The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair probably half of those views were Dan Wooton! Netflix is a streaming service. Also, it specifically says ' on tv'. Lots of people watch Netflix on computers and smartphones. People don't watch it like the BBC, and most people who watch Gardeners World are pensioners, who will watch on TV. Netflix will be happy. Especially with the free advertising it's got from the media. I can't imagine who is going to cancel their Netflix subscription because some Tory MP told them to. Its like The Crown. The papers sent traffic to Netflix with their hysteria, but then people watched it and it wasn't as salacious as the press made it out to be, and was rather boring, so the ratings dropped.
Also, 8am on a Friday morning isn’t the most UK viewer friendly time to sit and watch a programme. I guess most of the watches in the UK came much later.

(The people I know that have ditched Netflix have done so because they don’t actually watch it enough to make the subscription viable and the money can be better used on something else … nothing to do with a Tory MP).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Also, 8am on a Friday morning isn’t the most UK viewer friendly time to sit and watch a programme. I guess most of the watches in the UK came much later.

(The people I know that have ditched Netflix have done so because they don’t actually watch it enough to make the subscription viable and the money can be better used on something else … nothing to do with a Tory MP).
Is that the same Tory mp who was going on about WW1 and the Germans? You couldn't make this stuff up. I don't rate H&M but all the outrage has both them and Netflix laughing all the way to the bank!

Reactions: 8
She definitely said he proposed to her whilst they were roasting a chicken in cottage.

"It happened a few weeks ago, earlier this month, here at our cottage — just a standard typical night for us,” Harry said. Meghan then added: “Just a cozy night, we were roasting a chicken. It was so sweet and natural and very romantic. He got on one knee.”
To be honest, I‘ve always though the engagement interview was Mills and Booned up by the PR bunnies behind the scenes. After the Charles and Diana interview disaster, nothing will have been left to chance. Just the right side of romantic and normal …

Reactions: 4
To be honest, I‘ve always though the engagement interview was Mills and Booned up by the PR bunnies behind the scenes. After the Charles and Diana interview disaster, nothing will have been left to chance. Just the right side of romantic and normal …
No, no, roasting a chicken meant Harry proposed during a kinky sex act. Apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just seen the photos of Kate in the lotus flower tiara from a few days ago and I agree with whoever said it suited her better than the other one. Also it looked quite modern with straight hair. Really liked her dress too!

Reactions: 12
Just seen the photos of Kate in the lotus flower tiara from a few days ago and I agree with whoever said it suited her better than the other one. Also it looked quite modern with straight hair. Really liked her dress too!
I think that was me!

The 'neighbours' President Higgins was referring to turned out to be William and Kate🤣

• Heart
Harry seems very protective of Meghan so I do find it bizarre how he didn't inform her more about how things work.
I suspect he thought she’d leave him if she got too good an idea of the requirements, like Chelsey and Cressida did.

Reactions: 9
I wish the media would stop reporting on the pair of them. They wanted to step back from public life and they say they hate the media, so give them what they want - report on nothing, zero, nada.

Of course they won’t do it - the media need Harry and Meghan as much as Harry and Meghan need the media.

I recall when George Clooney criticised the paparazzi (coincidentally it was after Diana’s death) and at his next appearance they all lowered the cameras and refused to take photographs of him. I wish the media would do the same now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The Netflix series was always going to be huge. Harry's book will sell well too although I think there's a chance the Netflix series might put a dent in his sales as some might wonder what else there can possibly be left to say. But where do they go after that? That's when it's going to get interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I wish the media would stop reporting on the pair of them. They wanted to step back from public life and they say they hate the media, so give them what they want - report on nothing, zero, nada.

Of course they won’t do it - the media need Harry and Meghan as much as Harry and Meghan need the media.

I recall when George Clooney criticised the paparazzi (coincidentally it was after Diana’s death) and at his next appearance they all lowered the cameras and refused to take photographs of him. I wish the media would do the same now.
They definitely should stop reporting, but they won't. There is too much money in it. Especially now Harry and Meghan have criticised them, which us their greatest crime! Ironically they would probably have got more protection from the press (not as much as William and Kate, but more than now) if they had stuck it out in the family and played the game.

