The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t know why the Daily Mail are fawning over Mary of Denmark, she’s got quite the reputation in Royal circles
👀 👀

To be fair though they’re only gushing about her to have another whack at Meghan. Saying if she did a Meghan she’d have whisked Fred back to Australia and shattered the line of Danish succession. Conveniently forgetting Fred is the actual heir unlike Harry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
👀 👀

To be fair though they’re only gushing about her to have another whack at Meghan. Saying if she did a Meghan she’d have whisked Fred back to Australia and shattered the line of Danish succession. Conveniently forgetting Fred is the actual heir unlike Harry.
Yep stupid comparison, not comparing like with like at all. But comparing Mary with Kate would be too boring

Reactions: 5
Tim Laurence was an equerry which is how he met Anne. He would be considered upper middle class, the son of a naval officer and marine engine salesman. Mark Phillips was similar. Apparently the Laurence family was originally Levy back in the 18th century which aristos probably wouldn't like.
Jewish?

I want to hear the gossip on Mary of Denmark too! Spill!

Reactions: 3
Two centuries back from a single immigrant ancestor. Judaism counts the maternal line, I believe, so surname doesn't necessarily match religion or ethnicity. George and Ben Cohen too in football and rugby; George anyway was C of E and his nephew Ben probably puts that down on forms. Tim Laurence married Anne in the Church of Scotland.

I want to hear the gossip on Mary of Denmark too! Spill!
I haven't heard much about her but Fred wanted to marry someone else before her but wasn't allowed to because they aren't allowed to marry someone Danish (!).

Joachim (the spare) married Alexandra first and I've read that she only married him to get her parents out of Hong Kong (her father is English/HK Chinese). She's apparently a spendthrift party girl now. Marie, his current wife is French. No doubt they will be saying things about her too soon as Joachim, Marie and their family (Alexandra and Joachim's two sons are university ages so may or may not go too) are off to the USA after the title stushie! I wonder if they'll meet up with Harry and Meghan?!

I read a book about the family (Mary's Toxic In Laws) which paints a picture of a pretty disfunctional family - Victorian style parenting but with less interest and interaction than Victoria and Albert except when Henrik was punishing the boys. If it's true, then I wouldn't blame Joachim for thinking sod this for a game of soldiers as they're not getting the royal pros in return for the cons.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Two centuries back from a single immigrant ancestor. Judaism counts the maternal line, I believe, so surname doesn't necessarily match religion or ethnicity. George and Ben Cohen too in football and rugby; George anyway was C of E and his nephew Ben probably puts that down on forms. Tim Laurence married Anne in the Church of Scotland.

I haven't heard much about her but Fred wanted to marry someone else before her but wasn't allowed to because they aren't allowed to marry someone Danish (!).

Joachim (the spare) married Alexandra first and I've read that she only married him to get her parents out of Hong Kong (her father is English/HK Chinese). She's apparently a spendthrift party girl now. Marie, his current wife is French. No doubt they will be saying things about her too soon as Joachim, Marie and their family (Alexandra and Joachim's two sons are university ages so may or may not go too) are off to the USA after the title stushie! I wonder if they'll meet up with Harry and Meghan?!

I read a book about the family (Mary's Toxic In Laws) which paints a picture of a pretty disfunctional family - Victorian style parenting but with less interest and interaction than Victoria and Albert except when Henrik was punishing the boys. If it's true, then I wouldn't blame Joachim for thinking sod this for a game of soldiers as they're not getting the royal pros in return for the cons.
theyre not allowed to marry someone danish?!

She thinks it is detrimental for members of the family to marry Danes. Fred was dating someone else when he met and hooked up with Mary. She had heard Royals were at this bar, and she and her friend snuck in to try and hook up with one of them…

• Wow
Apparently not. The Scandinavian monarchies have had princes and princesses swapped around a lot over the past century, together with various Germans. In both Norway and Sweden, the current kings kicked up a fuss and eventually got things changed so that they could marry their Norwegian and German/Brazilian queens.

Margrethe's mother was Swedish and her sisters Benedicte and Anne Marie married respectively a German Prince and the King of Greece; Margrethe married a Frenchman. Mary is Australian, Alexandra British/HK, and Marie French.

