The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's been rumours for years that Andrew bats for both sides. Rather likes the twinks apparently. Some years ago there was something that came out from a former member of the royal household that, yes, someone was gay and it definitely wasn't Edward.

Not royal but among the wider cousinage, there's Lord Ivar Mountbatten, ex-husband of the other Penny Mountbatten - she even gave him away when he married his current husband.

No wonder he was so close to his grandmother.
Yes. I posted on a few threads back that my Dad met Andrew at several work corporate events. That was the rumour way back in the 80's 🤷‍♀️.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
To be fair, even before she became Queen, she was more a Navy wife and the children really had the early childhood of an upper class Service family.
This baffles me. I'm not read up on this but Charles appears to be justified in thinking his parents were remote.

Reactions: 8
The sun was glaring in her eyes was what I saw
I agree. She definitely wasn't crying. Same way they said Kate put a reassuring hand on George's leg in Westminster. No she didn't, it was more likely telling him to put his feet straight as he had one foot on top of the other!

Anne had been president of Save the Children for 50 years and is now Patron, and they actually asked her Way back when she was 19. I don’t think they’ve ever regretted it.
I'm not saying they have. I'm just saying she never came across like she liked kids, so it's odd to give someone so young such a charity.

Reactions: 6
I think a lot of them are in for a shock over the next year or so. So many of them have been living a life of privilege and doing the bare minimum while the Queen was grafting away (reading her daily boxes, audiences with PMs, public engagements, and all the events and meetings behind the scenes). Could be a generational thing but I just can't see many of them having the same work ethic and certainly not working into their late 90s.

Reactions: 11
I think a lot of them are in for a shock over the next year or so. So many of them have been living a life of privilege and doing the bare minimum while the Queen was grafting away (reading her daily boxes, audiences with PMs, public engagements, and all the events and meetings behind the scenes). Could be a generational thing but I just can't see many of them having the same work ethic and certainly not working into their late 90s.
Oh it's game over

Reactions: 6
I seem to remember, with clarity, that he left early, and there was a bit of a scandal. If he completed three years, then hats off to him.
I remember it at the time, it was in the papers a lot but I'm sure it was 6 weeks but apparently it was 4 months but there were rumours he never went back after Christmas but it was kept quiet. This article gives more info.

Reactions: 3
His biography on the Buckingham Palace Royal pages is wrong then.
The Royal Marines sponsored him at university so those three years as a cadet weren’t full time service or training. That is what he started after graduating and he left after a few months training.

Reactions: 8
Kate looks steely here. If Meghan was eyeballing the camera like Kate she would have copped a lot of flak. Not saying she is courting the camera but she looks determined and unmoved. Camilla looks broken and Sophie bereft. I thing Kate is a tough cookie. I think she feels like she has come into her own. I thought that when she did that solo shot at Philip’s funeral. The one where she was on her own wearing a mask and staring straight at the camera. She became royal in her own right rather than as an adjunct to William.

0ACEF645-10F7-44C3-9179-12C82262F703.png

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Charles apparently works very hard. William and Harry spoke of him working at his desk well after midnight and his stacks of papers etc around his desk. William also said in the interview for Charles' 70th birthday that he would like him to try and slow down more and spend more time with the grandchildren. I definitely think the older generation work harder than the young royals.

Reactions: 15
Lord Ivor Mountbatten is married to a man. Lovely couple by all accounts.
Lord Louis Mountbatten was bisexual but more gay than straight and his wife Edwina was said to be a nymphomaniac. His son in law David Hicks was also bisexual. I think bisexuality was fairly common among the upper classes back then. They lived a fairly hedonistic lifestyle, had a lot of time on their hands, went to a lot of parties and weren’t too bothered what gender they ended up having sex with. Spouses also tended to overlook extra marital affairs because most aristo marriages were not about love but alliances to preserve estates and finances. So the marriage tended to be more of a business arrangement and once heirs were produced both partners had afffairs and nothing was said so long as it was all done discretely.

It was easier to be discrete back then as there were no camera phones or social media and the press did not tend to report on the private shenanigans of the posh unless, like The Duchess of Argyll, they ended up being revealed in court.

Harder to get up to much these days without it going public.

