Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I assume by this point Huw Edwards is running on Red Bull and caffeine And isn’t doing to sleep for at least 2 days.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Lalla

VIP Member
I made the mistake of going on twitter. Some people are being vile. Making it all into a joke. It's just so insensitive.
I'm glad I'm not on Twitter. I've had to block a couple of vile individuals on Insta who decided to declare today how they weren't sad about the Queen's passing, as she was a terrible person who was too rich etc whilst others have nothing.

I mean is there any need? 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Vile.

Charles: "Oh God. I'll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier."

Camilla: "What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? Oh, you're going to come back as a pair of knickers."

Charles: "Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck!"

This exchange was followed by jokes about Charles turning into an entire box of tampons and of being "chucked down the lavatory."

What a charmer!
To be fair, when you are on what you think is a private phone call with your secret squeeze you’re not going to be asking them if they’ve put the bins out and if they can take some bread out the freezer.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Where have all the Diana stans come from?! If you're all so keen on the sanctity of marriage, where do you stand on Saint Diana and Will Carling?

• Heart
Reactions: 29

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I love he referenced both sons. I believe he loves them very much.

People are going to read all sorts into the Harry reference but I am taking it as he said it. He loves him, he’s doing his own thing, everyone leave it.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Just when you think you can’t be any more of a soggy, snotty mess Charles hits you with flights of angels.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

HoneyBee29

VIP Member
I'm glad I'm not on Twitter. I've had to block a couple of vile individuals on Insta who decided to declare today how they weren't sad about the Queen's passing, as she was a terrible person who was too rich etc whilst others have nothing.

I mean is there any need? 😢
The amount of disrespect is disgusting I’m not a massive royal fan but I do have a lot of respect for the queen and what she’s done for the country. She also can’t help what she was born into for goodness sake, her life was planned out for her from a young age and she sacrificed so much for a role she wasn’t initially meant to take on, in my opinion everybody should at least have respect for her for that alone.

• Heart

truelies

Only just stopped my tears, what lovely words from King Charles. So pleased for William & Kate and even a nod to Harry. So much love from him about our beautiful Queen. Going to sound a bit weird now, but I am so looking forward to see all our pomp and glory on display when we give our Queen the state funeral she so deserves. Such historical times.

• Heart

thegreencow

VIP Member
It was pre recorded at Buckingham Palace earlier.

God this is difficult to watch. Charles talking about his dear Mummy. He is doing well to keep it together. He looks emotionally drained.

Both Charles and Diana made mistakes. I have warmed to Camilla recently.

Confirmed that William and Catherine are Prince and Princess of Wales. So lovely for him to mention Harry and Meghan.

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Catherine and William moving into that smaller house in Windsor was, in hindsight, just going to be temporary. I think everyone knew that she would not last the year. As the kids have just started a new school in the area, I wonder if they will move to the castle itself?

I feel numb. I am not a fan of the royal family, but I admired the Queen greatly, particularly in the last few years. She was a constant in a country/world that seemed to be moving at a fast pace, often under unsettling circumstances. She was a comfort. We were lucky to have her for so long. An amazing woman, I think it will take a while for her loss to sink in. We genuinely will not see her like again.
She was exactly that ‘ a comfort’, a safe pair of hands and a level head. I truly think that the vast majority of people will be saddened by her death.

queenamber

VIP Member
I don't agree with how they got together but I think Camilla will make a brilliant Queen Consort to Charles. I'd love to have a boozy lunch with her.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Diana was a lamb to the slaughter, shame on Charles and Camilla taking advantage of her!
Taking advantage 😂. It was basically an arranged marriage. I have as much sympathy for Charles as Diana, in that I doubt either of them had much of a say in the whole thing.

BonBon27

VIP Member
Not a royalist but I find this blame game so disrespectful. This is a family who have lost someone. Regardless of her status she was a much loved woman and those left behind will be missing her terribly. They should be supported in their grief while they come to terms with her passing. It’s not a soap opera to be picked over tabloid style.
Not to mention she was 96, and Philip 99, and with all the best wishes in the world they were not going to live forever. You can’t blame anyone for a person of that age dying, they dealt with stressful situations their entire lives - wars, pandemics, deaths, divorces etc etc.
I have cried a lot more than I thought I would at the death of a woman I never met, I have always admired and respected the Queen, but it’s not a shock to lose a lady at her age.

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I still think it was sudden and unexpected, in that they didn’t think she’d go today. My Mum says she’s read somewhere that she had a stroke this morning, I don’t know where she saw that though.
I’m certain it must have been something sudden, bearing in mind we saw her just 48 hours earlier. Best way to go IMO, minimal suffering. An awful shock for the family obviously, but a blessing for the person who dies.

• Heart