The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder if he discusses his FIL or is it only attack the royal family side

Reactions: 2

Yel

Oh dear. Harry will be his most incandescent that people aren't having the reaction he wanted.

He was probably bad enough to be around but becoming a full on figure of ridicule will probably make him spiral.

Reactions: 5
Probably saving that for Meghan’s tell all book next year.
She just needs to rewrite Little mermaid (her fave Disney princess) replace Ariel with Meghan, evil Ursula with Catherine, William the king triton who says no to her requests for freedom and Harry can be the haddock. She finds her voice whilst singing to seals under the sea, .

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Honestly Harry just made my 2023/24 deathpool. A narcissist with an IQ of 2 who's alienated his family and found himself an international laughing stock is not going to be a stable person.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Maybe he
Oh dear. Harry will be his most incandescent that people aren't having the reaction he wanted.

He was probably bad enough to be around but becoming a full on figure of ridicule will probably make him spiral.
Maybe he thinks that the official release will make things better. Maybe some of the stories won't sound so bad in context. He was only meant to be doing 2 interviews but he's got a couple more lined up for next week now so he's obviously coming out fighting. I think if he can't manage to get his side across next week and the ridicule continues then he's going to take it very badly. Really, once you start to be ridiculed like this it's very hard to turn it around. Jimmy Fallon has another sketch about him and his frozen todger so Americans are laughing at him too. His family must be furious with him and at the same time sad to see what a figure of ridicule he's made himself into.

I've just seen there that's he's written about Princess Margaret that she was cold, could kill a house plant with one scowl, gave him a biro for Christmas and that he felt nothing for her and stayed out of her way. I'm sure Margaret was difficult - that's well documented - and I'm not surprised to hear she hadn't got much of a relationship with Harry but she's dead now and she can't have had much impact on Harry even when she was alive so this seems unnecessary. The Queen would have hated it and it's not nice for her children to read. What was the point of including it at all, if not to add another petty grievance to the list. It's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for content.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I would imagine that Harry and Meghan are very down now. There is no way they haven’t been checking how it has all landed. If the US have started to mock them, it will really hit home the massive mistake they have been made. I genuinely think they thought they were going to establish an alternative court, first here in the UK within the RF, and then when they stropped off, over there in US. It’s said that Meghan has political leanings in US. She won’t be going anywhere politically shacked to him. Not that I think she has much of a chance in any case.

Reactions: 8
The problem with this leak is that even once the book is out on Tuesday and more context is given to some of the stories, they're all already out there now. I can't see the press issuing article after article saying "oh actually what Harry meant was this, not what we reported last week" can you?

I'm interested to see how these interviews go down now, obviously they had been set up to be delivered BEFORE people knew what was in the book, kinda makes them seem pointless now.

Also, and sorry for the essay, it's very interesting that the William/Harry/Dog bowl fight was the "leaked" extract to the Guardian. Had the Spanish version not been on sale and leaked out, the fight story and the Nazi costume being Will and Kate's idea would have been the only ones out in the public domain all week. You can't tell me that's a coincidence. I stand by the fact that it was part of the strategy to leak them out and they chose the two extracts that made W&K look bad. Shame it didn't quite work out how he planned....

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’d bet anything he finds a way to blame the poor reception of his book on the evil BRF that leaked it to press early. And then complains about the lack of accountability.

Reactions: 10

Yel

Maybe some of the stories won't sound so bad in context. He was only meant to be doing 2 interviews but he's got a couple more lined up for next week now so he's obviously coming out fighting.
It seems too late to turn it around, even if stuff doesn't look so bad in context or without a dodgy translation I doubt many will re-evaluate.

It seems to be a book full of everything that's ever caused him to feel annoyed for a few seconds. This is not how you serve revenge.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The problem with this leak is that even once the book is out on Tuesday and more context is given to some of the stories, they're all already out there now. I can't see the press issuing article after article saying "oh actually what Harry meant was this, not what we reported last week" can you?

I'm interested to see how these interviews go down now, obviously they had been set up to be delivered BEFORE people knew what was in the book, kinda makes them seem pointless now.

