Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blurp

VIP Member
Haha I remember when the Queen Mother died it was on a Saturday, I was only 8 or 9 I think and I was fuming all day cz none of my fave TV shows were on 😂
I was at the checkout in Tesco, having been on a drill course all day, when my mobile rang and the OH said something about whether we'd been practicing half-masting the ensign. Of course, we did for real the following day!

Reactions: 2

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
The whole thing is just very strange. I think it’s interesting Arthur Edwards has asked that as the royals know him well so will have being more inclined to answer, plus the fact I can’t see PW going out doing engagements if his grandad is literally at deaths door.

However look at Diana, there not really trained to show emotion,it is the job first so to speak. I still find the lack of statement concerning.
Probally also not many reporters there due to distancing.

Interesting... are they practicing for imminent news?

Also they wouldn't use a coach for his funeral.

grace28

Chatty Member
No update as of yet, I would mean early next week to be either yesterday or today.

They don’t seem as transparent as they have being previously on him at all, so it’s obviously a lot more serious,.

Belleboo

VIP Member
Someone on the Daily Mail comments section has said that Philip has sepsis and that’s why he’s been in hospital as long as he has. Sepsis is obviously a complication of an infection. Obviously this could be tosh, but it could explain why he’s been in as long as he has if they are trying to get it under control.
I had sepsis after the birth of my son and I wasn’t allowed home until 48 hours after my temperature had last spiked. Maybe that’s why they can’t give much of an update cause they’re waiting until it’s definitely down and stays down?

Last edited:

Keet

Chatty Member
His PR advisors are terrible tbh. Don't even know if the Corden skit was a good decision even though he came across well.
his advisors are mainly of not American which is why they keep reading the room wrong about the UK’s feelings and values. It might well be though that this is the plan all along and the US market is what they’re aiming for.

Raininvain

VIP Member
Stuck how? He'll move back over here and live in Kensington Palace or wherever. It's not as if he'll ever have to work or struggle for money.
Yes but what would he do back here exactly? he would be another Prince Andrew in some respects, its not like he can just pick up where he left off is it? Plus it would be mega embarrassing and shameful for him after giving everyone the middle finger.

slugella

VIP Member
I love Lucy Worsley, her talks are amazing.
I've had her book about Queen Victoria on my to read list for ages - has anyone read it?

I love historical Royal chat but mines pretty limited to the Plantagenets and the Tudors. A little about the Stewertsbut anything either side of those is sketchy.
Yeah my knowledge is limited too! Enjoy everyone's insights here though I've learnt so much.

Scandalous_Purpose

Question for the thread;

What’s everyone’s favourite film regarding a recent Royal?

For example, The Kings Speech, Diana, The Queen etc etc.

I think, particularly with The Queen and Diana (the films) they just fell short of being good performances. I find that a lot with Royal films. I think The Crown has done the best, but I’m asking specifically about films. I’m interested to see if the new film with Kristen Stewart as Diana will be good, I don’t think it will be groundbreaking but I think it’ll be worth watching.

Anyways, let me know as I’d also really like some recommendations so I can binge on some more Royal viewing!