Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Not sure, but Oz is possible, for sure as he took a whole year off and went sailing around the world with his mates and had "fun", leaving behind Liz and the kids. Quite dodgy behaviour for a married father of 2 (or 4 by then? don't remember). There were native women on camera for a docu giggling about the encounter with Phil and his friends...

Yes, I agree, Will is mostly all Diana and Harry mostly all Charles. Esp their faces. Charles and Harry did a tour together, a few days, before Meghan, and the similarity between them was apparent, how anyone could still say after that that Harry isn't Chuck's is beyond me.
Harry didn't just take face-wise after his father, but on that tour their mannerisms were the same, their poses, all body language. It was crazy. I have seen fantastic pics of that tour, Harry came across like Chuck's clone.
They also have both the close-set eyes passed down from Mary to her sons to Liz to Charles, Eddie, Anne and Harry, Zara and Louise.
I think WIlliam looks like a younger Zac Goldsmith but that opens up another can of worms entirely...

Also, re Australia - doesn’t Captain Mark Phillips have a child there who was conceived whilst he was still married to Anne?

Reactions: 1

Tots

VIP Member
I believe it isn’t pronounced like the month but more like you would pronounce Augustus tho it is a name in its own right! Very old name.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
wonder if it was the same dark forces/powers at work about which we have no knowledge etc etc that Queenie (allegedly) warned Paul about?
I thought it was Diana ( his best friend) who warned him about ' dark forces' Queenie is, well, Queenie. If she wanted to get rid of sinister aides that were making her daughters in laws lives hell, she could have. Shes got the hands on the purse strings.

Fishwife

Chatty Member
Prince Phillip never uses the royal train these days. I expect he would find it difficult to board it. When he went to Balmoral he was taken by helicopter from Sandringham.

• Wow

Vanillaco

VIP Member
The books are always better! If you get the chance the R3 memorial in Leicester is a fab place to while away an afternoon.
Oh we were going to go back to the Nationsl Space centre in Leicester over the summer pre lockdown. Well do that next year on the way to the mil's

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
I don’t see it at all. Different shape everything nose, eyes, head, mouth and I was linking a younger picture of Philip that briefly reminded me of Andrew that’s why I used that picture. That’s why I said “imagine with a skinner head”. I just honestly don’t think Andrew is porchys. But everyone has their own opinion.

Plus Andrew was named after Philips father. Do you really think macho Phil will call a kid that isn’t his after his father. I don’t even think Phil would raise the kid never mind treat him better then he treats Charles.
He might not have even copped on that it was not his!! Also he might have done because he was told to do it!! Using it as a cover! So it wouldn’t draw attention! After all, he wasn’t in the position to call pot kettle black!! There was a rumour going around that he has a daughter!! After all he hasn’t a leg to stand on!! Also he is not the regient!!

Blurp

VIP Member
The trip was before Andrew was born IIRC. If anything, if Sndrew isnt Phil's, it would have been HM retaliatingvagsinst his almost constant infidelity throughout their marriage. There were rumours of problems in the marriage then Andrew was born.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant Andrew's possible daddy being the retaliation by HM against Phil. The staff apparently called him "the love child". Of course, it was spun as the great reconciliation and rebirth of their marriage but maybe not...

There is a book called 'wonder' about a boy with a facial disfugurement. Maybe she liked it from that, and it resonated with her maybe because of her scoliosis? Does the Queen need to approve names of children so far down the line? I thought Archie was the lowest down she would have to approve? What's his full name? I have a Daily Mail blocker on my computer!
It is also a movie with Julia Roberts.

August Philip Hawke Brookbank

vikka

VIP Member
I am not sure. The Queen has been spotted with less poppies in recent years, so I am not sure if they are really representing specific people. Kate has been wearing one, two or three poppies over the years. It's mostly royal ladies that wear more than one poppy and it does look fantastic when they are all decked out in glorious mourning coats. But I don't buy that they stand for specific people. Otherwise we would always see the same number.

Fashion wise, I do love Kate's outfit much more than the last two years. Those uniform inspired coats look very sharp and edgy. She can pull them off but she looks hard. You would expect her to comandeer her army into battle every moment. They are really really cool, but I think the ones from 2018 and 2019 were hardly appropriate. They looked like wanna be uniform and Kate was never in active service and her support for the air cadetts were she is an honorary I don't know what is basically non existent. She is just not a military person. And i think that is fine. They and she should stop pushing it. I am so torn. They make great photos bt it looks as if she is trying to substitute that she hasn't got a uniform of her own and goes to far in creating one.
I agree, I don't think the poppies represent anyone, really. I think that article years ago was conjencture/click-bait.

I hated this year's coat and thought it was her worst Remembrance outfit! The only thing I hated were actually the epaulettes, though I think they might be growing on me.
Otherwise I've liked all her Remembrance outfits so far, 2011, 12, 14, 16, 18 especially.
I agree the last couple of years looked a bit like a wannabe uniform and a touch inappropriate because of that, it can be a thin line.
I do like military inspired coats and outfits though, generally speaking.

I am not sure who goes with the military inspired outfits, whose idea it is (Kate's or her designers'), but it's not new, that's for sure, Diana used to do it as well and I'm sure other royal women did/do as well.

After all, some of those who actually wear a uniform play dressup as well (eg Liz, Anne, Ed etc). I know they hold positions, but they haven't really done anything.

Quick edit: I was actually expecting Kate to rewear something this year, because of the awful situation, for some welcome "thrifty Kate" headlines. It would've been a good PR move for her. Don't know whether Camilla and Sophie wore new stuff, but no one really pays much attention to their clothes beyond "looked great/awful".

Last edited:

BigMavis

VIP Member
Why did him and Wills fall out? Do we know or is it just speculation? I always find it sad when family relationships turn sour.

Emsie

VIP Member
Anne Boleyn only had one child, Elizabeth i who died without issue so there are no descendants of Anne Boleyn
Mary's daughter catherine Carey had quite a few didn't she so there is some Boleyn blood knocking about. Isn't Kate Middleton a descendent... Sure I read that somewhere!