Also, and sorry for the essay, it's very interesting that the William/Harry/Dog bowl fight was the "leaked" extract to the Guardian. Had the Spanish version not been on sale and leaked out, the fight story and the Nazi costume being Will and Kate's idea would have been the only ones out in the public domain all week. You can't tell me that's a coincidence. I stand by the fact that it was part of the strategy to leak them out and they chose the two extracts that made W&K look bad. Shame it didn't quite work out how he planned....
The leak ruined their pr strategy for the book.

Reactions: 6
I've just seen there that's he's written about Princess Margaret that she was cold, could kill a house plant with one scowl, gave him a biro for Christmas and that he felt nothing for her and stayed out of her way. I'm sure Margaret was difficult - that's well documented - and I'm not surprised to hear she hadn't got much of a relationship with Harry but she's dead now and she can't have had much impact on Harry even when she was alive so this seems unnecessary. The Queen would have hated it and it's not nice for her children to read. What was the point of including it at all, if not to add another petty grievance to the list. It's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for content.
That’s going to hurt Lady Sarah Chatto. She’s close with the Princes - I mean she knew what he mum was like but to have it in print like this?
I wonder how he expected to release this with the Queen alive. These stories would have finished her off.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
It seems too late to turn it around, even if stuff doesn't look so bad in context or without a dodgy translation I doubt many will re-evaluate.

It seems to be a book full of everything that's ever caused him to feel annoyed for a few seconds. This is not how you serve revenge.
It does seem irredeemable at this stage. Even if you account for the tabloids picking the most sensational bits and the dodgy translations, Harry comes across as spoilt, petty and jealous. That's not a good look.

Reactions: 9
For me it's the fact that this is his memoir and yet there are so many stories that have nothing to do with him (I saw one last night that Charles and Camilla wanted Catherine to spell her name with K? And that Charles loves Kate's hair? I mean, who doesn't)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That’s going to hurt Lady Sarah Chatto. She’s close with the Princes - I mean she knew what he mum was like but to have it in print like this?
I wonder how he expected to release this with the Queen alive. These stories would have finished her off.
It's just so unnecessary. Margaret's behaviour wouldn't have affected Harry in the same way as the behaviour of his immediate family. She had her own issues and she's dead. What's the point of slating her now? Even if I felt the need to write a book bashing my family, I wouldn't include a great aunt who wasn't very nice to me when I was young. I doubt she treated him any differently to the rest of the youngsters around at the time.

Reactions: 12
Lady Jane Grey and her husband were beheaded for treason, potentially he may have known a lot more about the attempt to bypass Mary I though they were technically pawns in the situation. Back then you had some form of relationship/friendship with a traitor then you needed to be wary.
To be fair, in those the Thing most likely to get you executed for treason was being from a line with a better claim to the crown. Henry VIII had Margaret Pole (and her son) executed basically just for being Plantagenets.

Reactions: 1
So glad the Queen isn’t around to see this.
Latest story in the mail is W was drunk at his wedding.

Harold needs to shut the duck up now! Absolute man child.

Reactions: 10
Now he says he wasn’t really William’s best man - two of William’s friends did the speeches. That tells me that William and Charles, whilst loving Harry, thought he was not up to the task. What the book reiterates is that Harry is not intellectual in any way. He cannot compute that he just wasn’t as important as others in the institution but genuinely thinks he should be. Bagging an articulate woman like Meghan must have felt like winning the lottery for him. He was punching above his level. He assumed that having a partner like her would elevate him to the same level as Kate and William. He must have sold this idea to Meghan. And then the reality is they were welcomed but not allowed to steal the show, and for narcs like Harry and Meghan, that was a monumental blow to their egos. So if they can’t lead the RF, they want to destroy it. But what they are doing is destroying themselves. The RF is a juggernaut that keeps on going. Meghan and Harry are getting run over. If Meghan has any feelings for Harry, she should tell him to stop now. It’s over. They need to forge a new way of living, one not reliant on telling tales or looking backwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So he even holds a grudge against his dead great aunt. She might not be charming but frankly neither is he, 2 petulant people of privilege!

He's full of anger and resentment, would never choose him as a friend.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.