It's quite interesting to see that he's always been scared to lose people in his life - maybe that fear was so strong that it lead him to burn bridges. It's quite common people with this quite of deep insecurities decides to choose to destroy those relationships. It makes them feel in control. They think they cannot avoid rejection but at least they could choose how it would happen. This book seems to be a good exemple.

Last thing, it's quite disturbing to see that many rumors that the tabloid press was relaying were actually quite true. I always thought that it was a lot of bs to get some clickbait and antagonise the different members of the RF because it sells. But Harry shows how truly the RF is disfunctional.

Reactions: 14

Yel

Definitely a privilege that he didn’t actually have to report into his seniors, they couldn’t even question him if he nipped off due to his position.
Didn't his Eaton teacher write essays for him so that he could even get into the military?

He's been indulged his whole life to a ridiculous level.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Diana obviously made him feel part of a gang. When she died he clung to William. But William had another path, one where at some point he had to learn to be a heir. He had to grow up. Harry says X was taking my brother away, Y was diverting my brother’s attention. He sees that as a betrayal, particularly W’s acceptance of Camilla. I think it was telling that he said that William looked older when he saw him after Phililp’s funeral, looked less like Diana. Obviously drew some comfort before that his brother looked so like his mum.

• Sick
Diana obviously made him feel part of a gang. When she died he clung to William. But William had another path, one where at some point he had to learn to be a heir. He had to grow up. Harry says X was taking my brother away, Y was diverting my brother’s attention. He sees that as a betrayal, particularly W’s acceptance of Camilla. I think it was telling that he said that William looked older when he saw him after Phililp’s funeral, looked less like Diana. Obviously drew some comfort before that his brother looked so like his mum.
It's natural for siblings to grow apart as they get older. Everyone gets their own interests and their own families and their own group of friends. The way he writes about William early on you can tell he really loves him so it's really sad that they've ended up like this. Harry saying in the interview that the RF need to take accountability but I really do think he's treated them worse than they've ever treated him. I'm still not clear on what he wants them to take accountability for?
I think I will read the book. I'd prefer to get the story as written and I'm interested in the brothers relationship.

Reactions: 15
so many Grooms will have smelt the same on the morning of their wedding up and down the UK! .... Harry its a shame you didn't disclose that you smelt of shite after all your still spewing it!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Didn't his Eaton teacher write essays for him so that he could even get into the military?

He's been indulged his whole life to a ridiculous level.
He is not unusual in that though. The whole of the Royal Family have been indulged their whole lives, with their every whim indulged and catered for. Harry is a product of his upbringing, just as the rest of them. Its only when they fall from grace that we find out just how pampered and spoilt they are. The rest is hidden, no matter how 'Just like you' they pretend to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Apologies if already quoted but this article! Apparently M is very cheap to run 😂, doesn’t eat much and can make her own clothes 😆

She did end up costing Charles a lot of money in clothes!
Neither side of this argument make sense. Charles could well afford to support her and Harry's describing Meghan as a novel and resplendent royal dominating the monarchy is nonsense too.

Reactions: 4

Yel

He is not unusual in that though. The whole of the Royal Family have been indulged their whole lives, with their every whim indulged and catered for. Harry is a product of his upbringing, just as the rest of them. Its only when they fall from grace that we find out just how pampered and spoilt they are. The rest is hidden.
Agree, although I think it's slightly different with Harry as he doesn't seem to have any clue of all the advantages he's had, but will drone on about the disadvantages.

Others would know to keep their mouth shut as they're in a glass house.

Reactions: 7
He's full of anger and resentment, would never choose him as a friend.
Good god, no. And even if he already was, you’d start grey-rocking pretty quickly at this point. I hope Eugenie already has; if not I can see her – who only holds the finest veneer of public acceptance in the first place – reaping the consequences. She has to choose her side now; no-one can remain on both.

That’s going to hurt Lady Sarah Chatto. She’s close with the Princes - I mean she knew what he mum was like but to have it in print like this?
I wonder how he expected to release this with the Queen alive. These stories would have finished her off.
Lady Sarah has always shown such class too so it‘s sad that she will be hurt by the petty revenge of Horrid Harry. 😞

So he even holds a grudge against his dead great aunt. She might not be charming but frankly neither is he, 2 petulant people of privilege!

He's full of anger and resentment, would never choose him as a friend.
It would be a one sided friendship, one where your role would be to be a sponge soaking up all his complaints and gripes. No reciprocation, asking how the friend was. It would be about him and his petty worries all the bloody time. At first you might be flattered that a member of the RF was offloading onto you, but it would very quickly get boring.

Apologies if already quoted but this article! Apparently M is very cheap to run 😂, doesn’t eat much and can make her own clothes 😆

She’s a modern day Maria Von Trapp - I bet the Queen feared for her curtains at windsor! 😆

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.