The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of them are in for a shock over the next year or so. So many of them have been living a life of privilege and doing the bare minimum while the Queen was grafting away (reading her daily boxes, audiences with PMs, public engagements, and all the events and meetings behind the scenes). Could be a generational thing but I just can't see many of them having the same work ethic and certainly not working into their late 90s.
In fairness much of that is the role of the monarch and only the monarch.

Camilla also ignored the media and kept her head down even though they hounded her. There was years of people slagging off Kate until Meghan came along but according to Meghan all Kate had to put up with was being called 'waity Katie' and nothing compared to what she had to put up with!
Plus the topless photos Kate had to deal with spread around the world

Reactions: 11
Which goes to show Kate is a much tougher and smarter cookie than Meghan. She knew that that the best approach was to ignore the media and online bitching and push through it. Meghan caved in at the first hurdle. The pack always move onto another target when they get bored. Kate wore them out through her indifference. Meghan and Harry let it all overwhelm them and made some very big, very hasty and, in my view anyway wrong decisions.
Kate gained the approval of the media by marrying the heir (when much of the press changed) and popping out an heir (an a male one at that, male primogeniture might now be optional but still preferable in the corridors of power) and a couple of spares in a timely manner. Having control of the release of information and pictures of the children also helps to keep the media in line.

Whoever Harry married wouldn’t have any of that protection and be fairly easy pickings until the next royal bride came along (always bride, never groom). Bearing in mind that would be George or Louis, it’s 20 or so years of intermittent snerking. what fun.

Reactions: 9
A few years ago I used to watch this woman on YouTube who channelled Diana and now I can't remember her name or find her 😭
Ffs I really wanted to watch her and bring back all the gossip to this thread. It was wonderful, I'm pretty sure she used a special air spray to welcome her and everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
A few years ago I used to watch this woman on YouTube who channelled Diana and now I can't remember her name or find her 😭
Ffs I really wanted to watch her and bring back all the gossip to this thread. It was wonderful, I'm pretty sure she used a special air spray to welcome her and everything.
Air spray … pah … no asparagus is it. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Plus a quick Google when she met Harry would have filled her in on what she could expect 🤣
Not possible because she 100% definitely didn’t Google Harry, nor did she know anything about him or his family. /S

Of all the things that anyone in the RF has claimed, this is the one I call the most bullshit on.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The 2:47pm thing was first brought up by Lady C. Take it with a pinch of salt.

I think Catherine was always a spoilt rich girl who got what she want. She has that sweet angelic look but I think some of it is just a cover. I saw someone unthread say she always looks happy but I think she’s just a good actress. Anyone can pretend to be happy but it doesn’t mean they are. She has had years of training and it will be more stringent these days to prevent a repeat of Diana and more embarrassment. Who knows what’s going on behind closed doors - William has had affairs but I’m sure Catherine has had some too. He can hardly be mad at her because he’d be a hypocrite. I’m sure stuff will come out of the woodwork eventually. No matter how much you try to keep things quiet they will eventually be leaked.

Yes this has pissed me off a little with that photo going around socials. If she had been crying then William or Catherine would’ve pulled the plug and she wouldn’t have gone to Windsor. She was definitely rubbing her eyes as there was something in them.
It's a very mawkish photo. I haven't seen it but I hate those things that superimpose dead people onto photos ofctheir living relatives, but it seems to be a ' thing' loads of Diana with her grandchildren photos. Yuk

I think Kate has learnt the role and does what is expected of her with warmth and grace. She’ll make an excellent Queen (if she works a bit harder. I didn’t really think they were that lazy as they’re often on social media at events and things, but I guess an afternoon at Wimbledon or the Commonwealth Games is easier than visiting a charity or whatever!)
I do thinks it’s strange that Megan found it all so hard when she was in the public eye (in a small way) already. Plus a quick Google when she met Harry would have filled her in on what she could expect 🤣 I think she thought she could change things and have it her own way, without realising that is not what happens in the royal family/the firm! Then threw her toys out of the pram when she couldn’t have it how she wanted it!
Markle has the idea that so many do, that making a speech to empty UN chamber, or posing in a series of outfits with disadvantaged African children for a magazine spread, those idiotic podcasts, or schmoozing at Davos, is "work". Tom Bower doesn't explicitly say that, but the point of all her astonishingly empty activities was self-promotion. She doesn't do anything like what you or I or Princess Anne would call work.
The Grenfell Towers survivors cookbook was work, and I believed in her. I even own a copy (mostly middle Eastern food I already have good cookbooks for). But it was a great soulful initiatve and then -- pfffffft.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Markle has the idea that so many do, that making a speech to empty UN chamber, or posing in a series of outfits with disadvantaged African children for a magazine spread, those idiotic podcasts, or schmoozing at Davos, is "work". Tom Bower doesn't explicitly say that, but the point of all her astonishingly empty activities was self-promotion. She doesn't do anything like what you or I or Princess Anne would call work.
I don’t know … the royal family spend most of their time unveiling plaques or cutting ribbons. Not exactly “work.”