The Netflix series was always going to be huge. Harry's book will sell well too although, I think there's a chance the Netflix series might put a dent in his sales as some might wonder what else there can possibly be left to say. But where do they go after that? That's when it's going to get interesting.
I'd imagine a lot of potential book buyers will think it's all been said in the documentary now. You'd have to be really really interested in someone to buy a book about them when they've just made a 6 part documentary about themselves. Especially when you know that it will all be reported in the papers anyway. Hate watching a Netflix documentary is one thing but people aren't going to hate read his book and I don't think he has enough genuine supporters who will buy it either. I don't see it doing well in the UK and the documentary, I think, hasn't made the Netflix top ten in America so don't see it doing that well there either.
Also, I have Netflix already so it was an easy choice to make to watch it but there's no way I'd actually pay for a book about Harry. I think the book will prove to be too much of an investment in time and in money for the haters and the mildly curious and unfortunately for Harry, the haters and the mildly curious make up the majority of the documentary audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I love her curls but love when she wears her hair straight and sleek, we don’t see it very often so maybe that’s why it feels more wow. I can understand though, when I curl my hair for weeks and I finally wear it straight I’m like “oh wow why don’t I do this more often”, then I’ll curl it again and think the same. I don’t know what it is about the lotus flower that suits her more but it just does, maybe the lovers knot is just too busy for her but there isn’t a reason I can think why. I like her in red as well, especially when her hairs a bit darker.

I love her curls but love when she wears her hair straight and sleek, we don’t see it very often so maybe that’s why it feels more wow. I can understand though, when I curl my hair for weeks and I finally wear it straight I’m like “oh wow why don’t I do this more often”, then I’ll curl it again and think the same. I don’t know what it is about the lotus flower that suits her more but it just does, maybe the lovers knot is just too busy for her but there isn’t a reason I can think why. I like her in red as well, especially when her hairs a bit darker.
I find the Lovers Knot just to OTT, reminds me of 80s costume jewellery. The Lotus is more refined I find.

I love the tiara for her. Like the halo the smaller but airy design suits her better. BUT she needs to wear them like a tiara not like a sparkly headband. I really disliked this look. Which is sad because it had lots of good elements. The dark red dress, the tiara….. but the poinsettia like embellishments were just too much (and reminded me of my grandmothers “decorative” table clothes over the actual table cloth). The straight hair looked weird because the placement of the tiara and its style didn’t work. A headband like tiara would have been better- a bandeau or a very modern and clean one like Sophie’s aquamarine tiara. So if that’s a style she wants to go with she should either get her own tiara commissioned and go for something like the Dutch or the Swedish Diamond Bandeaus or the Norwegian Diamond Daisy or a modern (sad monstrosity) tiara like Madeleines Cyclopes Aquamarine Bandeau OR maybe wait till she is Queen and pull a QM and dismantle and rearrange some of the ugly pieces (Oriental circlet anyone?).
And wearing just another similar red sparkly gown with a similar cut is just stupid. And why for the love of good is she so unimaginative. Deep red for Christmas. Green in Ireland. That’s so lame and generic it’s almost an insult.

Can you imagine them showing up for another award or at a charity gala and no one put take their picture and ignored their attendance in the articles about it - print and online?
Not going to happen. They are the gift that keeps on giving because writing about them guarantees clicks and engagement. Hating
Or living them is a massive industry. There is money to be made so it won’t stop. They say the RF needs the press, but so do they.

Reactions: 6
It's all a bit ridiculous anyway. If you want privacy, go live that life in privacy. The royal family never respond anyway. There will only ever be a generic response to rumours. The media just keep this going, including the likes of Piers Morgan because it generates clicks now. I miss the days of barely hearing about the royal family in the news. I have had interest in the history of royalty, but these days it's just a soap opera.

Reactions: 12
I find the Lovers Knot just to OTT, reminds me of 80s costume jewellery. The Lotus is more refined I find.
Yes it can give gaudy vibes, I think it suited Diana because she has such voluminous short hair so the tiara almost had a background of hair and blended in to the hair, but Kate looks like she has quite fine hair but lots of it so something with so much going on can swallow her up

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.