The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you?

She came to the fore doing her duty, visiting and contacting frontline workers, her charities, working on her under-5’s initiative which has been heralded as being of great worth, her photographic competition...

You obviously are quite anti her, so maybe this makes you blind to what she does? You certainly seem to be setting unrealistic targets for what she should do.
So volunteering in s foodbank I'd an unrealistic target,,? Why,?She may have to mix with ,"common"people the great unwashed.

Reactions: 6
Don't think they would intentionally break the law, too much to risk - but very convenient time slots, (or maybe they're sharing bodyguards😆)
Not at all surprised - one rule for them, one rule for the rest of us.

Why is William still holding George's hand?
Why wouldn't he? it's his child's hand.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
What do you think of the photos of the Cambridges and the Wessexes, breaking the Covid rules?
I read there was no intentional meeting up, they arrived separately and the whole time stuck to social distancing. Let’s not pretend that if we saw our family out for a walk, especially with children, we wouldn’t walk with them.

George is Williams son, he’s allowed to hold his hand 🤔

• Angry
Reactions: 18

A father holding his son’s hand is considered wrong now is it?
We get it, you don’t like them but that criticism really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Something something children don’t count part of the bubble 6 something something.

Is what I’d say if there weren’t also drivers, bodyguards, nannies, photographers and the like (all presumably missing out on the next month or so with their own families).

Trying to push the streamlined Royal Family at a time when borders are shutting and people are being isolated from their vulnerable relatives (especially if the people themselves are lonely and vulnerable) is a bit tit.

I bet that they have skipped the vaccine queue and would always get far better care than any of us proles if they came down with the sickness.

Really questioning Palace PR right now - there’s only so much you can pay The Mail and other online publications to delete comments and upvote ones in favour of their peeps without people raising an eyebrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
A father holding his son’s hand is considered wrong now is it?
We get it, you don’t like them but that criticism really is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Respectfully, you're reaching. I did not say it was "wrong"; I merely asked why he was still doing it.

Did I say I don't like them?

Welcome to my "ignore" list.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Something something children don’t count part of the bubble 6 something something.

Is what I’d say if there weren’t also drivers, bodyguards, nannies, photographers and the like (all presumably missing out on the next month or so with their own families).

Trying to push the streamlined Royal Family at a time when borders are shutting and people are being isolated from their vulnerable relatives (especially if the people themselves are lonely and vulnerable) is a bit tit.

I bet that they have skipped the vaccine queue and would always get far better care than any of us proles if they came down with the sickness.

Really questioning Palace PR right now - there’s only so much you can pay The Mail and other online publications to delete comments and upvote ones in favour of their peeps without people raising an eyebrow.
Children don't count as part of the bubble in England though. It was massively annoying for the rest of us who actually read and adhered to the guidance

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Respectfully, you're reaching. I did not say it was "wrong"; I merely asked why he was still doing it.

Did I say I don't like them?

Welcome to my "ignore" list.
Respectfully, you’ve used the “angry” emoji on everyone who has questioned your comment, but you won’t see this seeing as you felt the need to announce you were ignoring me!
Re my ”you don’t like them” comment - apologies, I confused you with another poster.

Prince George is 7 years old and most 7 year olds would “still“ hold their parents hand, royal or not.

Reactions: 13
Don't be angry 1001 but it is perfectly normal to hold your own child's hand (whatever the age as long as parent and child want to!).

Reactions: 8
Royal Family Errata:

Anyone else impressed by the sheer volume of acknowledged illegitimate children of Charles II? That he acknowledged so many was extremely chill for the time period in England (other massive Royal philanderers like Henry VIII ignored his or gave a couple titles to keep them busy and away from court).

Just scrolling down a list of the kids on Wiki now. I think one of his favoured mistresses was a lowborn actress called Nell Gwyn. The rest were a rotation of highborn ladies with very familiar last names (Villiers etc). I also know that he spent most of his reign trying not to go the same way as his dad, whilst having the fellas who signed his dad’s execution warrant picked off one by one. Sort of like a longterm payback situation.

I think Queen Anne’s girlfriend Sarah Churchill was Winston Churchill’s great granny. Also, wasn’t one of Camilla Parker Bowles’ ancestors also a royal mistress? I know her cousin was the first to win the million pound prize in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire in the UK years ago.

