The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to frequent that website a few years ago!! They really go in hard on some Royals!
They hated Kate before 2017. :sneaky: :giggle: And they hated Sofia Helquist becaause of nude photos and reality show. I find it interesting that so many women on that forum are coming from USA, Australia and Scandinavia and yet they are very judgmental of other women. It's ok to dish on work ethic and overspending, but there was too much slut shaming and body shaming.

Reactions: 9
I also think there is a rule that the RF is not allowed to accept gifts or discounts like that. There is obviously some wiggle room with bespoke pieces

Reactions: 5
I also think there is a rule that the RF is not allowed to accept gifts or discounts like that. There is obviously some wiggle room with bespoke pieces
Yes I heard that and that's where Meghan clashed with the policy with her coming from celebrity circles where they do accept freebies and paid to wear.

Kate is PR for for Jenny Packham. Not a criticism but it won't do Packhams brand any harm to say they dress the now Princess of Wales
How many times does Kate carry a bag and the article says ‘now sold out’ … it’s absolute money to the brand to get it attached to a Royal.

I thought had a rule that they had to pay full price and can't accept freebies?
Who decides what ‘full price’ is though? I think the only criteria is they can’t be ‘gifted’ … but they can be ‘on loan’.
In the event of them being bought there are probably all sorts of discount wheezes to get the price down (or in the case of the Queen Mother, just ignore completely).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
From what I have always gathered, things such as clothes, lifestyle, homes etc are funded "privately" so for William and Kate and Harry and Meghan that was via an allowance from Charles from the Duchy of Cornwall. Everyone else (Anne, Edward, Sophie etc) received there's from the Duchy of Lancaster via the Queen.

Now Charles is in charge of the Duchy of Lancaster (I think that's it's name?) and William the Duchy of Cornwall. The latter was set up as a source of income to the heir and their family so even if Harry and Meghan were still working royals, they would now receive money via Charles and the Duchy of Lancaster and not via William and the Duchy of Cornwall.

My guess is that it's done on a financial year basis so really there's no change until April when William will take full control of the DofC. Will be interesting to see if we notice a significant ramp up in the Wales's spending now they will have significantly more funds at their disposal or if they will stick to the allowance amount they've received from Charles in the past.

It's all murky line because it's not taxpayer money, it is private income earned via the Duchy, but of course they wouldn't have access to it if they weren't who they are. I'd like to see more on the Duchy and what William does with it now he's "in charge" it has good potential.

From what I have always gathered, things such as clothes, lifestyle, homes etc are funded "privately" so for William and Kate and Harry and Meghan that was via an allowance from Charles from the Duchy of Cornwall. Everyone else (Anne, Edward, Sophie etc) received there's from the Duchy of Lancaster via the Queen.

Now Charles is in charge of the Duchy of Lancaster (I think that's it's name?) and William the Duchy of Cornwall. The latter was set up as a source of income to the heir and their family so even if Harry and Meghan were still working royals, they would now receive money via Charles and the Duchy of Lancaster and not via William and the Duchy of Cornwall.

My guess is that it's done on a financial year basis so really there's no change until April when William will take full control of the DofC. Will be interesting to see if we notice a significant ramp up in the Wales's spending now they will have significantly more funds at their disposal or if they will stick to the allowance amount they've received from Charles in the past.

It's all murky line because it's not taxpayer money, it is private income earned via the Duchy, but of course they wouldn't have access to it if they weren't who they are. I'd like to see more on the Duchy and what William does with it now he's "in charge" it has good potential.
The spending is, of course an issue, but also the environmental impact of so much profligacy and waste. What happens to all the clothes once they have been worn once? William really needs to put his money where his mouth is on environmental issues and demonstrate that he and his family are taking environmental issues seriously. Not just one highly publicised rented dress out of 100 and not one commercial flight, again highly publicised and set up as a PR opportunity amongst several helicopter and private jet flights. Otherwise its all 'Do as I say so we can do what we like'

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The spending is, of course an issue, but also the environmental impact of so much profligacy and waste. What happens to all the clothes once they have been worn once? William really needs to put his money where his mouth is on environmental issues and demonstrate that he and his family are taking environmental issues seriously. Not just one highly publicised rented dress out of 100 and not one commercial flight, again highly publicised and set up as a PR opportunity amongst several helicopter and private jet flights. Otherwise its all 'Do as I say so we can do what we like'
It would also be nice to see Louis in hand downs from George, they are close enough in age that there is no reason why there shouldn't be something left behind.

