The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The body language of both Harry and Meghan when leaving Windsor was very telling. They barely spoke even when they entered the car and she just had a stony face and didn't let it drop once. I bet she exploded once the car was out of sight!
Someone posted a narc analysis YT video in the H&M thread that shows the car from MM's side as it's driving away and H looks like he's pleading for his life in there. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Princess Catherine
The Princess of Wales

It wasn't accurate to call Diana that either, we know. But if she can be called Princes ..., then so can Princess Catherine. Equal and fair inaccuracy.

Reactions: 7
Why has Gayle King started to spout information about the Sussex’ time during the mourning period? How does she know? Or is she being given information? Same with Omid Scobie?

My two penneth, for what it’s worth is that I liked them. Harry was the most popular member of the royal family for a while despite his fancy dress and nude billiards. I celebrated the wedding like most people and wished them well. However cracks started long before they left and I feel Meghan said a few odd things like she didn’t know who he was, how to curtesy, but hey ho, she was new so I shrugged. There was a lot of negative press, like the tiara debacle and Charlotte’s dress too.

When they left I actually admired them for owning it. Wanting out of something they didn’t enjoy and found difficult. Here’s where my difficulties start…. They should have then enjoyed the life they wanted, stayed quiet and private and played the game. Whatever the press reported, ignored it, over time, they would have definitely gone up in the publics opinion. But the didn’t. They started to address press reports, nit picks and it’s been sadly their biggest mistake to do Oprah, write a book, do podcasts etc because it shows they bring nothing other than criticism to the RF. People are tired and bored of it and it shows how little else they have to talk about. Hiring an official spokesperson to speak in their behalf would be better too rather than just drip feed fodder and gossip. I hope they go back to CA and enjoy the private life they wanted, keep their heads down and bring up their children out of the spotlight as they wished.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Oh, he did not. Stop over exaggerating. Harry criticised the media and the grey suits in the firm, and specified that his grandparents were wonderful. Charles was very critical of his parents in his biography, so acting like Harry is worse than him with interviews simply isnt true. Plus, the Queen was not grieving anything when they recorded the interview.
For you to say the RF will never forgive him simply isn’t accurate. Both sides have things they need to forgive, mistakes they have made. The way the family treats the spares really seems to cause suffering and will hopefully end for future generations. We are not part of that family, we don’t know what they think and we are not one of them. Unless you hear it straight from their mouths, it’s speculation.
When was the last time you spoke to Haz and Smegz, the King of England, Charles III, the Prince and Princess of Wales? Remember, unless you hear it straight from their mouths, it’s just speculation.
One thing that isn’t speculation is the way the RF avoided Haz and Smegz, they were not treated as if they were going to ever be forgiven for trashing the RF, they were treated as outsiders, as people who are never to be trusted.

Why has Gayle King started to spout information about the Sussex’ time during the mourning period? How does she know? Or is she being given information? Same with Omid Scobie?

My two penneth, for what it’s worth is that I liked them. Harry was the most popular member of the royal family for a while despite his fancy dress and nude billiards. I celebrated the wedding like most people and wished them well. However cracks started long before they left and I feel Meghan said a few odd things like she didn’t know who he was, how to curtesy, but hey ho, she was new so I shrugged. There was a lot of negative press, like the tiara debacle and Charlotte’s dress too.

When they left I actually admired them for owning it. Wanting out of something they didn’t enjoy and found difficult. Here’s where my difficulties start…. They should have then enjoyed the life they wanted, stayed quiet and private and played the game. Whatever the press reported, ignored it, over time, they would have definitely gone up in the publics opinion. But the didn’t. They started to address press reports, nit picks and it’s been sadly their biggest mistake to do Oprah, write a book, do podcasts etc because it shows they bring nothing other than criticism to the RF. People are tired and bored of it and it shows how little else they have to talk about. Hiring an official spokesperson to speak in their behalf would be better too rather than just drip feed fodder and gossip. I hope they go back to CA and enjoy the private life they wanted, keep their heads down and bring up their children out of the spotlight as they wished.
Hopefully they will go inside their MacMansion never to be seen or heard from again, and the RF can live happily ever after.