Reactions: 3
Royal Family Errata:

Anyone else impressed by the sheer volume of acknowledged illegitimate children of Charles II? That he acknowledged so many was extremely chill for the time period in England (other massive Royal philanderers like Henry VIII ignored his or gave a couple titles to keep them busy and away from court).

Just scrolling down a list of the kids on Wiki now. I think one of his favoured mistresses was a lowborn actress called Nell Gwyn. The rest were a rotation of highborn ladies with very familiar last names (Villiers etc). I also know that he spent most of his reign trying not to go the same way as his dad, whilst having the fellas who signed his dad’s execution warrant picked off one by one. Sort of like a longterm payback situation.

I think Queen Anne’s girlfriend Sarah Churchill was Winston Churchill’s great granny. Also, wasn’t one of Camilla Parker Bowles’ ancestors also a royal mistress? I know her cousin was the first to win the million pound prize in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire in the UK years ago.
Yes, Alice Keppel was Ed VII's mistress, she was even at his death bed, which is rather unusual for a mistress. Some rumours that at least one of her two kids might've been Ed's, but I have never read up on that, so might be typical bs cuckoo rumour. Alice was Camilla's great-granny through her daughter Sonia Cubitt.

Camilla married APB wearing her family tiara, the Cubitt tiara, as did Cam's daughter. Charles has made an effort of tracking Cam's old family jewels down and buying them (back) for her.

Like or dislike is immaterial, I know the criticism is seen as "hate", but whatever. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Also, wasn’t one of Camilla Parker Bowles’ ancestors also a royal mistress? I know her cousin was the first to win the million pound prize in Who Wants To Be A Millionaire in the UK years ago.
Yes, Alice Keppel. She's Camilla's great-grandmother.

Reactions: 2
I think Wiliam’s Jecca antics where questionable and he got tons of flack for it. The Easter trip was crappy- no matter what angle you look at. At best, he and Kate have a loving, respectful and honest relationship so she can trust him and is confident enough so he can still do things with his old friends and exes that have evolved to be just very good friends. I think he might have been hung up on her for a while but if I were Jecca’s husband I would have made sure to not invite him if there was something serious going on. And her family might have taken the feelings of their son in-law into consideration before inviting Wiliam. That is why I don’t think their relationship went on behind the scenes.
The BRF should definitely take a close look at their European counterparts. The Swedes are great in creating positive PR (even though they get criticised too). And I think they have found a great way to introduce Estelle to her role. The Oranjes just glow and radiate joy- it will be interesting how the CP will fare. People have been so mean to her. In Norway Princess Ingrid is stepping up big time- at least in terms of visibility and she seems to be a very mature young woman. In Spain, CP Leonore seems shy but already trains in 3 languages additionally to her own.The Belgium CP is already publicly speaking and out and about- at 19. Christian of Denmark is rather invisible still. All of them are getting a great education though. Compared to them the Brits look like ignorant idiots, just lucky they never really have to work a day for their living. The BRF is definitely not pushing their academic side enough. You can absolutely do both. Loving outdoors, the countryside, sport and simple life and also pursue higher education and learn several languages. The British way of representation is not completely off in terms of modern PR but they should re-evaluate things. Just bringing in high numbers through handshaking won’t cut it in the future. They need to shine more in the times of SM.

I am really excited for the wave of Queens that awaits us- my biggest wish would be they embrace their jewel vaults whenever possible. And to get a beautiful group picture all decked out in their glorious jewels. Or maybe all of them (all as in ALL men, women, all ages) in full gear for a 2037 group shot of Queen Victoria’s descendants to celebrate 200 years since she ascended the throne.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Love the talk on royal mistresses! Mary Boleyn was a mistress of Henry8 with rumours that her mother was too!

Reactions: 5
am really excited for the wave of Queens that awaits us- my biggest wish would be they embrace their jewel vaults whenever possible. And to get a beautiful group picture all decked out in their glorious jewels. Or maybe all of them (all as in ALL men, women, all ages) in full gear for a 2037 group shot of Queen Victoria’s descendants to celebrate 200 years since she ascended the throne.
in not a Royal gawper but I would be all over a picture like this 😁 Sadly I think it would show our Royals up as quite dull and uninspiring compared to the more modern, streamlined and educated European Royals.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.