The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what song is that please?? edit to say well I found out the song but in that video its obviously a cover - I love that ones don't suppose anyone knows who that is?

and I agree its so sad he has to do all of this immediately after losing his mum. Ive never been a Charles fan but my god I feel for him so much and Camilla looks like she's going to burst into tears at any given moment, she really looked like she was struggling during the walkabout earlier.
Taylor Swift - Long live. If you search "edit audio" after the title on YouTube it may come up.

Reactions: 2
Can’t stop wondering if the Cambridge children (if that’s what they’re still called??) will be at the funeral. I initially thought George and Charlotte would but now I’m not sure, remembering William and Harry’s feelings on how public their grief was at Diana’s funeral.
I know this isn’t the children’s mum, but all eyes will be on them.
They’ll be Wales now … like William was until he was Cambridge and then back to Wales.
its bonkers really

Reactions: 6
I have seen Charles a few times. Once when I worked around the corner from the Princes Trust and he swept out to get in a car. I have also seen him a couple of times at the Cornwall Country Show. You get quite close, he doesn’t mind getting in amongst the crowds. He never seems in a hurry. Very high colouring. Camilla wears a lot of make up and always has a good blowdry!

I saw Diana a couple of times, just her shopping in Kensington High Street.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If you don’t mind sharing, where did you see the Queen? I’d love to hear stories from folks who have seen her in person or met her
I know you were asking another person but thought I would drop my stories in.

I first saw The Queen during her Diamond Jubilee tour. I went to see her in York, Nottingham and Leeds. Leeds was the best as she was so close.

She walked down the opposite side to us. I was so busy watching The Queen, I didn't even realise Prince Philip was infront of me. We spoke, he was SO nice. He told me to climb over the barriers to take my flowers over to The Queen but I said I couldn't. He offered to take them over to her. As he was walking away, he turned back around and said "who shall I say they're from?" I said my name and he smiled then said "can I say they're from me?" He gave me the biggest smile and took my flowers over to The Queen.
The Queen took the flowers from Prince Philip and looked over and smiled and waved to me.

An amazing memory that I will remember and cherish forever.

I've also seen The Queen once at Trooping of the Colour and once when on a trip to London where there happened to be a state visit (cannot remember who it was) but we walked to the mall not knowing anything about it and saw police and a few people dotted around so we decided to stay and see what was happening. A while later The Queen went by in a Royal carriage.

(Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share)

❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 65
Can’t stop wondering if the Cambridge children (if that’s what they’re still called??) will be at the funeral. I initially thought George and Charlotte would but now I’m not sure, remembering William and Harry’s feelings on how public their grief was at Diana’s funeral.
I know this isn’t the children’s mum, but all eyes will be on them.
I was discussing this with my mum and my grandma's great children were around Charlotte's age and they didn't attend. I personally think it isn't the event for a child plus I expect a state funeral to be even worse. I wouldn't blame them for keeping them away.

Reactions: 4
I would understand either way with George, but the younger ones probably shouldn't go.

Reactions: 4
I've been on this thread for the last day and it's been both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. I wouldn't say I'm the hugest royalist but I've been so upset with the Queen's passing. I think it invokes memories of family we've lost, and also, it's like she's a part of our family as she's been a constant in our lives forever.

I've met a few of them too. When I was 7 I was voted by my classmates to hand over a bouquet to her when she came to open up a new enclosure at the zoo. I can't remember a lot, but just remember her thanking me and her smile. Phillip was with her and I remember he was really lovely talking to all the other kids who were there and cracking jokes. Absolutely gutted that there's no photos of this. Way before the camera phone era.

I met Charles and Camilla about 6 years ago at an event they were at near my work. She was absolutely lovely. Took the time to speak to everyone and shake everyone's hand. He was a little more grumpy and a stickler for trying to keep to the timeliness whereas Camilla would have happily stayed and chatted all day I feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hi all, first time posting here. I must admit i never really took an interest in the royal family but somehow i’m left feeling devastated, I’m now kicking myself that it took her death for me to really learn about her & all the wonderful things she done. Currently watching the tribute on bbc1, what a remarkable woman, there will never be another. Sending love to all ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s so strange really … it must be hard for Charles to hand over Highgrove and the Duchy.
He won't have to hand over Highgrove, that belongs to him personally.

I think Zara and Mike will probably take over the racing side, they've already won the Welsh Grand National with Monbeg Dude.

Reactions: 7
I was discussing this with my mum and my grandma's great children were around Charlotte's age and they didn't attend. I personally think it isn't the event for a child plus I expect a state funeral to be even worse. I wouldn't blame them for keeping them away.
My then 7 year old went to his great grandma's funeral. I felt it was important for him and I appreciated him being there holding my hand(I thought I was holding his but looking back he was definitely holding mine). It's a bit different though it being televised so that would play a part in the decision

Reactions: 3
I agree. They didn’t go to Philip’s so I feel that set the precedent.

Does anyone know what happens to all her personal jewellery? Would The Queen have a will?

Reactions: 5
Hi all, first time posting here. I must admit i never really took an interest in the royal family but somehow i’m left feeling devastated, I’m now kicking myself that it took her death for me to really learn about her & all the wonderful things she done. Currently watching the tribute on bbc1, what a remarkable woman, there will never be another. Sending love to all ❤
Hey you 😘 I’ve been stuck on this thread since yesterday lunchtime.
Don’t kick yourself that you didn’t have an interest before - often it’s something like this that makes us pay attention and I think that’s the same for a lot of people.

Honestly if today is the first time you’re really paying attention to Charles, you’re getting a really brilliant first impression of him as he starts as King.

• Heart
💕💕Fly high with the angles Lizzie hun 🕊🕊
ur with diana and jade goody now. and the angles obvs. I'll never forget when Jade died, someone actually put, as a tribute 'You're with diana and the angles now'. It's become a family joke everytime someone famous dies

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.