It’s not Princess Catherine.
It’s Catherine, Princess of Wales.
Princess Catherine is so beautiful and elegant, such a hardworking asset to the RF. I love how close she is to her in-laws, the King and Queen of England.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
They live in a 31 bedroom house. It would have made more sense for William to move in there, and Andrew to move to the smaller house William moved into. Or rented a much smaller house elsewhere. Now he isn’t any use to RF he should be told to fend for himself

Reactions: 8
They live in a 31 bedroom house. It would have made more sense for William to move in there, and Andrew to move to the smaller house William moved into. Or rented a much smaller house elsewhere. Now he isn’t any use to RF he should be told to fend for himself
Those photos do the lodge no justice. It looks a bit like an office block. If I were as rich as the royals I wouldn’t want to live in a shabby old place the mail have made it look like. There are far better pictures on Google.

Reactions: 2
I think Kate has learnt the role and does what is expected of her with warmth and grace. She’ll make an excellent Queen (if she works a bit harder. I didn’t really think they were that lazy as they’re often on social media at events and things, but I guess an afternoon at Wimbledon or the Commonwealth Games is easier than visiting a charity or whatever!)
I do thinks it’s strange that Megan found it all so hard when she was in the public eye (in a small way) already. Plus a quick Google when she met Harry would have filled her in on what she could expect 🤣 I think she thought she could change things and have it her own way, without realising that is not what happens in the royal family/the firm! Then threw her toys out of the pram when she couldn’t have it how she wanted it!
I think Hollywood in term of PR works in a complete different way than when you are a RF member. Meghan had an idea what fame was - even though she never got that level of exposure during her career as an actress but was gravitating in circles with celebrities. But she was clueless about how to deal with the British press as a Royal - which is a bit like being a diplomat/an ambassador but with much more intrusion in your private life. What can be done in Hollywood cannot being repeated in the UK. I do agree that the tabloids got nasty with Meghan - but as they did with Kate for a long time and many women are subjected to this - you need just to look at magazines at the checkout in shops to see it.

What they got wrong is to try to portray that Meghan had it in a complete different way than any women in the spotlight. Using their tour in South Africa to talk about Meghan's struggles was also a wrong move. This tour and the promotion around it was about South Africa - Meghan and Harry were hired as diplomats. It shouldn't have been about them but the country they were touring. It was also quite insensitive when you know what kind of challenges South Africans are facing.

I also found odd they tried to go with the narrative that Meghan was the new Diana - I can see Harry still having trauma and being afraid about what his wife could go through but Meghan should have been aware she wasn't getting the level of abuse that Diana was subjected to.

Then they took the bet they could get a more Hollywood lifestyle while being still working Royals - it didn't work out - and now they are being stuck in this place where they aren't anymore active members of the RF but still need the connection to advance their lucrative projects. To me it looks like they didn't grasp the complete picture and made wrong moves because they were unable to read the room. They are "out" but the DM and Co are still publishing thousands of ludicrous stories about them so it didn't even work in term of PR.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The body language of both Harry and Meghan when leaving Windsor was very telling. They barely spoke even when they entered the car and she just had a stony face and didn't let it drop once. I bet she exploded once the car was out of sight!
You got all that from a 30 second video? What are you drinking!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Hollywood in term of PR works in a complete different way than when you are a RF member. Meghan had an idea what fame was - even though she never got that level of exposure during her career as an actress but was gravitating in circles with celebrities. But she was clueless about how to deal with the British press as a Royal - which is a bit like being a diplomat/an ambassador but with much more intrusion in your private life. What can be done in Hollywood cannot being repeated in the UK. I do agree that the tabloids got nasty with Meghan - but as they did with Kate for a long time and many women are subjected to this - you need just to look at magazines at the checkout in shops to see it.

What they got wrong is to try to portray that Meghan had it in a complete different way than any women in the spotlight. Using their tour in South Africa to talk about Meghan's struggles was also a wrong move. This tour and the promotion around it was about South Africa - Meghan and Harry were hired as diplomats. It shouldn't have been about them but the country they were touring. It was also quite insensitive when you know what kind of challenges South Africans are facing.

