The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is work if you have to do it all day long for 70 years. Travelling, meeting strangers, gladhanding, making small talk, I'd take to drink.
They don't do it all day long for 70 years! Not even close! Probably a day a week at best. Kate and Will probably a couple of days a month on their numbers.

Reactions: 9
I wouldn't call this cracking on and doing things though. ;) So much money for some podcasts (blows my mind).

I agree the media should just stop paying them any attention.
Joe Rogan has a $200 million deal with Spotify and Meghan’s episodes apparently dethroned him as number one. They are getting about $15 million. Is it worth it? I guess Spotify thinks so. And yes, the fact anyone gets millions for podcasts is mind boggling.

Reactions: 8
I think Meghan thought she was bringing some much needed glamour to the royal family, a bit of sparkle. And that she would be able to schmooze her and Harry to being the golden couple. But the RF doesn’t work like that. They would never be allowed to out dazzle the Queen, Charles, Will and Kate. Both their egos couldn’t take the delegation to bit players. So they went elsewhere to be global players, but keeping their titles because it is the only thing they have to offer. She is poised, clever, beautiful, strategic. Harry is a bumbler, he is Tim Nice But Dim, he is punching in that relationship despite his title. He thinks he should be more important than he is and he is jealous of William. It must be hard to be the spare and then fall even further down the pecking order, but apart from a dent to his ego, it wasn’t a bad life.I find it hard to feel sorry for him, or Meghan. They aren’t doing too bad for themselves, the continual victim status is wearisome. I would swap. Call me.

Simply having a royal title isn’t enough these days to have people blindly hanging off your every word however banal. The Queen’s send off was a testament to her long service. Going forward it will be very different. People are watching carefully what happens now. And will be more critical than they were when the Queen was in charge.
Hirohito and Akihito of Japan were experts in marine biology/icthyology, Naruhito studied marine transportation. Fumihito, the spare, had a PhD in ornithology before becoming crown prince as Naruhito and Masako produced only a daughter. His heir, Hisahito, second in line to the throne, is still a school boy winning second prizes in writing contests.
Royals need work. Anne and Zara were fortunate to find something they were good at that they could be allowed to do. Without being clever like the Japanese royal family.
I don't understand why the spares can't be more carefully managed. Whoever invented Invictus did Harry a solid, but he needs more work.

Reactions: 12
Joe Rogan has a $200 million deal with Spotify and Meghan’s episodes apparently dethroned him as number one. They are getting about $15 million. Is it worth it? I guess Spotify thinks so. And yes, the fact anyone gets millions for podcasts is mind boggling.
But no episodes in all of 2021 is pretty...lacklustre? Sure, I assume Spotify think they're getting their monies worth. I don't. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I wouldn't call this cracking on and doing things though. ;) So much money for some podcasts (blows my mind).

I agree the media should just stop paying them any attention.
Who cares though if Spotify or Netflix want to spaff money up the wall on them? They are private companies. They will stop paying them if its not profitable. I'm not paying for them ( apart from through my Netflix subscription) and their chld is not expecting to be imposed on my children as Head of State. I agree too the media need to stop paying them attention, but they won't because they make them too much money.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In fairness much of that is the role of the monarch and only the monarch.

Plus the topless photos Kate had to deal with spread around the world
And the apparently bottomless one I saw (but I think she must have been wearing a thong).

Reactions: 1
Who cares though if Spotify or Netflix want to spaff money up the wall on them? They are private companies. They will stop paying them if its not profitable. I'm not paying for them ( apart from through my Netflix subscription) and their chld is not expecting to be imposed on my children as Head of State. I agree too the media need to stop paying them attention, but they won't because they make them too much money.
The media have set them up as hate figures. The Sussexes play into their hands.

Reactions: 2
A few years ago I used to watch this woman on YouTube who channelled Diana and now I can't remember her name or find her 😭
Ffs I really wanted to watch her and bring back all the gossip to this thread. It was wonderful, I'm pretty sure she used a special air spray to welcome her and everything.
Think I know who you mean as I kept seeing her on my You Tube feed. Can't remember her name, though.

And it prompted thought.....Imagine if MM (DofS) turned up in a low-cut, thigh-showing leopard print dress, with bright red nails and fake eyelashes with eyebrows resembling slugs. She might as well have done this with the hatred she is receiving. Its been reported that people thought that the zip on her dress was a microphone. FFS, it's insane. I worry about people hiding behind keyboards.
Oh it goes ridiculously far. The fake baby/use of a surrogate/not having a real bump theories blow. My. Mind. I don’t know what prompts such craziness! I don’t like Megan much but I certainly don’t think she wore a microphone to a funeral!

Reactions: 22
But no episodes in all of 2021 is pretty...lacklustre? Sure, I assume Spotify think they're getting their monies worth. I don't. 😅
Spotify expected that, though - it was said when the deal was signed they were only expected to produce an initial episode (which they both spoke on) and that it would take up to a year for the podcast to get going. So I guess they are all ok with it.

Regardless of what they are doing, I think it’s obvious the royal family is going to have to consider who is doing what work now. If they want to slim down the active members, of necessity, the number of events they can all manage will also have to decrease. It will be interesting to see how they juggle that with the need for visibility.

Reactions: 3
The body language of both Harry and Meghan when leaving Windsor was very telling. They barely spoke even when they entered the car and she just had a stony face and didn't let it drop once. I bet she exploded once the car was out of sight!

I also feel that William is more open to a relationship with them but Catherine is more like not on my watch.
It's tough there's no right or wrong given what Harry and Meghan have done.

I think the media have also played a huge part in this and could have laid off especially over the period of mourning.

Reactions: 5
Agreed. But all they've got to sell is really damaging gossip -- there is some evidence Markle's racism allegation increased the chances of Jamaica's becoming a republic. I'm not sure exactly how bad that news is, if they stay in the Commonwealth. But loose lips do sink ships.

The body language of both Harry and Meghan when leaving Windsor was very telling. They barely spoke even when they entered the car and she just had a stony face and didn't let it drop once. I bet she exploded once the car was out of sight!
I see things differently. Not a fan of them, but she looked moved in the car after the committal not stony faced. He puffed his cheeks up and then released it. He was tense and sad and releasing stress. I doubt there was explosions, they were both depleted. You would have to have a heart of stone to not be moved by that committal.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

I also feel that William is more open to a relationship with them but Catherine is more like not on my watch.
It's tough there's no right or wrong given what Harry and Meghan have done.

I think the media have also played a huge part in this and could have laid off especially over the period of mourning.
She probably didn't want the cameras to catch her mid snarl like they have done in the past.

• Haha
A few years ago I used to watch this woman on YouTube who channelled Diana and now I can't remember her name or find her 😭
Ffs I really wanted to watch her and bring back all the gossip to this thread. It was wonderful, I'm pretty sure she used a special air spray to welcome her and everything.
Claire Thackray?

Reactions: 1
I want a special air spray for my room to welcome royal ghosts plz

Can Queen Mary come visit me and give me lots of jewelry?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Princess Catherine seems hard-working to me! William, her, and the King don't look lazy to me! If all three were spoiled as kids, it didn't affect their work ethic or sense of responsibility. Don't you agree? The contrast between them and the Harkles is stark, in my humble opinion. The self-exiled couple take pains to avoid work and responsibility. Even when it comes to their kids, they let others be accountable. Queen Elizabeth might have left her kids alone too much, but I don't believe she would ever say others were to blame for anything she did (or didn't do.) The buck stopped with her. She always took responsibility. H & M are aliens to such an attitude.
It’s not Princess Catherine.
It’s Catherine, Princess of Wales.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.