The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It will be interesting after the mourning period what will happen
Yes I agree and I think the Queen Mother was the stronger of the two and was his rock, hopefully Camilla will step into that role and support Charles.

Reactions: 3
In the film George v1 was portrayed as a man who could throw a massive tantrum if he didn't get his way, if this is true and not the whim of the director then Charles appears to have inherited this trait.
Or his father. Prince Philip was incredibly rude. He did far worse than grimace over a pen 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Whenever I hear King Charles on th tv I just feel sad. It’s gonna take a long time to get use to hearing King Charles.

Reactions: 7
I'd be shocked if there was a man in the royal family that didn't have issues with their temper.
I mean, they're in a family whose position is apparently divine right. From birth they have wealth, power, and are in a class of society so often seen as above the law. While the women are likely raised with the rule that they're to be pleasing and pleasant, the men don't have the same societal pressure to be seen as paragons.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Or his father. Prince Philip was incredibly rude. He did far worse than grimace over a pen 😂
Oh yes very rude with no tact whatsoever but I don't think he lost it in public he was just scathing as Princess Anne can also be.

Reactions: 4
I'd be shocked if there was a man in the royal family that didn't have issues with their temper.
I mean, they're in a family whose position is apparently divine right. From birth they have wealth, power, and are in a class of society so often seen as above the law. While the women are likely raised with the rule that they're to be pleasing and pleasant, the men don't have the same societal pressure to be seen as paragons.
Perfectly put.

Reactions: 5
Statue should be of her at her coronation, definitely NOT in her older age with a handbag or god forbid with Paddington.

I like to think they all watch The Windsors, The Royals etc and have a good giggle at them. Imagine KC watches a lot of Attenborough and Camilla loves the soaps.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What does Witchelling mean? :)
We'll need to put the definition of Witchelling at the beginning of each new thread so any non thread regulars know what on earth we're talking about.

Witchelling = not to speculate but to go on and speculate anyway 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Awwwww now I want the queen and Paddington statue.
I was reading about that cursed diamond last night, apparently its OK for females but males not so much. Again with the woo.

Reactions: 4
I think any Consort worth their salt needs to make their peace with being the ‘Support Act’. In spite of the late DofE’s strong personality he performed this role impeccably. I think our current Queen Consort and Princess of Wales will be able to do the same.
The DoE struggled with it at first but I think it worked because behind the scenes he was the boss. He was head of the family and TQ would defer to him in terms of family and would seek his council on other matters.

Matt Smith said very recently that Prince Harry called him Grandad. This must of been when Harry still had a sense of humour.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't trust the public to vote on anything #BoatyMcBoatFace - they'd vote for something with Paddington that looks like it's from an etsy seller. No!

I wouldn't mind a side saddle horse statue on the 4th plinth (as they've been saying for the last 10 years), just do it in the same style as the others around there and don't use the artist that got Diana and Clare Balding mixed up 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.