Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

darkcherry14k

🤣 Someone has said that their relative was one of his friends and I really don’t want say too much and upset the folks. I’ll give you the gist. The hangers on were nicknamed by some as “Harry’s Squadron of Rent Boys” who were “rimming a ginger prince for a shot on his Xbox”.
I wasnt there I can only go by what I was told, but the he was said to be very down to earth and esy to talk to. I dont know the ins and out of it but seeing as he a member of the Royal Family it's highly likely he was treated better, would need extra security etc, he was a prince after all, he didnt have to be there though but he was and he enjoyed it and the camaraderie by all accounts, this is from someone who was actually there with him and not a coue years above etc, but as I say I wasnt there this is second hand gossip so make of it what you will.

I also didn't say it was the British press that outed him in Afghanistan. I knew it was the foreign press.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Anyyyyway... Has anyone watched the Anne Boleyn docu that's been on this week on ch5. I haven't yet but it's interesting how every year someone sends some roses to be placed at the tower of London but they remain anonymous! Love to know who it is!!!
I’ve not seen it but may look it up on catch up.
For how many years have the roses been sent please? I’ve never heard of it before.

Last edited:

Emsie

VIP Member
Mary had a few children didnt she, as did her brother, so it could be.
Mary did and Mary's daughter Catherine has literally millions of children 😂 I'm not sure about George though... And there may well have been other Boleyn children that kept their heads I suppose

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I agree, I don't think the poppies represent anyone, really. I think that article years ago was conjencture/click-bait.

I hated this year's coat and thought it was her worst Remembrance outfit! The only thing I hated were actually the epaulettes, though I think they might be growing on me.
Otherwise I've liked all her Remembrance outfits so far, 2011, 12, 14, 16, 18 especially.
I agree the last couple of years looked a bit like a wannabe uniform and a touch inappropriate because of that, it can be a thin line.
I do like military inspired coats and outfits though, generally speaking.

I am not sure who goes with the military inspired outfits, whose idea it is (Kate's or her designers'), but it's not new, that's for sure, Diana used to do it as well and I'm sure other royal women did/do as well.

After all, some of those who actually wear a uniform play dressup as well (eg Liz, Anne, Ed etc). I know they hold positions, but they haven't really done anything.

Quick edit: I was actually expecting Kate to rewear something this year, because of the awful situation, for some welcome "thrifty Kate" headlines. It would've been a good PR move for her. Don't know whether Camilla and Sophie wore new stuff, but no one really pays much attention to their clothes beyond "looked great/awful".
Arent the poppies to represent each of the Armed Services? Not sure about the 5 poppies though.

Norbs

VIP Member
No, she really hasn't worked harder than most. That's laughable. She lives a life of privilege and ease, and could easily be delivering meals to those shielding, cooking for the homeless or helping at a food bank.
Which royals have worked harder than her during the pandemic, then?

I have a few clients who write for the Times and the Telegraph, which I assume would have similar schedules - I'll often get an email from them that says 'Can you do this for Tuesday morning, they want to print it on Saturday'. This is for feature interviews with a high-profile person, so something you'd think would be planned well in advance, but it can be surprisingly short notice.
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Would these papers also print something on request from a celebrity (or similar) at the preferred date of this celebrity? Just asking out of interest as I can only look at it from the outside

speaking of gossip, Harry & Meghan have recently had the legal action they were taking against the press delayed for a year for “confidenfidential reasons”, seemed serious enough that the other parties have agreed to the delay. Another baby or illness? Hopefully not the latter...

diana was 19...Charles was 32. He left her an hour after giving birth to Harry go and play polo. Imo he should have called it off with Camilla as soon as he and Diana were engaged, it wasn’t fair to put her through that but he was too spoilt to think about her feelings. Later she wasn’t innocent and was able to play the press but imagine how you’d feel as a teenager going through all that. Now the pattern repeats with William and his affair.
William has an affair???

Readread

VIP Member
Might've happened but I just can't see Kate pretending to be amicable with her regardless of whether she was forced to or not. The Royal Family have the ability to shut anyone out so I'm not sure whether I believe it or not.

I think them being together was more of a "fuck you look we're actually friends, jokes on you" kind of thing to the media than anything.

imnotarobot

I suspect Australia and Canada will become Republics as soon as Liz goes for a start.
I‘m an Aussie and I really don’t think we give enough of a shit to be arsed doing anything about it. Apart from Kate and the other one being on the cover of Woman’s Day, they really don‘t rate much here.

Eurgh

VIP Member
There’s no way she was as young as that. William was seeing a girl called Carly who gave him a choice, her or Arabella. Kate couldn’t stand Carly, because of William, and also because Carly had the best looking bottom in uni. 😁
You’re right. The first time I looked she was quoted as being 32. I will report my post!

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I think it was Henry VII because that way he got rid of the opposition. Richard III had no reason to kill them as he had made them illegitimate after his brother had been contracted to marry before he married Elizabeth Woodville there by making their children illegitimate. Henry then went onto marry the princes sister, Elizabeth of York, to quash any uprising in her name.
I used to think it was definitely Henry Vii or his mother, but then Richard or one of his staff would have had a greater opportunity. Maybe he thought he could marry again and have more children after his sons death?

annapolly

It is of Latin origin, Roman emperors were named August, and was common in Poland and Germany for a while. I find it a bit stiff and old-fashioned.
The Zuckerberg baby girl is also called August.
I did not know that! I thought it was a mainly German name! I see August more as a feminine name myself.

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
What is going on is that Liz and Phil are 94 and 99 and people think all the time "this is/might be the last X", because of their age it is likely it the last X and one of them will die soonish.

How likely is it that both are alive next summer for the next annual Balmoral holdiay?
Yes I understand what your saying!! I never seen comments implying this before they could have been there!! They are saying it’s Philip!! The queen mum lived until 102!! So I’d say Queenie has a few more years yet! Lol