Reactions: 12
Kate looks steely here. If Meghan was eyeballing the camera like Kate she would have copped a lot of flak. Not saying she is courting the camera but she looks determined and unmoved. Camilla looks broken and Sophie bereft. I thing Kate is a tough cookie. I think she feels like she has come into her own. I thought that when she did that solo shot at Philip’s funeral. The one where she was on her own wearing a mask and staring straight at the camera. She became royal in her own right rather than as an adjunct to William.

View attachment 1595669
You are so right she looks superior here
Thank you very much

Reactions: 4
Kate looks steely here. If Meghan was eyeballing the camera like Kate she would have copped a lot of flak. Not saying she is courting the camera but she looks determined and unmoved.
Before Meghan, way back when Kate got married people were saying the exact same thing about her - she knows exactly where the camera is, she’s courting the camera etc. Then Meghan came along and Kate had a rebirth that would make Jesus proud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

View attachment 1595669
She's definitely been a force these last two years. The way she came striding out of the car when they went on that walkabout was *mwah!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Kate has learnt the craft of being a royal over a long period of time. This apprenticeship has served the RF well. I think she is very mindful of maintaining the integrity of the monarchy. She rarely lets her face slip. When Louis was playing up at the Jubilee her face became sterner but she quickly pasted on a smile because she is very aware of cameras. Do you remember also when there was a programme, perhaps it was the one with Mary Berry, and Wills and Kate were sitting around in a circle and William touched her and she shook him off. It was either she was peeved with him, or she thought it was undermining her being there in her own right.

Edited to ad link

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Before Meghan, way back when Kate got married people were saying the exact same thing about her - she knows exactly where the camera is, she’s courting the camera etc. Then Meghan came along and Kate had a rebirth that would make Jesus proud.
Which goes to show Kate is a much tougher and smarter cookie than Meghan. She knew that that the best approach was to ignore the media and online bitching and push through it. Meghan caved in at the first hurdle. The pack always move onto another target when they get bored. Kate wore them out through her indifference. Meghan and Harry let it all overwhelm them and made some very big, very hasty and, in my view anyway, wrong decisions.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Which goes to show Kate is a much tougher and smarter cookie than Meghan. She knew that that the best approach was to ignore the media and online bitching and push through it. Meghan caved in at the first hurdle. The pack always move onto another target when they get bored. Kate wore them out through her indifference. Meghan and Harry let it all overwhelm them and made some very big, very hasty and, in my view anyway wrong decisions.
I always thought the way they handled all the media attention was an odd decision given that Meghan, as an actress, should have been very aware of how media and online stuff works. A lot of celebs ignore bad media when they have to and it always blows over, usually pretty quickly.

I'm always reminded of that video of the media hounding Catherine when she's walking down the street to her car and they are just right up in her face. Megan didn't get any of that, that I saw!

Reactions: 19
I think Kate has learnt the role and does what is expected of her with warmth and grace. She’ll make an excellent Queen (if she works a bit harder. I didn’t really think they were that lazy as they’re often on social media at events and things, but I guess an afternoon at Wimbledon or the Commonwealth Games is easier than visiting a charity or whatever!)
I do thinks it’s strange that Megan found it all so hard when she was in the public eye (in a small way) already. Plus a quick Google when she met Harry would have filled her in on what she could expect 🤣 I think she thought she could change things and have it her own way, without realising that is not what happens in the royal family/the firm! Then threw her toys out of the pram when she couldn’t have it how she wanted it!

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Which goes to show Kate is a much tougher and smarter cookie than Meghan. She knew that that the best approach was to ignore the media and online bitching and push through it. Meghan caved in at the first hurdle. The pack always move onto another target when they get bored. Kate wore them out through her indifference. Meghan and Harry let it all overwhelm them and made some very big, very hasty and, in my view anyway wrong decisions.
Camilla also ignored the media and kept her head down even though they hounded her. There was years of people slagging off Kate until Meghan came along but according to Meghan all Kate had to put up with was being called 'waity Katie' and nothing compared to what she had to put up with!

Reactions: 18
Camilla also ignored the media and kept her head down even though they hounded her. There was years of people slagging off Kate until Meghan came along but according to Meghan all Kate had to put up with was being called 'waity Katie' and nothing compared to what she had to put up with!
It does seem like it would suck to be a royal wife. Which makes me think all three must really love their husbands. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.