The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Spencer was an idiot on MIC, but to be fair he had a drink problem I heard, and has now given up alcohol. I admire people who do this, when they realise they have a problem.
I cannot stand his wife, Vogue. Very gobby, reminds me of Ferne McCann; and a cousin of mine.... very loud, opinionated and gobby!!!
I can't stand vogue or her clicking at her persil tabs. She annoys me so much in that advert. Irrational I know. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I can't stand vogue or her clicking at her persil tabs. She annoys me so much in that advert. Irrational I know. 😂
Same. What is it about her mouth or work she’s had done. Her face looks strange with the last number of years. She’s everywhere and hugely annoying. I’m no fan of westlife or Brian Mc Fadden but I thought it was in really poor taste her slagging him off recently about what a mistake marrying him was when that is in fact what put her into the public eye in the first place. Dope.

Reactions: 10
I have just caught up with the 2 part documentary on the Diana Interview on ITV Hub. Apparently they aired most of the stuff she said, but edited out inappropriate comments about the Queen Mum. I wonder what she said???

Reactions: 3
Change of topic a bit but I wondered if those of you who watched the Queen's speech on Christmas Day noticed anything odd about her mouth ? It seemed so tight as if she had new teeth recently...

Reactions: 1
Change of topic a bit but I wondered if those of you who watched the Queen's speech on Christmas Day noticed anything odd about her mouth ? It seemed so tight as if she had new teeth recently...
With all the shenanigans in her family no wonder she's tight lipped !

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Thread has gone quiet... So I'm gonna throw it back. Katherine Howard. Abused child or wanton woman?

Reactions: 2
Thread has gone quiet... So I'm gonna throw it back. Katherine Howard. Abused child or wanton woman?
Definitely abused woman! She was 19 and pushed into marrying an fat, impotent old man with a weeping rotting sore on his leg.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I suspect most of Henry VIII's wives were abused women. Forced into marrying him.
Aristo women were lucky to be taught the rudiments of reading, maybe a language or two plus some dance, singing and the like. So I think they would come across as a bit ill-educated. The chaps were Biblically and State-sanctioned / encouraged to administer corporal punishment to both their wives and children. So I imagine a lot of the ladies would be having to keep their mouths shut. Especially 19yr old girls married off to necrotising syphilitic old men.

So to lighten the mood and a nod to the fact that this is a gossip site, who do you all think the abnormally highly educated Elizabeth I got with?

It was widely acknowledged that Thomas Seymour, the bloke who married her step mum, “romped” with Lizzy when she was 13/14 (nowadays we’d call it something more appropriate like “statutory rape” and “grooming”), but she also played with some of her courtiers, most notably Dudley (did he murder his wife, Lettice, to get with Liz?) and later Devereux (who was kind of like the Carl Woods of his day).

I always wondered about Raleigh and Drake as well. I’m sure there are others, who am I missing?

Reactions: 7
Aristo women were lucky to be taught the rudiments of reading, maybe a language or two plus some dance, singing and the like. So I think they would come across as a bit ill-educated. The chaps were Biblically and State-sanctioned / encouraged to administer corporal punishment to both their wives and children. So I imagine a lot of the ladies would be having to keep their mouths shut. Especially 19yr old girls married off to necrotising syphilitic old men.

So to lighten the mood and a nod to the fact that this is a gossip site, who do you all think the abnormally highly educated Elizabeth I got with?

It was widely acknowledged that Thomas Seymour, the bloke who married her step mum, “romped” with Lizzy when she was 13/14 (nowadays we’d call it something more appropriate like “statutory rape” and “grooming”), but she also played with some of her courtiers, most notably Dudley (did he murder his wife, Lettice, to get with Liz?) and later Devereux (who was kind of like the Carl Woods of his day).

I always wondered about Raleigh and Drake as well. I’m sure there are others, who am I missing?
Defo some sort of grooming from old Tommy Seymour... Probably trying to get the throne for himself!

Not sure about the Robert dudley thing though... They were friends from being locked in the tower wasn't they?

BTW.. His wife that "fell down the stairs" was Amy, he married Lettice, the queen's cousin, later and they were banished from court for a time.

Reactions: 5
I think he's Katie Price's latest victim!
Seems quite a sinister character.
Thank you. When I googled the name, an American orthodontist and a butcher in Reading were the top results.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you. When I googled the name, an American orthodontist and a butcher in Reading were the top results.
I thought it apt - ageing lady with way too much make up and no teeth dating extremely thirsty young man using her for her connections and wealth. Devereux eventually kicked off a rebellion that Elizabeth put down and then had him executed as he begged for mercy. So Carl, take notes...

Defo some sort of grooming from old Tommy Seymour... Probably trying to get the throne for himself!

Not sure about the Robert dudley thing though... They were friends from being locked in the tower wasn't they?

BTW.. His wife that "fell down the stairs" was Amy, he married Lettice, the queen's cousin, later and they were banished from court for a time.
Thanks for the correction, I knew it was a scandal because the new wife was meant to have Royal connections and Elizabeth was paranoid about dynasties popping up around her. For example, she went spare at Lord Darnley’s mother when he married Mary Queen of Scots (giving the French lady an extra claim on the English throne - and helping along her son, who would become James I).

I thought that Dudley and Elizabeth were lovers - she would always make a point to terrorise any of his paramours.

Imagine how things would have been if the Swedish King managed to cross the North Sea to marry her? Or if she married a Russian Prince - could have changed the course of our history.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
That’s how famous he is 😉👏🏼

I don’t know very much at all about the Tudors, Stuarts etc, does anyone have book and/or documentary recommendations pls? I’m not so keen on narrated YouTube videos 🥴

Is anyone watching ' The Great' on ch4? Its err.. great 😄. About Catherine the Great and her useless husband Peter.

Reactions: 4
I’m a good way through Lady Colin Campbells book about the queen mother; is it right she was a scheming duplicitous snob? QM, not LCC. I’ve not read about her before.

Reactions: 8
I just read a trilogy based on a hypthetical situation that KH actually wasn't beheaded but was removed and had twins - a son and a daughter. They were sent elsewhere to be brought up. I can't remember the bliddy name of the books/author but it spans now back to that time and a spy network of high class women including Queen Liz I. It was actually quite interesting if rather fanciful.

That’s how famous he is 😉👏🏼

I don’t know very much at all about the Tudors, Stuarts etc, does anyone have book and/or documentary recommendations pls? I’m not so keen on narrated YouTube videos 🥴
Start off with some novels about the Queens of Henry 8th and then look at the reference books used if you want to pursue it further. Philipa Gregory is good if light reading but gets you into the feeling of the time the Tudors lived. Elizabeth Chadwick is another prolific writer on the Tudors. Enjoy. The period is fascinating.

I’m a good way through Lady Colin Campbells book about the queen mother; is it right she was a scheming duplicitous snob? QM, not LCC. I’ve not read about her before.
She was a nasty piece of work by all accounts.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.