The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Or, as is well documented, Charles could have paid for them.
That was definitely the case when he was POW but I think that has changed now that the income of the Duchy goes into Wiliams purse. After all, that’s exactly what it’s for.

I don’t think the theory that royal ladies spend a lot in their first year because they are buying up clothes is true because surely the prices of Kate’s spending should go down?

Reactions: 2
That was definitely the case when he was POW but I think that has changed now that the income of the Duchy goes into Wiliams purse. After all, that’s exactly what it’s for.
I know - but I think the amounts being spoken about were pre-September so deffo Charles. You’d certainly hope William is now responsible.

Reactions: 1
Did anyone watch Prince Andrew The Musical on channel 4?
Brilliant! Watched it twice already.

Highlights for me included the ref to the Navy screensaver, the ‘Will you be my ex wife’ scenes and the voiceover.

Most of it was hilarious. Maggie Thatcher and Tony Blair not so much. And the first Fergie song wasn’t as strong as the others imo, but see that was the highlight to some other ppl on Twutter.

Love a bit of satire. Channel 4 is fab to have done it – viva!

Reactions: 8
Continue here, loyal subjects!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

We were late talking about how much the Royal ladies wardrobes cost.

Also, to reply to a previous message from yesterday (sorry I missed it, have a terrible cold at the moment). I said that I wasn’t sure why the DM was fawning over Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark as she has a bit of a reputation and a few people asked why.

It’s been a awhile since I followed gossip about Mary and other European royals but from what I can remember these a few highlights:
She’s seen as vain and narcissistic, just parades in expensive clothes and has had lots of beauty treatments (fillers etc).

Fred allegedly has substance abuse issues and people don’t think he’s fit to rule. He’s seen as being dirty, unkempt etc, not this swooning fairytale that the media have made their marriage out to be. Why do the media and Royal households insist on this modern fairytale narrative? We had it with Diana and Charles, Kate and Wills, Meghan and Harry. It’s like they know it’s a load of tosh so peddle this fantasy.

She’s known as MeDiana as she has a habit of centring herself. An example being there was a video of a group of Danish royals watching something, she was at the front but she adjusted her hat and moved off to the side away from the group so the cameras all focused on her.

There was a part at her wedding where they were just standing around for a few seconds and it looked awkward and it was because Mary was waiting for her bouquet - she looked kinda pissed whereas Fred was all smiles.

I also think some of this a class issue - they refer to her and her background as bogan which I think is lower class or chav territory? Could be wrong.

What else can I remember. Hmm, I think there was reports that she went on holiday with her family and bought along her life coach.

A big gripe is that doesn’t seem to know a lot about Danish culture, food, history, etc. When she travels abroad to promote Danish culture she gives very broad and bland answers to questions.

That’s all I can remember for now. If anything else comes back to me I’ll add it.
I have heard all this about Mary but mainly from the Royal Dish forums, which focus on the Danish RF, and is a lot of speculation and conjugation! But what really made me 🤨 at Mary were the utterly self-indulgent 50th birthday celebrations this past year. she certainly seems to have a high opinion of herself. She’s not even queen yet but she had more parties and events (including an exhibition on the wonder that is her) than say, Maxima of the Netherlands or Letizia of Spain who actually are queens!

Then her comments about Joachim’s kids losing their titles seemed a bit out of line too, and there was a photo of all of them taken over the summer where the body language said a lot. She was very obviously turning her back on Marie and Joachim, which made me wonder what the relationship was like between them all.

And it’s so strange how she and Marie look SO similar. I wonder what Mary thinks of it? Is it like how Diana was apparently insulted when Sophie Wessex first came on the scene and the press said she resembled her?

• Wow
I have heard all this about Mary but mainly from the Royal Dish forums, which focus on the Danish RF, and is a lot of speculation and conjugation! But what really made me 🤨 at Mary were the utterly self-indulgent 50th birthday celebrations this past year. she certainly seems to have a high opinion of herself. She’s not even queen yet but she had more parties and events (including an exhibition on the wonder that is her) than say, Maxima of the Netherlands or Letizia of Spain who actually are queens!

Then her comments about Joachim’s kids losing their titles seemed a bit out of line too, and there was a photo of all of them taken over the summer where the body language said a lot. She was very obviously turning her back on Marie and Joachim, which made me wonder what the relationship was like between them all.

And it’s so strange how she and Marie look SO similar. I wonder what Mary thinks of it? Is it like how Diana was apparently insulted when Sophie Wessex first came on the scene and the press said she resembled her?
I hadn’t heard much about this family until I read bits & bobs about them on this thread. They manage to make our RF sound *almost* functional!

• Haha
Brilliant! Watched it twice already.

Highlights for me included the ref to the Navy screensaver, the ‘Will you be my ex wife’ scenes and the voiceover.

Most of it was hilarious. Maggie Thatcher and Tony Blair not so much. And the first Fergie song wasn’t as strong as the others imo, but see that was the highlight to some other ppl on Twutter.

Love a bit of satire. Channel 4 is fab to have done it – viva!
That was a funny scene. I'm glad they pointed out all the dodgy stuff like the Trade Envoy business ( although I think they could have gone harder on it as it really showed him up to be the craven and entitled he is, and probably the real reason he wants to go back to foing Royal duties- so that he can get the taxpayer to pay for his golfing trips and private jets again.

Reactions: 5

Didn't someone on here say Joachim had a crush on Mary?

I think the Danish equivalent of The Sun claimed Joachim had tried to kiss Mary but I highly doubt that was true.

Queen Margrethe is a very interesting woman but she doesn’t seem to have ever been particularly maternal. Which must be tricky when your whole job is about producing an heir!

At least K is or was a serial repeater with her shoes (so much people started complaining why she wouldn’t wear different ones).
Can you imagine if you had to wear a brand new pair of shoes everyday? My feet hurt just thinking about it. I bet she wanders around in her Ugg slippers at home ( or the Costco knock offs :ROFLMAO: ).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Can you imagine if you had to wear a brand new pair of shoes everyday? My feet hurt just thinking about it. I bet she wanders around in her Ugg slippers at home ( or the Costco knock offs :ROFLMAO: ).
I’d employ a Shoe Bedder-Inner.
Someone to take off all the rough edges and make sure the Compeed were fully stocked.
much more relevant than a Groom of the Stool.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
is there any proof as to how the wardrobe funds were divided between the royals? As in showing what was spent on each royal? All the articles i've seen just add up the cost of their clothes and guess!

Reactions: 1
is there any proof as to how the wardrobe funds were divided between the royals? As in showing what was spent on each royal? All the articles i've seen just add up the cost of their clothes and guess!
Plus it doesn't take in to account how many freebies or massive discounts they must get. I bet when Kate phones Jenny Packham for a frock she's not being charged full price.

Reactions: 6
Plus it doesn't take in to account how many freebies or massive discounts they must get. I bet when Kate phones Jenny Packham for a frock she's not being charged full price.
Kate is PR for for Jenny Packham. Not a criticism but it won't do Packhams brand any harm to say they dress the now Princess of Wales

Reactions: 4
I thought had a rule that they had to pay full price and can't accept freebies?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.