The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just read a trilogy based on a hypthetical situation that KH actually wasn't beheaded but was removed and had twins - a son and a daughter. They were sent elsewhere to be brought up. I can't remember the bliddy name of the books/author but it spans now back to that time and a spy network of high class women including Queen Liz I. It was actually quite interesting if rather fanciful
The katherine Howard affair by alexandra Walsh! Perdita and piper and their grandmother 😊

That’s how famous he is 😉👏🏼

I don’t know very much at all about the Tudors, Stuarts etc, does anyone have book and/or documentary recommendations pls? I’m not so keen on narrated YouTube videos 🥴
I started off with Phillippa Gregory books. She tells a good tale then once you know the story and the characters you can read more truthful accounts.
Anne of a thousand days and the other boleyn girl are good films and available on prime

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
She was a nasty piece of work by all accounts.
yes I read she was horrible and snobby. She only had time for Charles out of all her grandchildren because he was heir to the throne. She would invite Charles and William to tea but not bother with the rest of them. No wonder Princess Margaret had such a complex.

Reactions: 10
Alison Weir has written some great books about the wives of Henry VIII - some fact and some fictionalised. Well worth a read.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Someone I know has been put on standby for a death in the rf. A name was mentioned.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh no. This would be horrible. Not more bad news. I am having a hard time and the world is in a state and I was looking forward to his 100th birthday...

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Honestly, its probably for the best if he is. He looks like a walking corpse lately and he always said he didn't want a fuss when he was gone.

Reactions: 13
The standby is for a death that may occur.
But what does 'stand-by' actually mean to you? What would you have to do in the time of Covid lock-down? PP is an ancient bloke - hardly unexpected. Not as if heads of state will be flying in lol. Only 30 at a funeral.

I reckon he's been dead for ages and they just decided not to mention it.
They put them on point duty in Bexhill o/s according to the late great Spike Milligan ;)

Reactions: 5
This rumour goes round about pp at least twice a year now, but I agree he looks awful last time he was pictured, but then if you look at photos of his mother in old age she did too....so genetically he was dashing when younger but now the looks have certainly faded

Reactions: 4
But what does 'stand-by' actually mean to you? What would you have to do in the time of Covid lock-down? PP is an ancient bloke - hardly unexpected. Not as if heads of state will be flying in lol. Only 30 at a funeral.

They put them on point duty in Bexhill o/s according to the late great Spike Milligan ;)
One rule for us...

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.