If the royals have to pay full price, then why doesn't Kate use this money to buy items from smaller brands, yes the exposure is great for packham, mcqueen but these are established brands. I'd much rather see her spend money on unknown brands which will no doubt be slightly cheaper too

Reactions: 14
It would also be nice to see Louis in hand downs from George, they are close enough in age that there is no reason why there shouldn't be something left behind.

If the royals have to pay full price, then why doesn't Kate use this money to buy items from smaller brands, yes the exposure is great for packham, mcqueen but these are established brands. I'd much rather see her spend money on unknown brands which will no doubt be slightly cheaper too
You do see all the Royal children in hand me downs, between the children of the cousins too.

Reactions: 8

weren't the shorts that Louis wore at Christmas ones that George wore previously?

You do see all the Royal children in hand me downs, between the children of the cousins too.
yes! I'm sure Lena's coat from christmas this year was once worn by her cousin Isla. The coat that Mia wore to Prince Phillip's thanksgiving service was once Savannah's.

Reactions: 6
The royal kids appear to wear clothes that have been in the attic since the mid 1800’s. That sailor suit is back in the tissue paper waiting for the next victim 3 year old boy.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
weren't the shorts that Louis wore at Christmas ones that George wore previously?

yes! I'm sure Lena's coat from christmas this year was once worn by her cousin Isla. The coat that Mia wore to Prince Phillip's thanksgiving service was once Savannah's.
I did not know this, good to see this I'd happening

Reactions: 1
Apparently Angela Kelley used to ‘wear in’ The Queen’s shoes
Was The Queen’s wardrobe cost ever published annually? Guess there was wiggle room there due to AK making everything in house

Reactions: 3

Hasn't Sophie worn clothes from students from the London College of Fashion before? I think that would be great - use her fame to promote new and up and coming designers especially those who wouldn't otherwise be able to get that kind of PR.

Reactions: 7
Kate was at an awards event for fashion (something the Queen awarding stuff) and wore a dress by a relatively new and unknown designer. The idea of the dress was nice but on K it looked extremely ill fitting and the belt dragged the material down. That’s not exactly the kind of attention you would want kn your design because it looked as if the designer chose to mix the wrong materials in construction the dress.

Reactions: 2
Kate was at an awards event for fashion (something the Queen awarding stuff) and wore a dress by a relatively new and unknown designer. The idea of the dress was nice but on K it looked extremely ill fitting and the belt dragged the material down. That’s not exactly the kind of attention you would want kn your design because it looked as if the designer chose to mix the wrong materials in construction the dress.
I doubt that's the reason because Kate has worn some horrific clothes over the years by established designers like those Erdem dresses which didn't suit her at all. I think she just doesn't have an interest in fashion so sticks to what she knows of what someone is telling her

Reactions: 11
I doubt that's the reason because Kate has worn some horrific clothes over the years by established designers like those Erdem dresses which didn't suit her at all. I think she just doesn't have an interest in fashion so sticks to what she knows of what someone is telling her
I think it was a mix. The dress definitely didn’t fit her well- either because it’s designed for another build or she wore the wrong size. The massive buckle did pull the fabric in an unfortunate way though. This might not be as obvious with a better fit. I think it was way too loose and that’s why the belt had not resting point on her body (hips) and it’s whole weight dragged it down.
If this happens with an established brand it’s unfortunate but not as bad as if that‘s the first and only impression people get. In regards to Erdem: I don’t think K is a good pr for them. If I go with what she has worn, they are good at classic conservative uk mother of the bride styles. The rest looks awful. She has worn many a handful of nice dresses but the majority is plain ugly. I have no idea why she seems to pick the most unflattering stuff they have. My favourite is actually the 60s style green dress and cost MM wore.

Reactions: 3
I think it was a mix. The dress definitely didn’t fit her well- either because it’s designed for another build or she wore the wrong size. The massive buckle did pull the fabric in an unfortunate way though. This might not be as obvious with a better fit. I think it was way too loose and that’s why the belt had not resting point on her body (hips) and it’s whole weight dragged it down.
If this happens with an established brand it’s unfortunate but not as bad as if that‘s the first and only impression people get. In regards to Erdem: I don’t think K is a good pr for them. If I go with what she has worn, they are good at classic conservative uk mother of the bride styles. The rest looks awful. She has worn many a handful of nice dresses but the majority is plain ugly. I have no idea why she seems to pick the most unflattering stuff they have. My favourite is actually the 60s style green dress and cost MM wore.
Does someone have a pic of the dress being discussed?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.