The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't read the entire thing, but I read a good chunk. Must be strange to know how intricately planned your own funeral is. If it happens before the pandemic ends it'll be very surreal to what we all would expect.
Apparently the Queen Mother used to see practice for it from her windows and remark on it, Although it probably gratified her ego.

I didn't read the entire thing, but I read a good chunk. Must be strange to know how intricately planned your own funeral is. If it happens before the pandemic ends it'll be very surreal to what we all would expect.
Imagine Charles dying before the queen. Spent his whole life thinking he’s going to be king then wham
Andrew Ridgely is next in line? I would have preferred George Michael. He would have paid the staff properly,

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm rather surprised to hear just how much power/influence the Royals seem to have over laws within the country. Can't say it wasn't expected, but the fact that a lot of this isn't actually public is rather worrying. Plus some of the bills that have been 'vetted' by them hardly seem to affect them at all.
A bit of a cheeky Guardian opinion for you all too.

Reactions: 12
I'm rather surprised to hear just how much power/influence the Royals seem to have over laws within the country. Can't say it wasn't expected, but the fact that a lot of this isn't actually public is rather worrying. Plus some of the bills that have been 'vetted' by them hardly seem to affect them at all.
A bit of a cheeky Guardian opinion for you all too.
I was surprised by this. I knew about Royal Assent wtc, but it should be a formality. The fact that HM puts out the begging bowl for her palaces while she hoarding secret offshore wealth is abhorrent. I wonder if she will refuse her money from the Crown Estates this year to help the economy? I find the Guardian supremely smug, but I'm glad there is at least one paper holding the Monarchy to account. The rest of them are too busy trying to get pictures of the Cambridge kids to look too closely.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The royal family has just announced that princess Eugenie has given birth to a baby boy. She gave birth at the Portland hospital at 8.55am this morning and the baby weighs 8lbs 1oz. Her and the baby are said to be doing well.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The royal family has just announced that princess Eugenie has given birth to a baby boy. She gave birth at the Portland hospital at 8.55am this morning and the baby weighs 8lbs 1oz. Her and the baby are said to be doing well.
Hate that she went with the zeleb tradition of posting a photo just showing the hands. But regardless, congratulations! Wonder what the name is? Was secretly hoping it would be a girl as everyone seems to be having boys!

Reactions: 9
Shall we have a sweepstake. I'm gonna guess Thomas Philip.

Reactions: 2
Jack's brother is Thomas so I cant see them going for that as it could be confusing. My guess is Oliver or Alexander. I think she will go for something more modern given how far down the line of succession the baby is. I could see Philip as a middle name.

Reactions: 4
I think Albert will be in the name and Bertie Brooksbank is just the sort of twee nickname the upperclass seem to love.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Huh. What happened to the environmental impacts of having more kids?
Didnt they say they would only have 2 because of the environment? I think that's fair enough. Its below replacement level. I think William going on about overpopulation when he has 3 is worse. Good luck to them. I hope it goes OK after her miscarriage.

Reactions: 15
Didnt they say they would only have 2 because of the environment? I think that's fair enough. Its below replacement level. I think William going on about overpopulation when he has 3 is worse. Good luck to them. I hope it goes OK after her miscarriage.
Ah that's fair, at least Archie will have someone to keep him company now.

Reactions: 6
I don't mind megs and hazza but I think saying you're only gonna have 2 because of the environment is a daft thing to say. What if your second pregnancy was twins?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
If it’s a wee girl my bets are on her first name being Princes (Katie Price style) and middle name Diana.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don't mind megs and hazza but I think saying you're only gonna have 2 because of the environment is a daft thing to say. What if your second pregnancy was twins?
Or triplets 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think the black and white photo of them is quite cute, the best one they’ve done.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.