Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Some criticism when she did some sponsorships, but eh, that was stupid criticism because she's a private citizen and did what every sportsperson does...
I like her, too! Seems like that no-nonsense attitude is present in Phil, Anne and Zara (and Phil's mum Alice as well). Good women! I think Phil is also decent.

Bea and Eug aren't half-bad, they've always been private citizens and haven't really stepped their foot in too bad into anything (the dislike towards them is more an extension of the media's and people's dislike towards their parents and because they're pictured on holiday so often, but spoiler alert: today's working royals are just as often on holiday).

I like Camilla's work (domestic abuse victims etc).
Yes I agree with most of those. ( not sure about Phil). The ones most admired seem to be the ones not n line for the top job, so probably for their own benefit they should probably start standing on their own two feet rather tyan using the crutch of the m onarchy to protect them.

I‘m an Aussie and I really don’t think we give enough of a shit to be arsed doing anything about it. Apart from Kate and the other one being on the cover of Woman’s Day, they really don‘t rate much here.
wouldn't you just need a PM to set up a referendum? I have cousins in Canada and they think the same. They are barely relevant, especially to the younger generation. Here it would be an enormous deal though.

Reactions: 1

LittlemissM

VIP Member
Wasn’t there talk that he had bladder issues a while back? I seem to recall he had been hospitalised for a UTI a few years ago.

I’m pretty sure at 99 the plumbing isn’t all it used to be!
He had a bladder infection after the cold and rainy Jubilee.
I am still amazed that TQ stood at the front of the boat for all of it, it must have been so cold and uncomfortable. I really admired her for it
[/QUOTE]
I was told it was much more serious than an infection.

Emsie

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the Spanish Princess? I know it's not factually accurate but I'm really enjoying it! It's based on Phillippa Gregory's book the constant queen. Defo recommend if you like history with a modern romantic twist

Readread

VIP Member
Not if they have ever experienced losing a child or even if they have a child! How ridiculous!
Well believe it or not, some people can't have children. It's not up to any of us to determine how much grief someone would be in losing a dog or person.

Anyway, I'm a bit bored of discussing Meghan & Harry on this thread, they've got their own.

What's happening with the Royals this Christmas? Where are they staying?

Falkor

VIP Member
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Would these papers also print something on request from a celebrity (or similar) at the preferred date of this celebrity? Just asking out of interest as I can only look at it from the outside
There's a lot of back and forth negotiation between journalists and PR people. A lot of the time when celebs agree to be interviewed it's in exchange for promoting a product or a cause. For example, you'll see Liam Neeson a bit more than usual at the moment, becuase he's been working on the It's A Penalty human trafficking short film that's being shown on all airlines now, so he's doing the interview circuit to promote awareness.

For a newspaper to rearrange their schedule at a celeb demand it would have to be something that was more valuable to them than the piece originally laid out for that page. This might well have qualified, given the coverage it's getting today, but only the NYT and the Duchess will know for sure.

Always thought it was suspicious that straight away after that rumour was going around that they were all pictured together laughing away.
Like Dominic West and his wife, you mean?

Might've happened but I just can't see Kate pretending to be amicable with her regardless of whether she was forced to or not. The Royal Family have the ability to shut anyone out so I'm not sure whether I believe it or not.

I think them being together was more of a "fuck you look we're actually friends, jokes on you" kind of thing to the media than anything.
Where they so close before the rumor that Rose and her husband were invited?

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Has anyone got a recommendation for a book like Anne Boleyn: 500 Years of Lies? The reviews aren’t the greatest but I guess that it’s hard to get gossip from over 500 years ago! Another reviewer suggested Divorced, Beheaded, Survived: A Feminist Reinterpretation Of The Wives Of Henry VIII by Karen Lindsey so maybe I should try for that.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
She did deny it. Its a tricky one as why wouldn't they have consummated the wedding, but at the same time KofA was so devout would she lie?! History is so tricky though and has painted KofA to be a Saint and AB a sinner.
Maybe because He was quite young and sickly, I dont know. Poor AB was used by her horrible family and got the worst possible deal

lira

VIP Member
August???? Poor sodding kid.
There was a girl I went to school with whose first name was April and middle name was May 😭 but August is cute for a baby, I'm sure he'll be called Gus when he's older, August doesn't sit as well for an adult imo 🤷🏾‍♀️

Blade Runner

Chatty Member
She’s also 5 years younger so if he was 18 she was 13. Gross.
There’s no way she was as young as that. William was seeing a girl called Carly who gave him a choice, her or Arabella. Kate couldn’t stand Carly, because of William, and also because Carly had the best looking bottom in uni. 😁

Superdude

she has worked as hard as any royal and harder than most during the pandemic
This is exactly what you said. I would assume "harder than most" means most people. Can you name any royal who has worked 'hard' during this pandemic?

FreeSquirrels

Princess Alexandra was only ten when she was the Queen’s bridesmaid. The affair with Philip started shortly after she started dating Ogilvy. The long lasting affair nearly ended her marriage as well as having a shattering effect on their families. The Queen’s top priority is a united family front. Philip and Alexandra’s affair is chronicled in Nicholas Davies’ book, Elizabeth II - A Woman Who Is Not Amused.
That’s Princess Alexandra of Yugoslavia, not HRH Princess Alexandra Wikipedia entry.

Blade Runner

Chatty Member
Do we know who it was that turned him down?
Maybe the one William refers to as the one that got away, apparently much to Kate’s annoyance. He was going to leave uni to be with her but Kate persuaded him to stay. She works for Gucci, Arabella Musgrave.I don’t know if he proposed to her.

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
These are all of Charles as a baby!! Cannot see any reference to Andrew from the link! Here is Andrew and porchester side by side !! See what you think?

From memory wasn’t she pregnant at the time and couldn’t travel!! I doubt he would go alone unless there was a good reason as he would not want the rumour mill to start! Anyways Andrew Parker Bowles was at the wedding of C&D!!
They were not married then!