Reactions: 10
I don’t know … the royal family spend most of their time unveiling plaques or cutting ribbons. Not exactly “work.”
It is work if you have to do it all day long for 70 years. Travelling, meeting strangers, gladhanding, making small talk, I'd take to drink.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It is work if you have to do it all day long for 70 years.
None of them is doing work eight hours a day, seven days a week. Not even the queen was. I have no feelings one way or the other about Meghan and Harry but they sure get slated for the stupidest things. They were told to go out and support themselves. If they didn’t people would be upset they were using crown/sovereign funds. They can’t win. And I work in PR. Could they have handled things better? Sure. Could the RF? Sure. There is blame on both sides to me for the current situation. I think ALL of it should be (and should have been) handled in private.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
None of them is doing work eight hours a day, seven days a week. Not even the queen was. I have no feelings one way or the other about Meghan and Harry but they sure get slated for the stupidest things. They were told to go out and support themselves. If they didn’t people would be upset they were using crown/sovereign funds. They can’t win. And I work in PR. Could they have handled things better? Sure. Could the RF? Sure. There is blame on both sides to me for the current situation. I think ALL of it should be (and should have been) handled in private.
Well indeed, but if it was all kept private what would we all talk about?!?🤣
I think it’s a shame Harry and Megan wanted out, but if that’s the life for them then they should crack on. Stop chatting about it and actually do it. Lead a private life, just appear when it’s important for the family like Zara. But without spilling stories on the royals, what do they actually have to offer? Not much.

Reactions: 16
Princess Charlotte's probable, eventual wedding will be beautiful. She's seven now, so it might be in less than twenty years that we will see the next big royal wedding televised worldwide.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think it’s a shame Harry and Megan wanted out, but if that’s the life for them then they should crack on. Stop chatting about it and actually do it. Lead a private life, just appear when it’s important for the family like Zara. But without spilling stories on the royals, what do they actually have to offer? Not much.
The oxygen is supplied by the media coverage - whether or not there is anything to actually cover. The sheer number of stories about them at the run up to and at the funeral that were not exactly news (and likely speculation) … just stop giving them media attention. But the tabloids do it because it generates clicks and that means revenue. As far as I can tell, they have actually cracked on and done it, but whatever they do is the subject of criticism and negative media attention. Why keep writing about them? It just gives them more attention. If they are so boring and unnewsworthy … stop giving them media coverage. Celebs and organizations put out news releases all the time … doesn’t mean media is obligated to cover those events.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think Meghan thought she was bringing some much needed glamour to the royal family, a bit of sparkle. And that she would be able to schmooze her and Harry to being the golden couple. But the RF doesn’t work like that. They would never be allowed to out dazzle the Queen, Charles, Will and Kate. Both their egos couldn’t take the delegation to bit players. So they went elsewhere to be global players, but keeping their titles because it is the only thing they have to offer. She is poised, clever, beautiful, strategic. Harry is a bumbler, he is Tim Nice But Dim, he is punching in that relationship despite his title. He thinks he should be more important than he is and he is jealous of William. It must be hard to be the spare and then fall even further down the pecking order, but apart from a dent to his ego, it wasn’t a bad life.I find it hard to feel sorry for him, or Meghan. They aren’t doing too bad for themselves, the continual victim status is wearisome. I would swap. Call me.

Simply having a royal title isn’t enough these days to have people blindly hanging off your every word however banal. The Queen’s send off was a testament to her long service. Going forward it will be very different. People are watching carefully what happens now. And will be more critical than they were when the Queen was in charge.

• Sad
Princess Catherine seems hard-working to me! William, her, and the King don't look lazy to me! If all three were spoiled as kids, it didn't affect their work ethic or sense of responsibility. Don't you agree? The contrast between them and the Harkles is stark, in my humble opinion. The self-exiled couple take pains to avoid work and responsibility. Even when it comes to their kids, they let others be accountable. Queen Elizabeth might have left her kids alone too much, but I don't believe she would ever say others were to blame for anything she did (or didn't do.) The buck stopped with her. She always took responsibility. H & M are aliens to such an attitude.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Exactly, that's their "work" and it's not sustainable if they're going to be ghosted as it seems they were during the Queen's funeral -- when the men in the procession behind the coffin were standing around, all with their backs turned to Harry and Peter Phillips just walks by him to join the other group. The cut Kate gave Markle at the Windsor walkabout, whoa.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The oxygen is supplied by the media coverage - whether or not there is anything to actually cover. The sheer number of stories about them at the run up to and at the funeral that were not exactly news (and likely speculation) … just stop giving them media attention. But the tabloids do it because it generates clicks and that means revenue. As far as I can tell, they have actually cracked on and done it, but whatever they do is the subject of criticism and negative media attention. Why keep writing about them? It just gives them more attention. If they are so boring and unnewsworthy … stop giving them media coverage. Celebs and organizations put out news releases all the time … doesn’t mean media is obligated to cover those events.
I wouldn't call this cracking on and doing things though. ;) So much money for some podcasts (blows my mind).

I agree the media should just stop paying them any attention.

Reactions: 5
I am not a fan of H and M but as far as I am concerned they didn’t put a foot wrong on the day of the funeral.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
And it prompted thought.....Imagine if MM (DofS) turned up in a low-cut, thigh-showing leopard print dress, with bright red nails and fake eyelashes with eyebrows resembling slugs. She might as well have done this with the hatred she is receiving. Its been reported that people thought that the zip on her dress was a microphone. FFS, it's insane. I worry about people hiding behind keyboards.

• Wow
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.