I also found odd they tried to go with the narrative that Meghan was the new Diana - I can see Harry still having trauma and being afraid about what his wife could go through but Meghan should have been aware she wasn't getting the level of abuse that Diana was subjected to.

Then they took the bet they could get a more Hollywood lifestyle while being still working Royals - it didn't work out - and now they are being stuck in this place where they aren't anymore active members of the RF but still need the connection to advance their lucrative projects. To me it looks like they didn't grasp the complete picture and made wrong moves because they were unable to read the room. They are "out" but the DM and Co are still publishing thousands of ludicrous stories about them so it didn't even work in term of PR.
I completely agree with you.

I think when Meghan says she didn’t Google the Royal Family, she is totally lying. But I think what she’s trying to say is that she didn’t go back to articles from 2010 to see the abuse Kate got.

I do agree with H&M that she shouldn’t expect to get abused, but equally I don’t agree with them that it’s the palace’s place to stop this.

I think a lot of their comments piss people in the UK off because we feel like the Royals owe us something as we fund them through taxes, where as in America they are received better because they don’t.

The idea that someone going to South Africa, on behalf of the Government, and at the expense of the tax payer, and then complaining about it, leaves a bitter taste for some people.

It’s the same with the idea she’s claims she couldn’t seek help for her mental health struggles. Harry, with William and Kate, literally founded a mental health charity, and William and Harry had already both spoken about how they had sort treatment. There are 10,000’s of people in the UK in desperate need of mental health support who can’t access it because of the state of the NHS, where as the RF can easily have a discrete private sessions, multiple times a week if they wanted!

I don’t think she really understood the role of a royal, I think she thought it was the same as being a celebrity and it isn’t.

I think though, that if the rumours she wants to run for office in America are true, she should stop slagging off the RF and the UK in general as the behaviour will just be massively used against her to show she isn’t fit for office.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
I completely agree with you.

I think when Meghan says she didn’t Google the Royal Family, she is totally lying. But I think what she’s trying to say is that she didn’t go back to articles from 2010 to see the abuse Kate got.

I do agree with H&M that she shouldn’t expect to get abused, but equally I don’t agree with them that it’s the palace’s place to stop this.

I think a lot of their comments piss people in the UK off because we feel like the Royals owe us something as we fund them through taxes, where as in America they are received better because they don’t.

The idea that someone going to South Africa, on behalf of the Government, and at the expense of the tax paper leaves a bitter taste for some people.

It’s the same with the idea she’s claims she couldn’t seek help for her mental health struggles. Harry, with William and Kate, literally founded a mental health charity, and William and Harry had already both spoken about how they had sort treatment. There are 10,000’s of people in the UK in desperate need of mental health support who can’t access it because of the state of the NHS, where as the RF can easily have a discrete private sessions, multiple times a week if they wanted!

I don’t think she really understood the role of a royal, I think she thought it was the same as being a celebrity and it isn’t.

I think though, that if the rumours she wants to run for office in America are true, she should stop slagging off the RF and the UK in general as the behaviour will just be massively used against her to show she isn’t fit for office.
If the rumours are true about her running for government office then she’ll have to adopt a thicker skin because the world’s press will analyse everything she says, reacts and does.

Reactions: 11

I also feel that William is more open to a relationship with them but Catherine is more like not on my watch.
It's tough there's no right or wrong given what Harry and Meghan have done.

I think the media have also played a huge part in this and could have laid off especially over the period of mourning.
Let's be honest - if she had a stony face then I can't say I blame her; it was probably about as neutral as she could get. Any hint of a wider emotion and she knows she'll be unfairly torn apart by the media.

Happy face - 'Meghan shows disrespect to the Royal Family's grief'

Sad face - 'How dare Meghan cry for OUR Queen who she hurt so badly?'

Angry face - 'SHAMEFUL! Meghan and Harry argue on the day of the Queen's family'

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.