She thinks it is detrimental for members of the family to marry Danes. Fred was dating someone else when he met and hooked up with Mary. She had heard Royals were at this bar, and she and her friend snuck in to try and hook up with one of them…
I'm not sure that that's all that detrimental to Mary. Two unmarried Crown Princes, cute Fred and tall, dark and handsome Haakon of Norway? Fred on the rebound after not being allowed to marry the Danish woman he wanted to ...

Last edited:
I love when things like this are presented about royal brides in a bad way. You’d be hard pressed to find a young single girl that wouldn’t try their hand if someone said “hey there’s two European crown princes at the bar in town, wanna go?”

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love when things like this are presented about royal brides in a bad way. You’d be hard pressed to find a young single girl that wouldn’t try their hand if someone said “hey there’s two European crown princes at the bar in town, wanna go?”
God forbid a woman show interest in a man instead of waiting demurely at home for him to come and get her!!!

Reactions: 13
God forbid a woman show interest in a man instead of waiting demurely at home for him to come and get her!!!
I think it's pretty funny the way her friend tells it. They rubbed chests to see who was hairiest or not. I guess Mary preferred Frederik that night!

I find it gross he was cheating but his mother would never allow him to marry his Danish girlfriend at the time. At least Mary works far more than he does!

Unless she had a poster of him on her wall as a teen, a photo outside his house and a video of some event then she is but a rank amateur and frankly just has’t put the work in.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Until she realise the truth

It may not be paid but I'm sure there are many women in high powered jobs whose employers would allow them once or twice a month to go be lady in waiting, its a great accolade/ press to have that due to the amazing work of an employee they've been selected to be a lady in waiting. Many women take on trustee roles which are unpaid and those in house or Lords have their expenses covered. I refuse to believe in this day and age being lady in waiting to the Queen consort not regent would be so time consuming, particularly when we know Kate does eff all engagements. Camilla ladies in waiting would all be in their 60s 70s so no doubt would already be retired so would be missing out on income
But you have to ask the question, why would any self respecting woman WANT to volunteer to be a lady in waiting? There’s much better and more interesting causes to get involved with.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
But you have to ask the question, why would any self respecting woman WANT to volunteer to be a lady in waiting? There’s much better and more interesting causes to get involved with.
Maybe they would volunteer as that would mean they have the ear of the Queen and maybe influence her to support a charity she's not aware of. Any work these women do for a cause would get more money and exposure if Camilla or Kate show up. Given the support the royals seem to have in this country, I do believe there are a lot of 40+ women who would happily volunteer to be a lady in waiting

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Maybe they would volunteer as that would mean they have the ear of the Queen and maybe influence her to support a charity she's not aware of. Any work these women do for a cause would get more money and exposure if Camilla or Kate. Given the support the royals seem to have in this country, I do believe there are a lot of 40+ women who would happily volunteer to be a lady in waiting
Maybe there are but nobody I know who be remotely interested

Reactions: 1
It's only a certain type of person (rich and posh) who'd want to do it or would be considered for it at the moment. If the main role of a lady in waiting is to greet people and just generally help the Queen then why can't they pay actual assistants to do it and break out of their aristo bubble? Why can't men do it? What's the difference between a lady in waiting and an equerry?

Reactions: 5
Isn’t it wonderful it’s always the women that are scheming to grab a Prince.
And while the men get more of a bad rep nowadays it’s the women that are met with the brunt and especially the moral argument.
I think Daniel and Victoria are the only ones that seem to be really popular, even with the tough crowd.

Reactions: 4
I'm like you, I wouldn't be interested, but looking at the jubilee and the queen's death has made me realise a lot more people fawn over this family than what is proportionate. I can't believe the amount of newspaper space that has been dedicated to this lot over the past few weeks considering the problems we in this country face, people need to get their head out of the sand and hold the media responsible for reporting on things that really don't matter

Isn’t it wonderful it’s always the women that are scheming to grab a Prince.
And while the men get more of a bad rep nowadays it’s the women that are met with the brunt and especially the moral argument.
I think Daniel and Victoria are the only ones that seem to be really popular, even with the tough crowd.
Didn't people look down on Daniel when he first got with her because of his job and background

Yes, Carl Gustav never wanted Victoria to be his heir. He showers his son (and his wife who is sketchier than Markle by a landslide) with events, money and the like - also did not allow Victoria to marry Daniel for years. Victoria was a real victim of his misogyny. She also suffered with an eating disorder for a long time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.