Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Norbs

VIP Member
Royals? None of them are hard workers, in my opinion. I respect the Queen, and I understand Princess Anne gives good service to her charities, but it's not exactly work ...
By 'most' I mean most people. The Duchess of Cambridge has not worked harder than most people.
But I said ‘most royals’ and it was me you were replying to.

Reactions: 1

thatstupidcat

Correct me if I'm wrong but did the two main pretenders impersonate Richard rather than Edward? Always found it strange they just wouldn't pretend to be the heir rather than the spare. Gives some credit to the rumours Richard wasn't handed over by his mother and another child was!

There were a lot of pretender princes in the tower uprisings under Henry VII, the biggest ones being Perkin Warbeck (sp) and Lambert Simnel (the one who ended up Henry’s falconer). There were even blokes in their forties / fifties (way too old) claiming to be one of the princes.

Other uprisings had a lot to do with people claiming stronger ties to the Plantagenets directly, some of which were stronger than the Tudor’s claim which was through an older sister of a Plantagenet King which was itself ballsy in a system based on primogeniture (inheritance only through the male line which still stands in modern day aristocracy in England).

Foreign powers such as France were known to even include an English quarter in their standards to highlight their claim to the throne too.

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
I don’t believe the porchy gossip either. I can actually see Andrew in Prince Philip now and again.
Imagine Andrew with a skinner head. But overall Andrew looks like the queens side. https://images.app.goo.gl/2JXFauMw7u88Az9p8
These are all of Charles as a baby!! Cannot see any reference to Andrew from the link! Here is Andrew and porchester side by side !! See what you think?

Why was Camilla invited to C&D's wedding when they were lovers? They always invite their exes to their weddings, but you would usually invite partners, and you wouldnt blow out a family wedding to go to a mates overseas wedding on your own. Why would you do that?
From memory wasn’t she pregnant at the time and couldn’t travel!! I doubt he would go alone unless there was a good reason as he would not want the rumour mill to start! Anyways Andrew Parker Bowles was at the wedding of C&D!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Emsie

VIP Member
What about if they didn't die and perkin and the other one... Cant remember is name were telling the truth!

Emsie

VIP Member
I love those books. I've just bought The Constant Princess from a charity shop so I'm looking forward to starting that.
Is this Phillippa Gregory about Katherine of aragon? I loved the other Boleyn girl.

Apparently Richard iii so he could become king. Others suggest Henry vii mother. The White queen is a brilliant series
Yes.. The White princess is fab too!

Pippa M

VIP Member
Change of topic a bit but I wondered if those of you who watched the Queen's speech on Christmas Day noticed anything odd about her mouth ? It seemed so tight as if she had new teeth recently...

annapolly

I don't think August was the first choice, apparently the queen rejected the first name.
Where did you read that? I don’t think the Queen has prerogative over naming choices outside the next six heirs? Unless it’s a grandmother thing, she just didn’t fancy the first choice 😂
Funnily enough I remember that when Sophie Wessex’s son was born she wanted to call him Archie but the Queen stepped in and vetoed it. I can’t find any reports about it but I’m so sure it happened because that’s the first thought I had when M&H announced their son’s name.

Emsie

VIP Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but did the two main pretenders impersonate Richard rather than Edward? Always found it strange they just wouldn't pretend to be the heir rather than the spare. Gives some credit to the rumours Richard wasn't handed over by his mother and another child was!

Yes it is. I read The other Boleyn girl first then got I to the rest of the series. Realised you were talking about the tv series. I dont have whatever I need to watch it so I've just read all the books. I prefer the Plantaganets to The Tudors

One of the the biggest piece of propaganda about R3 was from Shakespeare who really played up the crooked cowardly hunchback thing.
I thought he was hunch backed when they dug him up in Leicester?
The books are always better! If you get the chance the R3 memorial in Leicester is a fab place to while away an afternoon.

Unfortunately, female aristocrats during the period weren’t remarked greatly on. Although I imagine on a personal level, she would have been angered by the queue of people claiming to be her siblings and others, but not in a position to do greatly about it. They were expected to keep silent, have babies and just be pretty and maybe a little charitable.
Yes I know she wouldn't have been able to DO anything but I wonder how she felt about it. Whether she was like yo... That's my bro! 😂

Last edited: