The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did hear she watched the Crown (early seasons at least). Would love to know what else she watched! What TV someone enjoys offers a little insight into their mind. Wonder what Charles watches…
Yes I think the cast said Harry told them she watched the early seasons (bet she had a few blushes there!) Charles is a massive Doctor Who fan, from childhood.

Reactions: 3
The Queen watched The King’s Speech apparently and told either production or cast (can’t remember) how much she liked it

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can I state for the record that I would consider swapping with Kate and being the Queen if it meant I never had to change a bed, empty a dishwasher or clean a window where a dog has sat and smeared her wet nose all over it. Why would the royals (or anyone wealthy!) do these things if they didn’t have to? Why??!!??

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have just wrestled for the last five minutes to untangle a king-sized duvet cover that had tied itself in knots whilst tumble drying. I wondered if the queen has ever had to do this or Charles or indeed any member of the senior royal family? I know there were reports of Catherine shopping in Waitrose, but it does make me wonder what ordinary things they actually do. I often complain about household chores, but I think if I never had to do anything like that again, I might miss it. How do they fill their days if they don't have chores? Even loading the dishwasher.

I know it's been widely reported that The Queen would cook at barbeques, but I wonder if she ever cooked Philip a dinner or if it was always a life of privilege.

I can imagine the younger royals doing 'normal stuff,' but I simply can't see Charles logging onto Ocado to book a weekly shop.

Megs and H did talk about cooking chicken at Nottingham cottage - I wonder if they did the washing up?
I read once that Charles has someone put his toothpaste on his toothbrush for him. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if he made a servant brush his teeth for him.
I don’t believe any of them do any of the regular things in running a house like chores.

I read once that Charles has someone put his toothpaste on his toothbrush for him. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if he made a servant brush his teeth for him.
I don’t believe any of them do any of the regular things in running a house like chores.
Lol. Love how this story is forever twisted. Apparently this was when he broke his arm.

Reactions: 12
Lol. Love how this story is forever twisted. Apparently this was when he broke his arm.
I mean it’s not THAT complicated to put toothpaste on with just one hand, even if it’s not the dominant one? Get a toothpaste with flap cap instead of a screwing on one, put your toothbrush on a flat surface and just push it out? I think most people can manage just fine. But I agree that it probably happened once or twice in combination with a physical ailment and the story went from there.
There is so much stuff out there, twisted or straight out wrong it’s hard to decide what to believe. Just like the headline that KC forbade M to come to Balmoral (which could be true as the Sussexes camp announced they were both on their way and had to correct later) which lead to a row and H missed the flight that W was on (which could be true) which lead to missing the chance to say his goodbyes (which would be wrong- as I am under the impression they all were too late but PA and KC) which lead him to snub dinner with his father and brother but rather join his uncles (I mean wouldn’t they all eat together? Who voluntarily joins a small dinner with PA if you have a better alternative?). Enough possible actions and some lies all from unnamed palace staff /close friends and it sticks into the minds of people and gets twisted further and further. I think that’s why the RF mostly ignores stuff. You can’t win. The less you react the quicker something else takes over.

Reactions: 6
That was apparently when he had broken his arm (or was it his shoulder?) playing Polo.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Can I state for the record that I would consider swapping with Kate and being the Queen if it meant I never had to change a bed, empty a dishwasher or clean a window where a dog has sat and smeared her wet nose all over it. Why would the royals (or anyone wealthy!) do these things if they didn’t have to? Why??!!??
Exactly. I wouldn't lift a finger of housework if I didn't have to. I think the difference is that they can do it if they want but if they don't, they dont have to. They don't have the drudgery of having to do it every day.

Reactions: 8
In a book I once read it said when the courtiers are packing the royals suitcase they have to roll the socks up in a certain way so when the royal unrolls them they are unrolled in the right way.

Reactions: 2
It’s not just Royals that live that lifestyle. There are plenty of mega rich people with servants, cleaners and Nannies who also don’t lift a finger!

Reactions: 18
I have just wrestled for the last five minutes to untangle a king-sized duvet cover that had tied itself in knots whilst tumble drying. I wondered if the queen has ever had to do this or Charles or indeed any member of the senior royal family? I know there were reports of Catherine shopping in Waitrose, but it does make me wonder what ordinary things they actually do. I often complain about household chores, but I think if I never had to do anything like that again, I might miss it. How do they fill their days if they don't have chores? Even loading the dishwasher.

I know it's been widely reported that The Queen would cook at barbeques, but I wonder if she ever cooked Philip a dinner or if it was always a life of privilege.

I can imagine the younger royals doing 'normal stuff,' but I simply can't see Charles logging onto Ocado to book a weekly shop.

Megs and H did talk about cooking chicken at Nottingham cottage - I wonder if they did the washing up?
Major Johnny has spoken about Queen washing up in Balmoral. Maybe they didn't have the staff

Tbf I read he had a shoulder injury

I always wonder that, along with what tv do they watch? Did The Queen have to be free at 8pm to watch Corrie? Did she have a Netflix account? Would she binge on a sharing size bar of chocolate while watching tv? Would love insights to the small things.
The Queen watched Strictly -JJ Chalmers said she mentioned it in a note she sent to his dad (he had been one of her Chaplains) - as does Camilla.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It's been about 12 years since I watched Corrie but is it not usually on at 7.30?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
It’s not just Royals that live that lifestyle. There are plenty of mega rich people with servants, cleaners and Nannies who also don’t lift a finger!
No, but we don't pay for them! Few of them have several fully staffed houses. It's annoying to me anyway, when the papers go on about how 'down to earth' the Royals are because they do the shopping once in a while, or cook an omelette or wear a designer outfit thst cost thousands, twice. They don't have to do it. They do it because its a nice change for them to do something ordinary. I mean that is mainly the presses fault, although William and Kate love a bit of 'just like you'. Especially when they are pretending they can't do any work because they have to be constantly around their kids to be good parents.

Reactions: 11
No, but we don't pay for them! Few of them have several fully staffed houses. It's annoying to me anyway, when the papers go on about how 'down to earth' the Royals are because they do the shopping once in a while, or cook an omelette or wear a designer outfit thst cost thousands, twice. They don't have to do it. They do it because its a nice change for them to do something ordinary. I mean that is mainly the presses fault, although William and Kate love a bit of 'just like you'. Especially when they are pretending they can't do any work because they have to be constantly around their kids to be good parents.
I think it costs us more in security when they try living up to their ‘we are normal’ images that’s peddled by the press

Reactions: 7
The Queen watched The King’s Speech apparently and told either production or cast (can’t remember) how much she liked it
In the film George v1 was portrayed as a man who could throw a massive tantrum if he didn't get his way, if this is true and not the whim of the director then Charles appears to have inherited this trait.

Reactions: 1
In the film George v1 was portrayed as a man who could throw a massive tantrum if he didn't get his way, if this is true and not the whim of the director then Charles appears to have inherited this trait.
It will be interesting after the mourning period what will happen

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.