The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does being on stand by actually mean please? Ive never heard of that, so they are ill now and expected to die before the end of next month? Does it mean arranging the funeral and media ? sorry to be annoying. Thank you.
It basically means all preparations are in order for their death and they are waiting it out.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I didn't read the entire thing, but I read a good chunk. Must be strange to know how intricately planned your own funeral is. If it happens before the pandemic ends it'll be very surreal to what we all would expect.
It’s really is long!! Finally read it last night, it “only“ took two hours! I’d thought that too, until I got to this part. These things used to be a total shambles, you can understand why she’d want to avoid that...

99A2BB10-8597-4D5B-87D1-6C534A13D7AB.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
What does being on stand by actually mean please? Ive never heard of that, so they are ill now and expected to die before the end of next month? Does it mean arranging the funeral and media ? sorry to be annoying. Thank you.
It means this person will be removed from their workplace and perform certain duties at a funeral should a death occur. The operative word being should.

Reactions: 7
People saying it is pp... How do we know it isn't Charles? I may have missed a post AND pp is the obvious but... You never know 😯

Reactions: 3
Imagine Charles dying before the queen. Spent his whole life thinking he’s going to be king then wham

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hope Prince Philip at least makes it to his hundredth birthday in June.

He's enlivened things over the years with his inappropriate public comments. Remember how he said to English students studying Chinese that they'd end up with 'slitty eyes'? That was thirty-five years ago, when there was less political correctness, 'wokeness,' etc-and it still caused a kerfuffle!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

He's enlivened things over the years with his inappropriate public comments. Remember how he said to English students studying Chinese that they'd end up with 'slitty eyes'? That was thirty-five years ago, when there was less political correctness, 'wokeness,' etc-and it still caused a kerfuffle!
He's still a racist prick now.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He's still a racist prick now.
But nearly everyone had the same thought process in the time he’s from. The man is nearly 100 years old. A lot of things have changed. Such as what were classed as jokes and what weren’t. It was completely different times he grew up in. How many of you have met an old man or grandpa that says things you would deem as racist or politically incorrect now. Majority of the time they don’t even realise it’s racist or wrong what they are saying. It’s just how they were brought up back then.

Reactions: 23
But nearly everyone had the same thought process in the time he’s from. The man is nearly 100 years old. A lot of things have changed. Such as what were classed as jokes and what weren’t. It was completely different times he grew up in. How many of you have met an old man or grandpa that says things you would deem as racist or politically incorrect now. Majority of the time they don’t even realise it’s racist or wrong what they are saying. It’s just how they were brought up back then.
Yeah, Hitler had a rough childhood too I hear..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Yeah, Hitler had a rough childhood too I hear..
Exactly. I’m very defensive of elderly people when they’re unfairly described as being racist for just using the wrong word (if they’re clearly NOT racist in their actions and how they treat others), but Philip isn’t a typical older person, he’s got no reason to be ignorant, his whole life and career has been spent travelling and meeting people from all over the world. It’s not that he doesn‘t know better, he was just being nasty.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
From Thursday's PopBitch. Somehow this isn't surprising at all.
Nasty, arrogant piece of work! and I bet he wouldn’t have dared speak to Anne like that, she would put him in his place with just a glance..!

Reactions: 8
Morbid but I wonder if one of them has Covid, which can take a while to become deadly, hence the 'standby'...

I think he's died several times over the past couple of years!
Exactly. Let’s be real, he and the Queen could drop dead any second. Even Charles and Camilla are at an age when not too few others are already weak in body and/or mind.
They got the jab and I am sure they got the premium brand and will get the second one faster than others. So COVID will very probably be no problem for them. Those articles come up at least once a year. At their age the people involved will be on high alert for ever at this point. I mean every sneeze could be a sign for certain death at this age.

Reactions: 10

The investigation uncovered evidence suggesting that she used the procedure to persuade government ministers to change a 1970s transparency law in order to conceal her private wealth from the public.

The documents also show that on other occasions the monarch’s advisers demanded carve-outs on proposed laws relating to road safety and land policy that appeared to affect her estates, and pressed for government policy on historic sites to be altered.

The database of 1,062 laws relates to legislation that the Queen vetted under consent rules, and it is not known on which occasions she also lobbied for changes to draft legislation. The Guardian has uncovered evidence of lobbying for changes to at least four draft laws, but it is possible she interfered with many more.

Members of the Windsor family can have their will sealed from the public, unlike any other family in Britain, ensuring an unmatched level of secrecy around their private wealth. No confirmed figure of the Windsor family’s wealth exists, though estimates have placed it at hundreds of millions of pounds.

In 2014, for example, the Queen and the heir to the throne screened the inheritance and trustees’ powers bill. Two years earlier she vetted the trusts (capital and income) bill. Trusts are legal arrangements often used by wealthy families to protect their assets from both tax and public scrutiny.

At least 10 bills relating to housing policy have been subject to Queen’s consent, as have five relating to laws on pensions, seven relating to the NHS and at least two concerning animal welfare. The government gave the Queen an exemption in a 2006 act to prevent the mistreatment of animals, stopping inspectors from entering her private estates.’

Curiouser and curiouser. I thought they were meant to be impartial and not get involved in government business (which is what they say but we all know they do). Such a seedy family.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Not all old people are racist either though. There are old people who say racist things, but they would have lived through the times we have as well. They have just decided they are still gong to be racist and have decided not to learn anything from their lengthy time on Earth. My dad is 84 and was an anti racism campaigner in the 60's and 70's. Its not a new phenomenon. Him coming out and calling people slitty eyes and being rude to leaders of countries he has visited just demonstrates his superiority complex and lack of respect and wilful lack of understanding of different cultures. The Queen may well be racist, but she knows how to be polite to her hosts when they travel to parts of the Commonwealth. He doesnt give a stuff and everyone goes 'Oh he's a funny old man/ he tells it like it is blah blah blah. No hes rude and offensive, and he was like it well before he was an old man.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.